Jun 15, 2011
Country
UK
SimpleThunda said:
Master of the Skies said:
SimpleThunda said:
Master of the Skies said:
SimpleThunda said:
An entire topic dedicated to people whining about what they don't like to eat while there's an army of kids in Africa starving to death.

Let that sink in for a second.
Yes, because by giving up our choice in what we have to eat that will totally help them. Sacrifice our choice and the gods will look down kindly upon those starving children. It's not as if being able to be a bit picky somehow makes those kids starve.

If you don't like a topic, could you try not to use poor starving kids like that? It's not like you're making any suggestion to help them so it's hardly on their behalf.
I'm not "using" poor starving kids for anything. I'm putting a mirror infront of you to help you see how you're whining about something that is a luxury. If you can't see the sense in that I suppose it goes to show just how spoiled people have become, if this thread isn't already a showcase for that.
And here we have you admitting to using them as a 'mirror'.

There is no sense in what you're doing because the pointless complaints aren't accomplishing anything. It in and of itself is a pointless complaint. Yes, people have a luxury. That does not mean they have to use the luxury as you direct, they have the luxury to choose what they want to eat. What are you trying to do, shame them into not choosing what they eat when it doesn't matter to the poor kids you're trying to use as some kind of point in your crusade?
Read my post.

Where exactly did I encourage people not to use the luxury they have been given?

You accuse me of complaining, whereas I haven't complained at all. The only people that are complaining are the people in this topic which are listing all the things that they do not want to eat.

I'm encouraging people to take a step back and look at what it is they're whining about and putting it in perspective.
I've given you an image, which you cannot deny is true, and faced with your own ignorance you get mad and accuse me of things.
quit while you're behind, all your doing is being annoying and preachy. believe me, the "starving africans" is a horse that's been beaten to a subatomic quark-matter. people want to complain, you BAWing about "BUT LE AFRIKANS ARE LE STAAVIN'" will change three things, maybe four.

1. nothing
2. nothing
3. nothing
4. also, nothing.

do you get the idea that throwing the forum equivelant of a temper tantrum because you disagree with the subject matter is discouraged, now?

Estelindis

Jan 25, 2008
Jerusalem artichokes. Our fruit and vegetable book described them as tasting like mildly spicy potatoes, so we grew a small crop of them one year. They were vile, soapier/waxier than the soapiest spuds I've ever tasted. We tried cooking them half a dozen different ways before we just gave up.

Crystalite

Apr 2, 2010
Soy milk. It is pure, liquid hatred.

Apart from that, I'll eat everything. Of course there are other things I would prefer not to eat, brussel sprouts come to mind, but I won't refuse anything given to me. Except soy milk. That abomination was just invented to torment people.

There are some things I have not tried yet, though, and would probably be tempted to try once, especially if they gross me out. Kind of like a challenge. Google "geoducks" if you want to know more.

DudeistBelieve

TellEmSteveDave.com
Sep 9, 2010
String beans, tomatoes...

I'm not a picky eater, but it's only very rare I get to eat string beans that have been doctored up properly that I can ignore the texture.

And I'm fine with Tomatoes in most dishes, but in a salad I can't stand them.

Also can't stand cooked spinach or cooked carrots, but I love eating spinach raw.

Peas....

Basically I hate sweet veggies or ones with an awkward texture. Why make a vegetable sweet? If I want sweet I'll eat ice cream or candy.

SexyGarfield

Mar 12, 2013
Most organ meats. There are a few exceptions like a nice pâté or sweetbreads if they are done right.

PonceyMcTosserFaic

Jul 30, 2011
schrodinger said:
I'm not that picky when it comes to food, unless it's bugs or Dates(fruit), but there's one particular item of food that I refuse to go near:

[HEADING=1]THIS UNHOLY ABOMINATION OF EVIL[/HEADING]

American "Cheese"

I rarely liked it when I was a kid, and pretty much despise it as an adult. There's just something to the taste of it that compares to some plastic-y byproduct. It's even worse when you heat it up, blah.

What kind of food/s you do not dare go near?
YES! Someone else knows the food that crawls out of the 9th circle of hell itself.

cheese is EVIL! EEEEEEEEEVVVVVVIIIIIILLLLL!!!

James Crook

Jul 15, 2011
Wow. By reading this thread I feel like I'm very far off from being considered a "picky" eater.
I just dislike avocados (unless it's guacamole), endives, steamed carrots and American "cheese" (but I guess that's normal for everybody)

Whateveralot

Oct 25, 2010
Refuse is a big word, but I haven't eaten it yet and I don't think I'll ever be tempted to:

Filet Americán. Why? Because it's raw meat and I hear people get food poisoning over this very often compared to other food. So I'd rather not..

stormeris

Aug 29, 2011
The Ditz said:
I avoid meat, reminds me too much of dead humans ._.
HEY!
Dead humans taste pretty good.
A bit salty though.
I also don't like cooked or boiled carrots. They just lose all their taste and texture. I only eat them raw
Also this seems to fit this thread so much:

JonnyHG

Nov 7, 2011
I will never touch salad dressing again for as long as I live. Stop contaminating my perfectly good salad!

blackrave

Mar 7, 2012
Pumpkins, anything pumpkin
Except seeds
But I'm pretty sure seeds and pumpkins themselves are from separate plant species and pumpkins simply are parasites

kortin

Mar 18, 2011
Queen Michael said:
kortin said:
Fish
Mushrooms

These two things are the worst things ever.
Add another five syllables and you've got yourself a nice haiku there!
these fish and mushrooms

these two things are the worst things

they are abysmal.

5-7-5
How's that?

Rariow

Nov 1, 2011
Anything that smells or tastes vaguely like ketchup. There's just something about that sauce that disgusts every fiber of my being. I occasionally have to politely not eat when there's copious amounts of ketchup nearby. I wouldn't enjoy the food anyway, and there's the real possibility the smell might make the food not appreciate being in my stomach and seek freedom the way it came. Seriously, it's happened before.

On a lesser note, I can't stand sweet meat. I'm not much of a food connoisseur, but it seems to be an American restaurant thing, usually ribs with this kind of honey-like covering. Tony Roma's jumps to mind particularly. I mean, I can eat it just fine, but, being Spanish, there's something that makes me feel like I'm doing something morally wrong when I eat this stuff. Like this piece of meat could be being put to better use. Like being eaten without the sweet stuff that just covers its flavor up. That would be a good one.

For a while, mushrooms was another thing, mostly because there was a particular year where our family ended up bringing an average of sixteen big ones in a day from the forest, and then we'd each have to eat like half a kilo of mushrooms a day, for about half a year. It is kind of fading away now that I'm cut off from that mushroom supply by both a sea and France, and I find myself willing to forgive the mushrooms now.

Queen Michael

has read 4,010 manga books
Jun 9, 2009
kortin said:
Queen Michael said:
kortin said:
Fish
Mushrooms

These two things are the worst things ever.
Add another five syllables and you've got yourself a nice haiku there!
these fish and mushrooms

these two things are the worst things

they are abysmal.

5-7-5
How's that?
Pretty nice, I'd say. Pretty darn nice.