First Video Footage Of Prince Of Persia Movie Now Online

TsunamiWombat

Sep 6, 2008
SuperFriendBFG said:
How much you wanna bet that some of you saying "Why didn't they take a real Persian." are the same people saying "Why can't James Bond be black?". The irony is thick... Very thick.
Because James Bond is white with blonde hair in the books. The Prince is Persian in the source material.

TheEggplant

Excess Ain't Rebellion
Jul 26, 2008
fix-the-spade said:
wait, ewhat?

Comparing a film-of-game to one the best shot movies of all time?
To Mr Bruckheimer: Arse, head, out of, pull.
I'm not comparing the films. I'm simply saying, that in that photo, Jake looks like he just woke and crawled out of a gutter... AGAIN!

And to the point of someone a little bit more... authentic? to play the role of The Prince?
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1377352/

HuntrRose

Apr 28, 2009
TheEggplant said:
fix-the-spade said:
wait, ewhat?

Comparing a film-of-game to one the best shot movies of all time?
To Mr Bruckheimer: Arse, head, out of, pull.
I'm not comparing the films. I'm simply saying, that in that photo, Jake looks like he just woke and crawled out of a gutter... AGAIN!

And to the point of someone a little bit more... authentic? to play the role of The Prince?
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1377352/
Well, for place of birth and such, but not really a well known or proven actor in any way.
Seems he's mostly worked on Wall Street, which is more known for loosing other peoples money, than making great actors =P

Lazarus Long

Nov 20, 2008
AceDiamond said:
Also I did honestly try to wrack my brains and come up with a good drama/action middle-eastern descended actor. All I came up with was Omar Sharif. I think he's a bit too old for that. Kal Penn doesn't count because of all the comedy he's known for and also because he's of Indian Descent, which last I checked, is not the Middle East, and was only a tiny part of one form of the Persian Empire.
How about Oded Fehr? Too old to begin the training?

Eldritch Warlord

Jun 6, 2008
orannis62 said:
TsunamiWombat said:
Oh god, the Prince is going to have a goddamned british accent ><

I feel a brain hemmorage coming on. Am I the only one whose thinking "Oh god no another videogame movie, it's going to be aweful. The goggles, they do nothing!"
Didn't he have one in the game too? And wasn't he just a white guy with a tan in SoT?
Exactly, additionally the ancient Persians were also white (being Aryans).

annoyinglizardvoice

Apr 29, 2009
I'll give it a try when it comes out but I don't have high hopes.
I too would have prefered to see a more middle-eastern cast.

Fortesque

Jan 16, 2009
WHAT!! THE PRINCE HAS A NAME!

4 Prince of Persia games and he has never had a name. Pull a Kill Bill and dont give him a name, he is just the Prince.

Chishandfips

Ecstatic Sausage Consumer
Aug 20, 2008
I think it's interesting that (as far as I can tell) they're using the Sands of Time voice on the Warrior Within and new-game costumes.

Still, I'm actually rather looking forward to this. And despite being initially sceptical of Gyllenhaal in the lead, the pic does, I feel, make him look the part.

It can't be any worse than an Uwe Boll flick, or Super Mario Bros., right? Right?