First Video Footage Of Prince Of Persia Movie Now Online

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
45,698
0
0
First Video Footage Of Prince Of Persia Movie Now Online


The first video footage of the upcoming Jake Gyllenhaal [http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0473075/]!

That probably came out wrong. Anyway, HollywoodChicago [http://www.etonline.com/]) has some behind-the-scenes footage of the movie as it was being shot in London and Morocco as well as some comments from Gyllenhaal, the Prince himself, who seemed somewhat less than inclined to take any of it seriously. Gyllenhaal expressed pleasure at all the apparent interest in his buffed-out physique, saying, "That's fantastic... For all of the people who are probably massively interested out there, I've probably put on five pounds of muscle. Muscle implants." He added that he was "absolutely not" going to keep his body in this condition once the movie was completed.

Producer Jerry Bruckheimer played things straighter, however, explaining the need to travel to the North African desert for eight weeks of shooting. "The scope, the landscapes, the colors... I haven't seen photography like this since Lawrence of Arabia," he said.

Entertainment Tonight's preview footage of Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time, due out in May 2010, can be seen here [http://www.hollywoodchicago.com/news/5629/first-video-prince-of-persia-the-sands-of-time-jake-gyllenhaal-jerry-bruckheimer].


Permalink
 

TheEggplant

Excess Ain't Rebellion
Jul 26, 2008
94
0
0
Am I the only one who thinks Prince Jake should be staring in Barfly 2?
Seriously how hard would it have been to use an actor either from or descended from a middle-eastern heritage.
 

PedroSteckecilo

Mexican Fugitive
Feb 7, 2008
6,732
0
0
I agree that they should have used a Middle Eastern Actor, but that really isn't Jay Bruck's style is it? At least Gyllenhal has talent and they look like they're trying WAY harder than Uwe Boll ever has to make a good videogame movie. PoP is also a pretty good product to use for movie fodder, it's got a good premise and a story that's thin enough to turn into a film. The raw footage looks promising at least.
 

HobbesMkii

Hold Me Closer Tony Danza
Jun 7, 2008
856
0
0
Hey, at least Bruckheimer is producing. The real question that comes to mind when I see all these game-movies is "Will Uwe Boll ever get another job?"
 

Pigeon_Grenade

New member
May 29, 2008
1,163
0
0
well im sure they could have chosen a difrent actor that we Totally dident think should be playing that part... Like Carrot top
 

AceDiamond

New member
Jul 7, 2008
2,293
0
0
TheEggplant said:
Am I the only one who thinks Prince Jake should be staring in Barfly 2?
Seriously how hard would it have been to use an actor either from or descended from a middle-eastern heritage.
And how hard would it have been for Jordan Mechner to rotoscope a person either from or descended from Middle-Eastern heritage. (NOTE: I fully expect someone to point out that Mechner is a name with middle-eastern roots and make me look foolish but oh well, c'est la mort)

I gotta be honest, Gyllenhaal does not look like that bad a choice and at least he's a competent actor. I do have to wonder what they're shooting in London for though.
 

fix-the-spade

New member
Feb 25, 2008
8,639
0
0
wait, ewhat?

Comparing a film-of-game to one the best shot movies of all time?
To Mr Bruckheimer: Arse, head, out of, pull.
 

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
7,222
0
0
AceDiamond said:
And how hard would it have been for Jordan Mechner to rotoscope a person either from or descended from Middle-Eastern heritage. (NOTE: I fully expect someone to point out that Mechner is a name with middle-eastern roots and make me look foolish but oh well, c'est la mort)
As opposed to using his brother, who he got to do the body double work for free? Sorry, but that simply isn't an appropriate analogy, especially given that the character from the original games was made to look Persian...or at least as Persian as a character that rudimentary could.
 

TsunamiWombat

New member
Sep 6, 2008
5,870
0
0
Oh god, the Prince is going to have a goddamned british accent ><

I feel a brain hemmorage coming on. Am I the only one whose thinking "Oh god no another videogame movie, it's going to be aweful. The goggles, they do nothing!"
 

AceDiamond

New member
Jul 7, 2008
2,293
0
0
Susan Arendt said:
AceDiamond said:
And how hard would it have been for Jordan Mechner to rotoscope a person either from or descended from Middle-Eastern heritage. (NOTE: I fully expect someone to point out that Mechner is a name with middle-eastern roots and make me look foolish but oh well, c'est la mort)
As opposed to using his brother, who he got to do the body double work for free? Sorry, but that simply isn't an appropriate analogy, especially given that the character from the original games was made to look Persian...or at least as Persian as a character that rudimentary could.
Like I said, c'est la mort. Also you're assuming that Mechner did not know any middle-eastern people. Just like I'm assuming he might have for the sake of my joke argument

Besides it's fun to put out the stupid argument first and then followup with the real one is, "we have a Welshman playing Batman, and formerly he was the titular American Psycho. I don't see what the big deal is." It's film, people!

Also I did honestly try to wrack my brains and come up with a good drama/action middle-eastern descended actor. All I came up with was Omar Sharif. I think he's a bit too old for that. Kal Penn doesn't count because of all the comedy he's known for and also because he's of Indian Descent, which last I checked, is not the Middle East, and was only a tiny part of one form of the Persian Empire.
 

Vlane

New member
Sep 14, 2008
1,996
0
0
Gyllenhaal looks a bit like the Prince but his voice is "Argh". Anyway maybe the fighting is going to be good.
 

Angron

New member
Jul 15, 2008
386
0
0
i think this almost looks watchable, guess ill be keeping my eye on this one ;)
 

Canadianwookie

New member
Oct 9, 2008
100
0
0
I dunno, looks a little bit like they're going for the whole parent and kids movie, as opposed to the gamer movie. So I think it's gonna be successful, I just won't be watching it.

I'm thinking 3/4 stars on average.
 

super_smash_jesus

New member
Dec 11, 2007
1,072
0
0
hmmmmmm, i guess we can all be thankful it isn't nicholas cage. And to be clear, I hold absolutely no hopes of this movie being good what-so-ever. Video game turned movie concept be damned!
 

Avatar Roku

New member
Jul 9, 2008
6,169
0
0
TsunamiWombat said:
Oh god, the Prince is going to have a goddamned british accent ><

I feel a brain hemmorage coming on. Am I the only one whose thinking "Oh god no another videogame movie, it's going to be aweful. The goggles, they do nothing!"
Didn't he have one in the game too? And wasn't he just a white guy with a tan in SoT?
 

TsunamiWombat

New member
Sep 6, 2008
5,870
0
0
They could've gotten Antonio Bandera's to play the prince... He's done it before, 13th Warrior.

Oh well, maybe he was too old for it.
 

Mstrswrd

Always playing Touhou. Always.
Mar 2, 2008
1,724
0
0
orannis62 said:
TsunamiWombat said:
Oh god, the Prince is going to have a goddamned british accent ><

I feel a brain hemmorage coming on. Am I the only one whose thinking "Oh god no another videogame movie, it's going to be aweful. The goggles, they do nothing!"
Didn't he have one in the game too? And wasn't he just a white guy with a tan in SoT?
Yes he did, and yes, he was.
 

Zer_

Rocket Scientist
Feb 7, 2008
2,682
0
0
How much you wanna bet that some of you saying "Why didn't they take a real Persian." are the same people saying "Why can't James Bond be black?". The irony is thick... Very thick.