food you don't like, butothers do.

Syntax Man

Apr 8, 2008
Tomatoes and Peppers, I like things made with them. That being said...the actual fruits themselves, or chunks of them in the things made with them for that matter, can fuck right off.

RootBrewski

Aug 1, 2008
Literally, the only thing I've sworn to never eat again is liver. I hate that stuff with a passion.

bl4ckh4wk64

Walking Mass Effect Codex
Jun 11, 2010
johnnyLupine said:
I hate Marmite, I touched the stuff once years ago and have never dared try it again. The rest of my immediate family loves the stuff.

I think perhaps this advert is appropreate?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pm1qP_y9V9k

by the way, if anyone can tell me how to embed a video I would be very grateful.
Quote my post and see what I did, it's much easier than trying to explain it, but I'll try to explain anyways. Take the part after the = in the youtube address and put it after [youtube=
For example:
[MEDIA=youtube]pm1qP_y9V9k[/MEDIA]
then close it all off with a ]

Sandjube

Feb 11, 2011
Well that's easy; meat. Everyone likes it, I've never cared for it. I used to cry when I had to eat roasts and shit at my nan's house when I was young, because they taste that bad. Luckily, being old and all now, I don't have to eat shit I don't want to. Goooood, goooood.

TheTJackson

Aug 29, 2011
Cheese, and anything that contains cheese. I'm not lactose intolerant or anything i just extremely dislike the taste, texture and smell...... My friends think i'm super weird but aren't we all? :D

Humble Grapefruit

Jun 17, 2011
Any kind of "_____ salad". I can eat normal salad all day, but once it becomes potato salad, chicken salad, tuna salad, etc., it is not happening.

Shadowsetzer

Jul 15, 2010
Not food per se, but mint. I HATE mint; seriously, the smell makes me ill. I hate that almost everything to freshen your mouth comes primarily in mint. I don't know why, but there it is.

Dwarfman

Oct 11, 2009
Usually for me it's the other way around. I've eaten all soughts of crazy shit from snails to blood sausage. I have gone out of my way to develop and shape my palate and rise above the whole 'ewww this is gross' thing of one's childhood. There is however three things on God's Earth I cannot stand.

Kalamata Olives, Soy Milk and I'm gonna go to Aussie hell for this, Vegemite.

I now use Kalamatas as a seasoning. I'll chop it up nice and fine and all those pungent flavors when combined in a crust or a salsa add to a meal. The smell of Kalamata olives however still make me dry vomit.

Soy Milk. Honestly how can anyone drink this stuff. It tastes like someone found a bunch of cardboard boxes at a toxic waste site and said to themselves 'I could make a refreshing drink with that!' One of the girls at work gave me my flat white in the arvo spiked with soy milk. I was literally on my knees gagging like I was poisoned.

Vegemite. Well I was brought up on Promite which I think is perhaps a little sweeter in flavour. To me a spoon of Vegemite is like a spoon of bittery saltiness, laced with a pinch of more salt for ... I dunno flavour.

GTwander

Mar 26, 2008
I like all food, but the only thing I'm not really a fan of is cantaloupe.

Fuck you capcha! (cheese steak)

Dwarfman

Oct 11, 2009
likalaruku said:
A lot of people put fish, but almost no 2 fish taste alike & fish taste different depending on how their cooked.

I USED to hate salmon, HATE, but I discovered that cooking it for 6 minutes on each side in tinfoil with honey, soy sauce, garlic, a splash of wine, & slices or orange & lemon reduce the fishy flavor & do a f**king miracle for the flavor.

NOT surprised that so many people posted mayo.
Very nice salmon recipe my friend. My personal favourite for salmon has always been Skin left on and cooked in a pan so the skin is crispy then covered in a sauce of dill, finely chopped capers, lemon juice and butter.

As for the mayo thing. I think people are used to eating the prefab mayonaise that you buy in the store. The only brand of that I eat is Kupi which is a Japanese mayonaise I use that shit for work and at home. I never liked mayonaise either until I tried some that had been made from scratch by one of my chefs. Amazing.

Dwarfman

Oct 11, 2009
erttheking said:
Seafood for the most part (fish sticks are ok) and pretty much all forms of pasta. It's the sauce...I hate it.
Fish sticks hey...well okay each to their own. More importantly pasta? Okay so you don't like the sauce. Is that any sauce? If so then simply don't put sauce on your pasta. What you can try is getting the veges and meat you want to eat, cook them off nicely in a pan with all the right flavours, then when your pasta is cooked and drained, dump the pasta in with your 'food mix', add a good amount of olive oil, season well and stir it all together. I will say that this cooking solution does not work well with mince. However you can substitute mince with stir-fry strips instead.

McMullen

Mar 9, 2010
burningdragoon said:
Alright, let's get a little bit blasphemous in here. Ba-

Necromancer Jim said:
Bacon. Yeah, sue me.

Just plain ol' greasy meat if you ask me.
- yeah.
Bananas.

Don't get me wrong, I know they're high in potassium and highly versatile. A great snack food, wonderful for long road trips, fantastic in desserts. I really wish I liked them.

Unfortunately something about them does not agree with me. If I eat something that was so much as stored in the same fridge as bananas, I can taste it and be mildly disgusted. If I eat something that was actually in contact with bananas, I might gag. If something contains small amounts of pureed or blended banana, I gag hard and have to stop eating/drinking that thing. If I actually consume banana, I throw up. I've tried quite a few times to get over it, but even wanting to enjoy banana bread doesn't help me hold it down.

It's inconvenient; those things be ubiquitous y'all.

PrimitiveJudge

Aug 14, 2012
Horseradish, wasabi, spam, cooked fish and brussel sprouts. those 5 would make me starve to death during a zombie apacolypse

PrimitiveJudge

Aug 14, 2012
PrimitiveJudge said:
Horseradish, wasabi, spam, cooked fish and brussel sprouts. those 5 would make me starve to death during a zombie apacolypse

Oh and Balut.. I would rather have my brains eatin then touch balut...

Yopaz

Sarcastic overlord
Jun 3, 2009
I eat pretty much everything. Almost anything can taste great if done right. My grandmothers baccalao is probably the best thing I have ever tasted despite that I am usually not too keen on the taste of baccalao. I am sure there's something out there that I don't like, but so far I haven't had the chance to experience it.

BytByte

Nov 26, 2009
Not really a food, but I can never get wasabi down without it just tasting like smoke in my mouth. I can do pepper heat, but not wasabi.

Insanity72

Feb 14, 2011
Peanut butter,It just tastes awful on it's own, if something is cooked with it, fine, if it has lots of chocolate with it, it's good. But on it's own it makes me gag.

Also fish, I'll eat it, but would rather not.