Flirting for Fun and Profit

Froggy Slayer

Jul 13, 2012
Flirting is a verbal tango, and I have two left feet. Yep, I'm pretty bad at talking sexy; hell, I find it hard to talk to girls normally.

OmniscientOstrich

Jan 6, 2011
Have flirted online (only with guys), but when it comes to IRL; I honestly don't have a clue when/if other people are flirting with me most of the time and for the most part I don't make any conscious effort to do so either. Then again, I am a Socially Awkward Penguin so I'm probably not the best example. I guess flirting in and of itself is harmless enough.

Bara_no_Hime

Sep 15, 2010
MelasZepheos said:
I would love you for number 2 on that list. People who love the act of flirting as much as me make the best conversation partners. I once spent an entire night flirting with this one guy who was so into it he told me he even found himself considering it. (I'm biromantic, so yeah I was semi-interested, but this guy thought he was all the way straight.)
^^

Well, I'm full on bisexual, so I just flirt with everyone. And the thing is, I'm always at least semi-interested. I play-flirt with friends, but if any of those friends ever said "fuck it, let's have sex" I would be like "sure!"

Then again, I love having sex with friends - particularly friends who are already coupled, and both up for it. That way there's not even the subconscious expectation of a relationship afterwards - they're already in one, and so am I.

This, of course, goes for the full-on flirting I was talking about last post, not the accidental subconscious flirting with random men and women that happens in the line at Subway (and ends with extra black olives, or something). ... well, there was that waitress, that one time, who I kept hoping would give my spouse and I her number, but nothing ever came of it. Too bad - she was very sexy, and we'd have shown her the night of her life.

TehCookie

Elite Member
Sep 16, 2008
Nah I can't flirt. I say flirty things as a joke, but it's a joke so no one takes it seriously. If a guy tries to be serious and I'm not interested, I'm really good at saying something completely awkward that kills the mood. Actually I do that all the time, but at least if you're joking you can just laugh it off.

gh0ti

Apr 10, 2008
I flirt all the time with girlfriends of friends, and usually they flirt back. To me, it's just another form of banter. There doesn't have to even be a physical attraction, let alone the expectation of it getting physical.

But, if I was flirting with an attractive, unattached girl, then yeah, I would probably be aiming to get a little closer to her. If she responds in like fashion, great, if not, then you tone it down a bit and feel a bit foolish. Life goes on.

Palademon

Mar 20, 2010
I'm not really one for flirting. Mostly because I guess I suck at it, and I think I'd do it more as a sign of wanting to start something.

Sometimes I flirt with guy friends as a joke, and since I've got a colonoscopy coming up I've got a hell of a good line.
"Y'know soon I'll be having a colonoscopy. Don't worry, even though my ass will be getting conquered by another man, I'll be thinking of you the whole time."

EeveeElectro

Cats.
Aug 3, 2008
No, not when I'm interested in just the one person.
I see a lot of guys trying to flirt with me and it annoys the hell out of me. I don't know if it's because I'm not a ***** and will actually be friendly to guys who girls usually ignore or if they're just flirty people.
Makes me feel uncomfortable to be honest, even more so if I don't the person attractive or I see them purely as a friend.
For as long as I've been interested in lads, I've always got attention from guys I don't want it from and the ones I do want it from pretty much ignore me. Can't complain I suppose, at least some people find me attractive enough to flirt with me.

TL;DR: I'm a huge prude, unless I've had alcohol.

Dec 14, 2009
EeveeElectro said:
No, not when I'm interested in just the one person.
I see a lot of guys trying to flirt with me and it annoys the hell out of me. I don't know if it's because I'm not a ***** and will actually be friendly to guys who girls usually ignore or if they're just flirty people.
Makes me feel uncomfortable to be honest, even more so if I don't the person attractive or I see them purely as a friend.
For as long as I've been interested in lads, I've always got attention from guys I don't want it from and the ones I do want it from pretty much ignore me. Can't complain I suppose, at least some people find me attractive enough to flirt with me.

TL;DR: I'm a huge prude, unless I've had alcohol.

I've been with the same girl since I was 15.

My only experience with flirting is telling a girl she smells.

burningdragoon

Warrior without Weapons
Jul 27, 2009
No. Not on purpose anyway. I only intentionally flirt with people I'm actually interested in and even then I'm not especially good at it.

MetalMagpie

Jun 13, 2011
Flirting for fun? Yeah, I used to do that when I was single. I'm pretty certain most people realise that flirting doesn't always go anywhere.

2fish

Sep 10, 2008
Flirt for the hell of it. Use horrible lines that should not work. Pile the cheese on the lines.

Unless I really am after the date. Then I flirt and ask for the number/date/dark god?s blessing.

I know I am going to become that creepy old man who flirts with the college girls. I just can?t help it. I just flirt when I talk to female humans (well the ones that pass the 2fish test of flirtability).

excalipoor

Jan 16, 2011
I make awkward jokes that make people around me uncomfortable and/or annoyed. There's no motive in particular behind it. Does that count as flirting?

CMDDarkblade

Jun 14, 2010
Palademon said:
I'm not really one for flirting. Mostly because I guess I suck at it, and I think I'd do it more as a sign of wanting to start something.

Sometimes I flirt with guy friends as a joke, and since I've got a colonoscopy coming up I've got a hell of a good line.
"Y'know soon I'll be having a colonoscopy. Don't worry, even though my ass will be getting conquered by another man, I'll be thinking of you the whole time."
I know, isn't it the best? Sometimes straight guys almost expect you to make them feel slightly uncomfortable, and I don't want to disappoint them by not making overt, creepy advances. But to be fair I generally like to mess with everyone. Jokes should egalitarian and offend everyone equally.

ExclamationPoint

Jun 30, 2010
I'm one of those guys that if I flirt it's accidental because my personality is incredibly sarcastic. If a girl were to actually be interested in me and flirt back I wouldn't realize they were flirting until the following week when in a random thought my brain would go "aha!" and I would feel stupid for not realizing it at the time. My life is lonely because my brain is a week behind. Also I don't see how any girl would like my obsessive compulsive, socially awkward, and depressed self with severe social anxiety.

RustlessPotato

Aug 17, 2009
Well, I don't flirt per se, but I do talk to women often. I used to be shy, then I cut my hair short when I went to uni and thought :" alright you sexy beast, get going with that tushy ! " and I haven't been afraid to talk to them, because i'll probably never see them again. Legend has it women are also human (i know, rite !) and NOT a hive mind ! ( ---> :p <---- ).

There was this drunken night where my brother and I were still in a club at around 4 and we didn't want to go home, so we made a bet to use the corniest and worse pickup lines on women. The plan was not to be successful, just to be able to come up with the worse one.

dangoball

Jun 20, 2011
Bara_no_Hime said:
^^

Well, I'm full on bisexual, so I just flirt with everyone. And the thing is, I'm always at least semi-interested. I play-flirt with friends, but if any of those friends ever said "fuck it, let's have sex" I would be like "sure!"

Then again, I love having sex with friends - particularly friends who are already coupled, and both up for it. That way there's not even the subconscious expectation of a relationship afterwards - they're already in one, and so am I.
Can we be friends? :p

Eh, captcha? When your appetite? I was only joking! Not that I don't what to be friends with people, just in this context it's... Ah, fuck it! OT part of post incoming!

OT: Well, yeah, I flirt for fun. And only for fun. Ya see, for some reason I can only flirt with people I know I have no chance of getting it on. I just don't feel comfortable flirting with (or even complimenting) someone I'm interested in. And if I'm interested in a girl I'm also good friends with, we just get this out of the way and after simple "No, thank you" I no longer have any restrains about flirting with her, 'cause I know it won't lead anywhere. Does that make sense?

Snowbell

Apr 13, 2012
I don't flirt with guys, I wouldn't want to lead them on and upset them. So I flirt with my straight female friends instead - it's great fun but has made a lot of people question my sexuality :L