Foods you wish you could get in your country.

liveslowdiefast

Jan 17, 2010
Having just got back from my holiday to New Zealand I have suddenly found my self with a craving for a soft drink known as "Lemon & Paeroa" but more commonly abriviated as "L&P" but unfortunatly you can only get it in New Zealand, do any escapees have any foods they wish they could get in their respective countrys.

Steppin Razor

Dec 15, 2009
Judas Iscariot said:
And for Dr Pepper to not cost $3 a can.
$3 for a can of Dr Pepper? You in Australia?

Aylaine said:
3 Dollars a CAN? What form of hell do you live in? D:

All joking aside, that's super expensive. x.x;
Dr Pepper isn't released over here anymore. The only way to get it is in the few shops that import it themselves, so the price is jacked up.

On Topic: I had something in mind, but I forgot with all this talk of Dr Pepper being so bloody expensive and now just want cheaper Dr Pepper available over here.

ButterFunky

May 12, 2010
In the Phil., I believe that Dr. Pepper is around like 500 PHP.
Basically it's 10 USD a can.
I believe it was because Dr. Pepper is like, rare here.

OT: The brand Magnum that I happened to taste in Israel. Magnum is a brand of ice cream.

Edit: China was where I ate scorpions, not Magnum. Sorry.
Smiling Emoticon

Samwise137

J. Jonah Jameson
Aug 3, 2010
Kebabs. Dunno about the rest of the US but in New Hampshire, you can't get one like I had in France and part of me wants to go back just so I can have another.

Aerodyamic

Aug 14, 2009
Can I wish to export something? Because I desperately wish I could explain poutine to my American friends; apparently, cheesy-fries with gravy is akin to blasphemy to most of them, but chili-cheese-fries is just another Tuesday at Taco Bell.

GRAVY GOES ON MORE THAN BISCUITS, MOTHERFUCKERS!

*pant*
*pant*

Okay. I feel better now. Although biscuits and gravy would fucking rock right now. Mmmmm... I can hear my arteries hardening already.

Betancore

Apr 23, 2010
Irn Bru. And I also object to the price of Dr. Pepper in Australia. And Reese's Peanut Butter Cups. I know you had to import them, but why bother if you're going to charge me that much? Of course that doesn't stop me from indulging in them once in a while. As in, monthly.

Kiefer13

Wizzard
Jul 31, 2008
LordCuthberton said:
Any American food you hear so much about, like "Twinkies" and "Mountain Dew".
This. Just to see what all the fuss is about. Though, I was significantly underwhelmed when I eventually got to taste an Oreo.

Varrdy

Feb 25, 2010
About half of Waffle House's menu. God I loved those places and I wish we had them here. We've got KFC, Subways, Maccy D's and Burger King so why no bloody Waffle Houses?

Wardy

Brandon237

Mar 10, 2010
ButterFunky said:
In the Phil., I believe that Dr. Pepper is around like 500 PHP.
Basically it's 10 USD a can.
I believe it was because Dr. Pepper is like, rare here.

OT: The brand Magnum that I happened to taste in Israel. Magnum is a brand of ice cream.

Edit: China was where I ate scorpions, not Magnum. Sorry.
Smiling Emoticon
You don't have Magnums??? I feel sorry for you, those thing are awesome...

I'm happy with our food here, so many cultures that everything is always bought and sold buy SOMEONE.

Ben Finestone

Jul 28, 2010
I wish I had Mövenpick ice cream here in the US. You can practically get it anywhere in the world but North America, also Swiss Rivella soft drink.

clipse15

May 18, 2009
I was in the states briefly and was shocked that in a place with so many different kinds of choocolate you guys don't have Areo. You guys are pretty nuts.