First game you ever played?

s0p0g

Aug 24, 2009
tough one... i am not sure, it either was Super Mario Land at cousin's, or Tetris on my own Game Boy.
ah yes, when you turned off the sound and put that clunky grey heavyweight on the radiator, just to get maybe 10 more minutes of fun out of it, before you changed them batteries.

come to think about it, i believe it was Super Mario i played first. i think i knew how to save energy on Game Boys before i had my own.

glorious eighties.

CleverCover

Nov 17, 2010
First game I remember?

Sonic the Hedgehog 1.

Never loved and hated something so much as I did then.

kwydjebo

Sep 1, 2010
First video game I remember playing at home, Pac-Man on the Atari 2600.
First Video game...I recall playing Donkey Kong (Badly) in the arcade, along with Pac Man, and Burger Time.

socialmenace42

May 8, 2010
Probably Commander Keen 4 on my dads computer. Ah, those were the days, po-going around 2D levels shooting space slugs and collecting chocolate bars to rack up my score. And saving old men in red robes.

Actually thinking back that game was seriously wierd...

Sabinfrost

Mar 2, 2011
Obviously I'm bit older than a bunch of the readers on here :p

John McCarmac's 2D Catacomb on MS-DOS

Bloodstain

Jun 20, 2009
A Commodore 64 game. It was about a caveman on a unicycle evading obstacles, can't remember the title.

Father Tunde

Dec 8, 2010
The original Crash Bandicoot, with both the game and the Playstation owned by my mother. Our family had a lot of fun with that console and series! I remember many Sundays where me, my siblings, and my mother, would play any of the first two, and CTR!

EvilPicnic

Sep 9, 2009
Kirby's Dream Land, shortly followed by Super Mario Land on my chunky grey GameBoy. An awesome start.

GodofDisaster

Premium member
Sep 10, 2009
The first game I ever played was Duck Hunt for the Nintendo 64, to this day I'm still questioning why I couldn't shoot that fucking dog.

RHadley

Dec 5, 2010
For me, the first game I ever played was T/FPS tank based shooter Recoil. And I would be amazed if there is another Escapist out here who has played it.

Despite dodgy graphics, a daft story and a sometimes buggy sequences, this game was actually good fun. Enough variety in weapons, enemies, levels and objectives to make the game interesting. Multiplayer was annoying but not terrible.

Still, don't bother getting Recoil. It's developers were bought out years ago, and I doubt there are any copies left (except the one in my home).

But way back when, I liked it.

kinglovejoy

May 21, 2009
I can't remember too well to be sure it was the first, but I can recall slotting a gold NES cartridge into the console and grabbing a wooden sword off a crazy old man.

Ah The Legend of Zelda. I was far too young to even fathom completing the game, but it was all groovy.

CardinalPiggles

Jun 24, 2010
Blowing raspberries Oh you mean video game?

In that case I guess Wheel of fortune on the Commodore 64, FUCK YEAH that's old

Draitheryn

Jan 20, 2010
I cant recall 100%, likely pac-man or the popeye arcade game or something of the sort. I can remember my first console video game experience on the atari 2600 was q-bert and Berzerk

CrimsonBlaze

Aug 29, 2011
I can't recall if it was Super Mario Bros./Duck Hunt, or Super Mario Bros. 3. I only recall that those two were the earliest games that I remember playing.