Foods you wish you could get in your country.

Aeriath

Sep 10, 2009
OceanRunner said:
Pocky from Japan. I read about in a magazine and was amazed by the variety.
Have a look in Sainsbury's for Mikado. It's Pocky, but they changed the name in Europe for some reason. There isn't as much variety (if any) but you can still get milk chocolate Pocky.

Jack and Calumon said:
Calumon: As for Mars bars, well they're cool, especially when you deep fry them.

In England, we deep fry EVERYTHING!
As much as it disgusts me to say this, I think Scotland has you beat in that department. Ever seen a deep-fried "pizza"? How about a battered, deep fried "pizza". If it does turn out that the deep-fried Mars Bar is an English invention, then I apologise but still urge you to look at Scotlands appalling health record. Eurgh.

And so as to actually contribute to the topic of this thread, I wish I could get some Grape or Melon Fanta from Japan. Man that stuff was nice. Some BN's from France wouldn't go amiss either.

ButterFunky

May 12, 2010
Fetzenfisch said:
In Selecta (Philippines)
I'm aware of it but to be honest, the quality there is god awful. The purple yam-flavoured ones taste like yellow piss. I'd rather go to your country and buy one of your worst rather than going back there to eat ice cream that costs about a cent. BTW, what's smaller than a cent?

Sonicron

Do the buttwalk!
Mar 11, 2009
Well, I'd love to try kangaroo some time, but I haven't found a way to procure it from where I live (Germany).

Also, as much as I disliked all our family vacations to France, nobody makes eclaires like the French. Come to think of it, that goes for a lot of deeeeeeeelicious pastries.

Spacewolf

May 21, 2008
Aerodyamic said:
Spacewolf said:
Aerodyamic said:
Can I wish to export something? Because I desperately wish I could explain poutine to my American friends; apparently, cheesy-fries with gravy is akin to blasphemy to most of them, but chili-cheese-fries is just another Tuesday at Taco Bell.

GRAVY GOES ON MORE THAN BISCUITS, MOTHERFUCKERS!

*pant*
*pant*

Okay. I feel better now. Although biscuits and gravy would fucking rock right now. Mmmmm... I can hear my arteries hardening already.
Gravy on biscuits sounds pretty rank wouldnt the biscuits just go all soggy or it this a different type of biscuit?
I've never noticed that the biscuits get soggy, but I've always had sourdough biscuits with my gravy.
yea i think USA biscuits and possibly canadian biscuits are like british scones or similar and our biscuits are like your cookies not sure what our cookies are equivalent to though

Fetzenfisch

Sep 11, 2009
ButterFunky said:
Fetzenfisch said:
In Selecta (Philippines)
I'm aware of it but to be honest, the quality there is god awful. The purple yam-flavoured ones taste like yellow piss. I'd rather go to your country and buy one of your worst rather than going back there to eat ice cream that costs about a cent. BTW, what's smaller than a cent?
ok then.
what is smaller than a cent? a lot of things, molecules, ants, but no coin that is in use if you mean that.

Queen Michael

has read 4,010 manga books
Jun 9, 2009
Twinkies. We don't have them here in Sweden. I would also like all the varieties of Ben & Jerry's and Oreos that we don't have here.

Aerodyamic

Aug 14, 2009
Spacewolf said:
Aerodyamic said:
Spacewolf said:
Aerodyamic said:
Can I wish to export something? Because I desperately wish I could explain poutine to my American friends; apparently, cheesy-fries with gravy is akin to blasphemy to most of them, but chili-cheese-fries is just another Tuesday at Taco Bell.

GRAVY GOES ON MORE THAN BISCUITS, MOTHERFUCKERS!

*pant*
*pant*

Okay. I feel better now. Although biscuits and gravy would fucking rock right now. Mmmmm... I can hear my arteries hardening already.
Gravy on biscuits sounds pretty rank wouldnt the biscuits just go all soggy or it this a different type of biscuit?
I've never noticed that the biscuits get soggy, but I've always had sourdough biscuits with my gravy.
yea i think USA biscuits and possibly canadian biscuits are like british scones or similar and our biscuits are like your cookies not sure what our cookies are equivalent to though
Yeah, I think this is the same issue that I had the first time I heard potato chips referred to as 'crisps'; that is, in fact, what everywhere EXCEPT North America calls them.

At any rate, the biscuits I'm referring are not cookies, but little round bits of fried dough, usually sour-milk or sourdough.

RhombusHatesYou

Surreal Estate Agent
Mar 21, 2010
Between There and There.
Country
The Wide, Brown One.
Aerodyamic said:
Yeah, I think this is the same issue that I had the first time I heard potato chips referred to as 'crisps'; that is, in fact, what everywhere EXCEPT North America calls them.
In Australia and New Zealand they're called chips... which adds to the confusion as we also use the name for what north americans would call 'fries' but often with the designation 'hot' if there's any doubt in the matter.

nuqneh1

Aug 15, 2010
Pastys. I had them when me and my family went to England last year and we couldn't find any when we got back to the US. My Mom is trying to figure out how to import Bulmers pear cider though

Aerodyamic

Aug 14, 2009
RhombusHatesYou said:
Aerodyamic said:
In Australia and New Zealand they're called chips... which adds to the confusion as we also use the name for what north americans would call 'fries' but often with the designation 'hot' if there's any doubt in the matter.
ARRRRRGH!

So.Many. Names. For. Tasty. Potato-based snacks.

Pass this dip some dip, would you?

RhombusHatesYou

Surreal Estate Agent
Mar 21, 2010
Between There and There.
Country
The Wide, Brown One.
Aerodyamic said:
RhombusHatesYou said:
Aerodyamic said:
ARRRRRGH!

So.Many. Names. For. Tasty. Potato-based snacks.

Pass this dip some dip, would you?
*shrugs*

Okay... not sure what you want with a combination insecticide/fungicide for sheep, but I think I might have a barrel sitting in the shed.

liveslowdiefast

Jan 17, 2010
AWC Viper said:
liveslowdiefast said:
Having just got back from my holiday to New Zealand I have suddenly found my self with a craving for a soft drink known as "Lemon & Paeroa" but more commonly abriviated as "L&P" but unfortunatly you can only get it in New Zealand, do any escapees have any foods they wish they could get in their respective countrys.
It's Also available in Australia.

OT: Mountain Dew: Code Red.

Found it at my local corner shop, taste better then cherry coke, going to look for the 'voltage' one tomorrow.
unfortunatly, i still live 23 hours away from Australia.