First thoughts when you hear germany?

Fiad

Apr 3, 2010
When someone says Germany I immediately think of the few friends I know from there. I don't really associate the Nazis with Germany. That isn't who they are anymore. Can't blame them for what their ancestors did.

Kynreave

Dec 5, 2011
=> The war (I'm British)
=> Precision Engineering
=> Funny German accents.
=> Sausages

In that order.

I Max95

Mar 23, 2009
2 actually
firstly it's where my family immigrated from some time before world war 1

secondly Oktoberfest, that nice German Restaurant i went to during my vacation at Disney World

Sentox6

Jun 30, 2008
The Autobahn.

I want nothing more than to live near the autobahn. My car is only good for 155mph/250kph, but what I wouldn't give to be able to legally sit on that speed for a decent period of time.

onewheeled

Aug 4, 2009
Beer.

..wait, what? Why is that the first thing I think of? I'm 16 years old, and I've never had a sip of beer in my life... Ah, whatever.

ArbiterX13

Jul 2, 2011
My battle-ready, high carbon steel 16th century German mace. What? I thought everyone had those!

2012 Wont Happen

Aug 12, 2009
Only decent economy on the Euro.
That's because I'm a debater though. I have to become very opinionated about Eurozone economic crises to do well.

Misterian

Elite Member
Oct 3, 2009
Country
United States
When I hear Germany, I usually think of somewhat chubby, jolly men who wear letherhosen.

I hope no German Escapist-dwellers take that as an offensive sterotype.

OctoH

Feb 14, 2011
I have two cousins that live in Germany. So I think of their family. I am sure it is odd to think of a bunch of Asian Germans, but hey, that is the beauty of the modern world is it not?

thethingthatlurks

Feb 16, 2010
Xartyve2 said:
Sauerkraut. I don't even know what it is, I just enjoy saying it. Sauerkrautsauerkrautsauerkraut
It's pickled cabbage (sour cabbage). After it is taken out of the container, it is cooked up with an apple and an onion, though those are not eaten. The sour taste comes from the pickling liquid.

Yeah...we sure do love that kraut stuff. There's rotkohl, blaukraut (actually the same cabbage, but its color changes as the cooking medium becomes acidic/basic - it's a natural indicator)...weißkohl. Just color+cabbage.