First game you ever played? Have you ever finished it?

Squilookle

Nov 6, 2008
Bigbomb94 said:
Diddy Kong Racing for N64. Still haven't beaten it yet. Those silver coin challenges were just too hard. But years later, I've manged to complete the challenges and complete the adventure mode. That is until I've found out that there's four more tracks, each with new silver coin challenges. Still haven't beaten them yet.
Do it. It's worth it.

Pretty sure for me it was Super Mario Bros on the NES as well. Never finished it, though I finished World and 64, so that's gotta count for something.

robotdragon

Jun 10, 2012
I first played soul reaver on the ps1, when I was four or five. I've never finished it, but coincidentally the sequel was the first game I ever finished. God, I love that series.

MaxiP62

Jul 10, 2011
viranimus said:
I likely played over 100 games that didnt have an ending before I actually played one with one.

wait, does cup and ball count? Didnt specify video game, right?
But it's in the gaming discussion, on a primarily video game based website.

Either way, I don't think anyone found your little joke funny...

ejb626

Aug 6, 2009
Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit on PS1, I think the only thing that qualifies finishing the game is to get the highest scores in all the modes which I most certainly didn't do, I didn't even bother with the racing aspect I just enjoyed driving around the courses.

CrimsonBlaze

Aug 29, 2011
The first game that I can remember playing was Super Mario Bros. and I was able to finish it, years later, of course.

KrossBillNye

Jan 25, 2010
Man looking through these posts make me feel so old....

Mine was

And I finished this game. My folks had their old Atari 2600 and from there I begged them for a NES. Which I slowly spiraled into the dark clutches of gaming.

Bostur

Mar 14, 2011
Something Pong'ish or maybe a pinball machine. I don't believe those can be finished.

I also had an old Vic20 game callled Garden Wars that would repeat the last level ad infinitum with increasing difficulty.

Back then many games were eternal and meant to be played until people had enough of them.

The first game I had that could be finished was the Scott Adams adventure Pirate's Cove/Pirate Adventure. I did finish that.

Tomany2

Jun 17, 2008
Super Mario Bros 3 on the NES... god that was fun. i played it when i was 4 or 5... beat it the same week i got it.. :p Recently i re-played it when i found my old nes... it was a lot harder than i remember... but i beat it (Without flutes) in like.... 4 hrs +/- 2 hrs

Palmerama

Jul 23, 2011
Mine were Space Invaders, Pac-Man, and Commander Keen for Windows 3.1! Never completed any of them!

Sparrow

Feb 22, 2009
Not sure I remember, but I'd hazard at a guess at Sonic the Hedgehog 1. Never did beat it either. There's also an outside chance it was Pokemon Yellow, in which case yes. Got every single Pokemon at one time. Ah, to be young and anti-social...

MrGseff

Jun 10, 2009
Super Mario Bros 3 on the NES about 15 Years ago at my cousin's house. Still haven't completed it.... doubt I ever will

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
My first game was Tetris and I guess the "ending" would be the one where you get a rocketship to fly off which its size depend on your score. In that case no I never get that high of a score to reach that.

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
I honestly can't remember. I think it was something on the Colecovision. One of the earliest games I games I can remember is Super Mario Bros. on the NES, and yes I have finished it, back when my parents finally caved and bought a NES when I was 6. First finished the Game Boy Colour version when I was 16 or 17.

Rumpsteak

Nov 7, 2011
Sonic the Hedgehog... I think. I'm honestly not sure. I don't think I ever finished it but I wouldn't be confident enough to bet on that.

General_Tragg

May 25, 2011
Oh I feel old, first game I played was a colouring game on the Amstrad, I was probably 3 or 4 and I have no idea what the game was called....

I guess I finished it, because once you chose a colour for everything the tractor drove out of the barn and that was the end of the game.

I must have spent hours playing that game....

Richardplex

Jun 22, 2011
Pokemon red - got 129 pokémon, I'd say I finished it but I didn't complete it. First console game was Rat Attack: Eradicator, which I completely completed. If anyone else has even heard of that game I'll be surprised.

Yellowbeard

Nov 2, 2010
Berzerk and Pong and ET on the Atari 2600, although I can only remember playing Berzerk and maybe a bit of ET.

First PC game was Pharoah's Tomb.