Five Nights at Freddy's 4 is Coming This Halloween

Steven Bogos

The Taco Man
Jan 17, 2013
Five Nights at Freddy's 4 is Coming This Halloween

Five Nights at Freddy's 4: The Final Chapter will release just seven months after its predecessor.

When it comes to Let's Player-favorite horror series third title [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/tag/view/five%20nights%20at%20freddys?os=five+nights+at+freddys] simply appearing on the Steam store one day. This time, he is giving us a little warning, announcing that Five Nights at Freddy's 4: The Final Chapter will release this Halloween.

To give you an idea of just how crazy-popular this game has become, Cawthon's website [http://www.scottgames.com/] has been brought down thanks to the immense volume of traffic checking out the announcement.

We don't really know what the forth chapter will entail, as all we have been shown is an even-creepier-than-usual image of one of the series signature animatronic robots. Judging from the title, however, we can probably assume that this will be the last entry in the series, and will hopefully tie up a lot of those ambiguous plot threads from the prior games.

Last month, we heard that Warner Bros. had picked up the rights to a Five Nights at Freddy's movie [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/140382-Five-Nights-at-Freddys-Movie-by-Warner-Bros], which Hawthorn had also thrown his support behind.

So this Halloween, get ready to watch your favorite YouTubers wet themselves at jump-scares all over again!

Source: Polygon [http://www.scottgames.com/]

Rad Party God

Party like it's 2010!
Feb 23, 2010
Don't wanna be Douchey McNitpick, but it's "Cawthon", not "Hawthorne".

OT: Eagerly waiting for Freddy's X in Space.

Godzillarich(aka tf2godz)

Get the point
Legacy
Aug 1, 2011
Cretaceous
Country
USA
SupahGamuh said:

I'm just waiting for the one where he and his gang go to Manhattan, hell and fight the slenderman

edit: also this guys idea sounds brilliant

Nooners

Sep 27, 2009
Awesome, good for Scott. I keep hearing about people complaining about the release schedule, but these games can probably run on ANY device these days, cost less than a Baconator combo meal, and have no bullcrap DLC or DRM policies. I don't know what the problem is

Alfredo Jones

Jul 1, 2013
As a fan of the series' lore, I'm looking forward to what new story bits we'll get from this last game. I'm also really curious about what the flippin' hell is going on with that eldritch abomination of Freddy.

Silentpony_v1legacy

Alleged Feather-Rustler
Jun 5, 2013
Well I know what I'll being doing Halloween Night(Hint: Probably having a beer and playing Amnesia. Also if I remember, check Homestar Runner for a Toon now that they're back)

flying_whimsy

Dec 2, 2009
I am genuinely excited about this: I've really enjoyed the story and I love watching some of my favorite youtubers play the series. Maybe now we'll find out what happened to the original freddy and bonnie.

I really enjoy the brisk release schedule, as I think anything more drawn out would lose appeal.

fat american

Apr 2, 2008
tf2godz said:
SupahGamuh said:

I'm just waiting for the one where he and his gang go to Manhattan, hell and fight the slenderman

edit: also this guys idea sounds brilliant
At first I thought that guy was just joking, but it got pretty interesting towards the end there. I doubt it will be anything like that, but I'm still interested in the fourth game none the less.

It does make me sad that we live in a world where Silent Hills is cancelled, but we have four FNAF games. At least it's entertaining watching other people shit their pants playing it and Game Theory come up with lore videos.

EvilRoy

The face I make when I see unguarded pie.
Legacy
Jan 9, 2011
This guy is crazy prolific. Is it still a one man show?

At any rate, I'm not a huge fan of massive sequelising, but it seems more like he went down the path of some kind of undeclared episodic game system. Good on him that he has made this work.

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
EvilRoy said:
Yep. Remember that one of the reasons he can get these out so quickly is that the games are composed entirely of pre-rendered animation layers. Cawthon isn't stuck trying to bugfix some 3D model clipping through a wall when it shouldn't.

There seem to be a couple of clues already on the site- check the source HTML. Sevens and eights everywhere!

None of it is real; the protagonist is having a nightmare (the word is half-hidden at the bottom of the teaser image) brought on by some supernatural force (The Purple Guy?) where death in the dream means death in the waking world.

Godzillarich(aka tf2godz)

Get the point
Legacy
Aug 1, 2011
Cretaceous
Country
USA
The Rogue Wolf said:
There seem to be a couple of clues already on the site- check the source HTML. Sevens and eights everywhere!

None of it is real; the protagonist is having a nightmare (the word is half-hidden at the bottom of the teaser image) brought on by some supernatural force (The Purple Guy?) where death in the dream means death in the waking world.
so 5 nights at Freddy Krueger's

Bindal

May 14, 2012
So much for the third game is the last one. Yeah.
And I highly doubt the fourth is the final game. There will at least be a compelation-game which is all four games in one or one that is a re-creation from scratch but with full animations and 3D rendered office (and maybe FINALLY resolution options)

Evonisia

Your sinner, in secret
Jun 24, 2013
Oh I didn't notice the release date in the GD thread. OK, this could possibly work. Maybe he can add in more mechanics with the extra time on his hands. I doubt that this will be the last one, though, the cash cow is just so damn lucrative.

Hopefully the way you absorb the story will be more akin to Five Nights at Freddy's and less Five Nights at Freddy's 2 and 3, because I practically had CoD Zombies mode PTSD when people figured out the story to 3.

CaptainMarvelous

May 9, 2012
Y'know, it would feel more appropriate to have the fifth game be the last. Then we have five five nights at freddys.

Hairless Mammoth

Jan 23, 2013
I gotta hand it to Scott Cawthon. While the release schedule makes Activision blush with envy, he made3 well received games, alone, in less than 2 years, and has a movie deal whose cash should be able to be used in a wise investment on a new project or for an early retirement. *hears about FNAF 4* Aw, come on! He said 3 would be the last. He really likes messing with the fanbase, with not saying 2 is a prequel until well into playing the game, releasing 3 out of the blue and now this. $5 says the movie will have some catch to it as well.

Grahav

Mar 13, 2009
EvilRoy said:

At any rate, I'm not a huge fan of massive sequelising, but it seems more like he went down the path of some kind of undeclared episodic game system. Good on him that he has made this work.
Me too. It is sad when a creative mind get slaved by one franchise. I wish he would try things out of this comfort zone, specially because horror loses a lot of impact in sequels (you already know what are the basic elements).

Also, where the franchise can go after episode 3 which was a proper ending to the series? He has to do something new, an idea that would be better served in a new thing instead of being used in a safe old thing..

But there is the moneys. Fuck.

Bindal

May 14, 2012
Hairless Mammoth said:
*hears about FNAF 4* Aw, come on! He said 3 would be the last.
And Kojima said that 2, 3, 4 AND 5 would be the last Metal Gear Solid games... Only took him 'til the 5th to be finally true to his word.

ArcaneGamer

Dec 21, 2014
Silentpony said:
Well I know what I'll being doing Halloween Night(Hint: Probably having a beer and playing Amnesia. Also if I remember, check Homestar Runner for a Toon now that they're back)
Btw, There's a new toon up. It's a new Email. Also, on the mater of FNAF4, to quote MST3K:"END! END!"

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
I would like to think this 4th game will be the proper "birth" of the franchise that take place before 2. That way it could properly explained why Toy Freddy and co became possess eventhought the murdered childrens were bounded to the non toys version?

DarklordKyo

Nov 22, 2009
Grahav said:
Me too. It is sad when a creative mind get slaved by one franchise. I wish he would try things out of this comfort zone, specially because horror loses a lot of impact in sequels (you already know what are the basic elements).

Also, where the franchise can go after episode 3 which was a proper ending to the series? He has to do something new, an idea that would be better served in a new thing instead of being used in a safe old thing..

But there is the moneys. Fuck.
[*shrugs*] Another prequel maybe?