Five Nights at Freddy's Movie Reportedly in The Works

WhiteNachos

Jul 25, 2014
I'm excited. If they do their best to develop atmosphere it could be a good horror movie.

Just think about being trapped in a building with these animatronics slowly creeping up to you and trying to kill you.

One thing that would absolutely tank the movie is if they do the whole "these things can't be alive, can they, bit" and stretch over multiple nights.

No the best way to do it would be to ignore the warnings or even better, he doesn't think they're a threat but they become more and more dangerous.

Grumman

Sep 11, 2008
FirstNameLastName said:
I can't wait to be getting up in morning to the sound of my FNAF alarm clock...
Oh, you'll be getting up alright. I hope you have high ceilings.

Evonisia

Your sinner, in secret
Jun 24, 2013
Grumman said:
Steven Bogos said:
Five Nights at Freddy's came out of no-where (just like the jump-scares within the game itself)
The very first thing you say, and it is the exact opposite of the truth. What makes Five Nights at Freddy's work is that the jump-scares don't come out of nowhere. The game is all about keeping track of incoming jump scares and shutting them down before they can jump scare you.

Changing this is the worst thing about FNaF3, in my opinion.
Given the hallucinations and Golden Freddy, I don't feel like too much was changed in FNaF 3. Hell the only jump scare you literally cannot prevent is Foxy's (probably because he's a dick like that).

FirstNameLastName said:
Oh boy, it's Angry Birds 2.0. I can't wait to be getting up in morning to the sound of my FNAF alarm clock so I can eat my FNAF breakfast cereal, then clean my teeth with my FNAF toothpaste.
Pre-order the FNaF alarm clock and get the unedited version of the scream-death sound.

Grumman

Sep 11, 2008
Evonisia said:
Given the hallucinations and Golden Freddy, I don't feel like too much was changed in FNaF 3. Hell the only jump scare you literally cannot prevent is Foxy's (probably because he's a dick like that).
Really? It is possible to prevent the hallucination jump scares?

Evonisia

Your sinner, in secret
Jun 24, 2013
Grumman said:
Evonisia said:
Really? It is possible to prevent the hallucination jump scares?
Yep, but it's in the silly trial-and-error fashion of figuring out all the mechanics of FNaF. RNG is a factor in all of the phantoms, of course.

Phantom Freddy is avoidable by keeping a menu up whenever he's around.
Phantom Mangle only comes if he's there in Room 4 (change camera quickly)
Phantom Chica only comes if she's there in Room 7 (a white drawing will appear in the arcade machine, just change quickly)
Phantom Balloon Boy can be avoided if you change the camera quickly.
Phantom Marionette only comes if she's (he?) there in Room 8, and is probably the most awkward to avoid given the tiny time you're given to change the camera.

Phantom Foxy just shows up, much like the hallucination bollocks from the first game.

Extra-Ordinary

Elite Member
Mar 17, 2010
I guess I need to know more about where they're going with this because I legitimately have no feelings on this yet.
Reading through some of the posts, a prequel would be cool, filling in some of the gaps about the purple man and the children, but honestly, I feel like this will thrive greater as a straight-to-Netflix movie rather than a full theatrical release.
Probably still going to watch it either way, I'm just sayin' is all.

Leemaster777

Feb 25, 2010
FirstNameLastName said:
Oh boy, it's Angry Birds 2.0. I can't wait to be getting up in morning to the sound of my FNAF alarm clock so I can eat my FNAF breakfast cereal, then clean my teeth with my FNAF toothpaste.
You say that... but honestly, I really, really hope this leads to us getting some legit FNAF action figures. Something classy, like the Bioshock figures that NECA produced:

The movie could be good or bad for all I care (although, obviously, I would vastly prefer it to be good), and I believe it really has the potential to go either way in spectacular fashion.

But just gimmie the figures already. I wanna set them up on my computer table, go to sleep, then wake up in the middle of the night and question whether or not I turned their heads to face my bed or not.