Foods you hate/don't enjoy

AnthrSolidSnake

Jun 2, 2011
Most of us have that small selection of foods or meals that we absolutely refuse to eat, or at the very least really don't enjoy having to eat. I'm curious, what are the foods or meals you refuse to eat? Either make a list, or pick something from every major food group.

Myself, I'm not a fan of red meats, or anything with cow like steak. The only exception I make is a burger since it's so customizable, which leads me to my other problem: I don't like eating things that don't have a nice aesthetic about them, like color or a very pleasant smell. Particularly foods that are brown or in soups, like Pot Roast. I also despise Hamburger Helper, since for a period of my life, that's all my dad would cook when my parents split up.

To speed this up, I hate:
Sweet potatoes
Almost all spicy foods
Hot dogs (though I will eat them when I'm REALLY hungry or they have cheese surrounding it)
Jelly Beans
Most things that come in cans, usually things like Chef Boyardee or canned soups

Eclipse Dragon

Lusty Argonian Maid
Legacy
Jan 23, 2009
Country
United States
I don't really like stew.
I like soup just fine, but not stew.
It seems to me like just meat and potatoes swimming in gravy... delicious.

But I'm also picky about how my steak is cooked, as in I prefer it almost not cooked at all.

AnthrSolidSnake

Jun 2, 2011
Eclipse Dragon said:
I don't really like stew.
I like soup just fine, but not stew.
It seems to me like just meat and potatoes swimming in gravy... delicious.

But I'm also picky about how my steak is cooked, as in I prefer it almost not cooked at all.
You just reminded me that I really, really hate gravy as well.

Captcha: Soup....yes, I hate soup.

Bertylicious

Apr 10, 2012
Strangely enough, considering how much I love gorging on the flesh of mammals, I don't like lamb. Whenever I've had any it tastes bland with a curiously metalic aftertaste.

Maybe I've only ever had badly cooked lamb?

Jzcaesar

Mar 29, 2011
Bertylicious said:
Strangely enough, considering how much I love gorging on the flesh of mammals, I don't like lamb. Whenever I've had any it tastes bland with a curiously metalic aftertaste.

Maybe I've only ever had badly cooked lamb?
They taste really gamey to me sometimes (even in relatively high end restaurants), and I don't really enjoy that flavor.

I personally have a hard time eating most crustaceans and other seafood like squid, octopus more because they seem icky to me. When you deep fry them in batter, than I can eat it cuz it tastes more like batter, haha.

Psykoma

Nov 29, 2010
I hate spicy food
Can't bring myself to swallow fish at all (though I like most shellfish (and LOVE lobster and shrimp))
Won't eat hot dogs unless they're mixed in with kraft dinner
I don't like stew though if I'm at someones house and they make it I'll still eat it
Won't eat veal
Won't eat anything if there's still bones in it
Squid and octopus are flat out.

There's likely a lot more.

Scrustle

Apr 30, 2011
A lot of stuff. With a few exceptions, I find it incredibly hard to stomach anything other than the most bland stuff. Things like tuna and coleslaw are the worst. I've never actually eaten them, because I can't even stay long in the same room as them without feeling like I literally need to throw up. I start uncontrollably retching. The smell is that bad.

Eleuthera

Let slip the Guinea Pigs of war!
Sep 11, 2008
Mushrooms of any kind, and invertebrates. Neither should be consumed if it can in any way be helped.

I'm also not a big fan of most alcoholic beverages (or anything that tastes like it has alcohol in it).

Chemical Alia

Feb 1, 2011
I don't like anything with ginger, horseradish, or cilantro. I can't even be around people eating certain sushi, especially if it has those nasty little fish eggs that look like dots covering it, that actually makes me feel ill.

I also don't like fruit mixed in with non-fruit things, like meats or salad. Also, not a fan of deep fried foods, and they usually upset my stomach. Seafood is kind of hit or miss with me. Not really into hamburgers or sandwiches either, though I love old fashioned hoagies like they make in the delis back in Pennsylvania.

lRookiel

Lord of Infinite Grins
Jun 30, 2011
Any meat because I'm a veggie :3

Erm..... I don't like apricots, they are yucky.

Also anything mushy like mushy peas, mash potato (I do like potatoes just not mash) :3

TheSaw

A flayed man holds no secrets.
Apr 22, 2011
Lasagna, the first time I ate that, I puked it up during the night.
I refused to eat it for years, then I tried it again, and nearly puked again. I can't even describe it, it's just bad.

I also refuse to eat curry, I tried one, hated it, never again. The look of them also makes me want to stay away.

madwarper

Mar 17, 2011
Most vegetables because I didn't climb to the top of the food chain just to eat carrots.

You know what's the biggest disappointment? Taking a bite out of what you had assumed was a jalapeno popper, only to find out it's broccoli.
Or, cutting into what you thought was chicken/veal parmasen, only to find out it's eggplant.

Vegosiux

May 18, 2011
Well, let's just say that I seem to be why those things are called artichokes. I also do not like anything that's too bland. Go spicy or go home! I'm not that picky, really.

Captcha: maple syrup. I'm undecided on that one.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
I don't enjoyed (I would still eat it much to my dismay)-
Tomanto as in the vegatable itself (I'm competely fine as sauce)
Celery stick
Bitter melon
Baked bean (however I love it when it is on toast)
Raw onion (I'm fine with onion, just not raw)

I hate (don't eat at all)
Mushy pea
Chicken foot
Olive (as topping on a pizza)

McMarbles

May 7, 2009
Beets. I can't stand beets. They're a color that shouldn't exist in nature.

I can't think of any kind of boiled meat I like.

I like most fruit... blueberries are the main exception. Just something about them.

antidonkey

Dec 10, 2009
There are three things I can't stand/refuse to eat. All three are vegetables. They are celery, brussel sprouts, and asparagus. I cannot stand those things. If they are in other food, they are all I can taste. Bllleeeccchh! I'm not a big fan of fish or anything with a strong fish odor but I'm usually willing to try it. So far it's lead to more disappointments than deliciousness but I try to keep an open mind and palate.

Summerstorm

Elite Member
Sep 19, 2008
Raisins - Tasts WEIRD (I do like to eat grapes, so... maybe I AM WEIRD?)
Pineapples - They have a disgusting sweetnes. (I love sweet things... just not THIS particular kind of sweet)

No animal which is still alive.
No Animal organs: heart, stomach, lung, kidneys.. whatever. I do eat fat, meat and sometimes skin.
No animals which are too small to be properly "seperated" (See above): Shrimps, Clams, Snails whatever.

Though i am working on it at the moment. I began eating Paella and forcing me to eat the tiny crap in that. Tastes ok, but i can't stop thinking i am eating the shrimps' brain and innards.

So i guess i am pretty picky, though i know of people with WAY weirder limitations. Friend of mine doesn't eat the yolk... only the white of an egg - no matter the form.

Overall i tend to experiment a lot though. Taste new things as much as you can, while you are young, my friends *g*.

Mr Fixit

Oct 22, 2008
I absolutely refuse to eat radishes & turnips, not sure why just can't stand them. I also won't eat any shrimp, crab or lobster because they are too much like insects.

knight steel

Jul 6, 2009
Anything Green.........ANYTHING GREEN,seriously eck, also vegetables in general although I more lenient on them [just as long as they are not green].