Football Fans

JourneyThroughHell

Sep 21, 2009
D_987 said:
Giest4life said:
Ecstasy, today. As Stevie G. led us to another wonderful victory.
He did? I mean I saw the game, but I thought it was a woeful display of football with neither team having many chances, and a goal that was pure luck...
Well, he did make that one awesome assist, but, if anything, the man of the match is clearly Meireles.

Who's awesome.

Still, yeah, not that interesting of a match.

Now, Newcastle - Arsenal.

loc978

Sep 18, 2010
Yes. The Timbers, from an area called Sunderland (not the original, of course). My roommate is a huge fan, I go to games on occasion, and I own a few t-shirts and scarves.

D_987

Jun 15, 2008
JourneyThroughHell said:
I quite like Arsenal [I'd say they're my "second" team, after Forest] so I was very disappointed in that match. If anything it really shows how poor the level of referring in the Premiership is, and how strongly a referee can influence a game. Barton's tackle could clearly have damaged Diaby, who, having already suffered a number of injuries throughout his career, reacting angrily. He was rightly sent off, however Barton [who should be banned from Football anyway] should have gone too, the fact the referee didn't even give a free kick for the tackle was outrageous.

Even if he didn't, the fact Nolan wrestled the Arsenal goalkeeper to the ground to get the ball back [which he has no right to] doing something identical to Diaby, and yet not getting punished for it just shows the level of inconsistency. The two penalties weren't penalties, the first the player goes down far to softly, it was clearly a dive, the second was a joke - to the point the Arsenal defender didn't even realize a penalty had been given.

Fantastic equalizing volley [from a free-kick that shouldn't have been given, taken by a player that shouldn't have been on the pitch] but that match was nothing short of a joke when scrutinized.

darth.pixie

Jan 20, 2011
SckizoBoy said:
darth.pixie said:
StealthyNinja said:
Yes, I'm a football fan. I support Chelsea, the in-form team at the moment. I'd hate to be a Liverpool fan though, especially after the absolute thrashing we gave them today :(
Damn. Chelsea took one of my favorite players. Ballack. Not sure how he plays now considering I've barely had the time to watch football lately.

I'm a Bayern fan.
Where have you been? He was bought by Bayer Leverkusen at the end of last season o_0'
...Are you serious? Damn, where have I been?

I need to start watching TV instead of going around the Internet. Well then good for him/them.

..Now to start catching up.

D_987

Jun 15, 2008
Wolfy2449 said:
I completely dislike both, they are completely stupid.
And watchers are even more pathetic and stupid like most of the world anyway, many times they refer to their teams as "we" instead of "I", believing they actually did something other than make some guy richer by paying them is stupid.Seriously, they are so pathetic, using the word we like they were the ones that won...(no u didnt won u idiot, u still suck hard in real life)

Even from a competitive sports aspect i doubt it will work since u must have an interest and yourself play football plus you should not be a total idiot who just thinks he knows about football plus most games are influenced by money thus i dont see any real competition
If you're going to troll you could at least put some form of effort into it. Claiming supporters are "more pathetic and stupid like most of the world anyway" whilst failing to follow the basic rules of language, and failing to produce a clear logical argument is pretty laughable.

JourneyThroughHell

Sep 21, 2009
D_987 said:
JourneyThroughHell said:
I quite like Arsenal [I'd say they're my "second" team, after Forest] so I was very disappointed in that match. If anything it really shows how poor the level of referring in the Premiership is, and how strongly a referee can influence a game.Barton's tackle could clearly have damaged Diaby, who, having already suffered a number of injuries throughout his career, reacting angrily. He was rightly sent off, however Barton [who should be banned from Football anyway] should have gone too, the fact the referee didn't even give a free kick for the tackle was outrageous.

Even if he didn't, the fact Nolan wrestled the Arsenal goalkeeper to the ground to get the ball back [which he has to right to] doing something identical to Diaby, and yet not getting punished for it just shows the level of inconsistency. The two personalities weren't penalties, the first the player goes down far to softly, it was clearly a dive, the second was a joke - to the point the Arsenal defender didn't even realize a penalty had been given.

Fantastic equalizing volley [from a free-kick that shouldn't have been given, taken by a player that shouldn't have been on the pitch] but that match was nothing short of a joke when scrutinized.
Well, yeah, Dowd's decisions were somewhat controversial, but I wouldn't call the refereeing horrible.

The first penalty was deserved in my eyes, Barton still got to the ball first, even though the tackle was inexcusable, Diaby got what he had coming for him, the second penalty was suspect, I admit...

But, really. Arsenal drew a game they didn't have any right to draw. Even with all of the weird Dowd-ing, the fact that they just collapsed in the last moments of the match was inexcusable.

GeoPB

Jun 10, 2009
As am I. It's defiantly make or break time for Forest in the next few games, though if they're ever finally going to clinch promotion it's this year. After last year and the Sheffield United play-off semi-finals I doubt I could bare us loosing in the semi's again and not make it to the Premiership...hell, even in League one we lost to Yeovil in the play-offs...
Yeah, last year we were no where near ready. But this year the team seem so strong and BD has clearly been working them so hard. We were beaten narrowly by West Ham with some flukey goals and a dodgey peno, and the only way we can get higher quality players is by being in the prem. I have a lot of faith in Forest.

D_987

Jun 15, 2008
JourneyThroughHell said:
But, really. Arsenal drew a game they didn't have any right to draw. Even with all of the weird Dowd-ing, the fact that they just collapsed in the last moments of the match was inexcusable.
Oh defiantly, they lost their heads completely, which I'm sure the Arsenal faithful might have accepted, grudgingly a few years back, but this team has apparently "matured" now - if that's their reaction to conceding a few goals I'm going to watch the Barcelona match with baited breath.

C95J

I plan to live forever.
Apr 10, 2010
P.Tsunami said:
C95J said:
I support my home team, Morecambe!

Alright 1-1 draw on Saturday against Cheltenham, although we could have done with the win...
That's funny, I usually play Morecambe whenever a manager game prompts me to pick a lower-division club. Don't quite know why that started (bet it was probably a combination of random chance and kind of cool kits), but I've done that for years now.

Personally, I support Liverpool. Yes, I'm pretty happy today.
hehe, the best choice in my opinion!

I am playing Morecambe right now on Fifa 11 career mode :)

D_987

Jun 15, 2008
GeoPB said:
Yeah, last year we were no where near ready. But this year the team seem so strong and BD has clearly been working them so hard. We were beaten narrowly by West Ham with some flukey goals and a dodgey peno, and the only way we can get higher quality players is by being in the prem. I have a lot of faith in Forest.
Agreed, just the fact players like Ramsey and Konchesky have chosen to spend some time at The City Ground displays how the club is seen by other teams in the higher divisions; I'm still slightly worried about the injuries picked up however,The Moose, Finlay [and apparently Tyson though he played against Watford] are all out, right at a crucial moment - McKenna played well against Watford apparently, though I can't see him keeping up the pace for a run of five or more matches.

JourneyThroughHell

Sep 21, 2009
D_987 said:
JourneyThroughHell said:
Oh defiantly, they lost their heads completely, which I'm sure the Arsenal faithful might have accepted, grudgingly a few years back, but this team has apparently "matured" now - if that's their reaction to conceding a few goals I'm going to watch the Barcelona match with baited breath.
Arsenal and Barcelona are going to battle?

Awesome.

Super awesome.

I never really liked either team, but such pairings are fantastic.

Although Arsenal never really got off the ground this Champions League - I mean, Shakhtar is kind of awesome, but it's a team Arsenal should be able to deal with.

D_987

Jun 15, 2008
JourneyThroughHell said:

Awesome.

Super awesome.

Yes, they're playing each other on the 16th of February in the Champions League, over two legs.

GeoPB

Jun 10, 2009
Agreed, just the fact players like Ramsey and Konchesky have chosen to spend some time at The City Ground displays how the club is seen by other teams in the higher divisions; I'm still slightly worried about the injuries picked up however,The Moose, Finlay [and apparently Tyson though he played against Watford] are all out, right at a crucial moment - McKenna played well against Watford apparently, though I can't see him keeping up the pace for a run of five or more matches.
I was gutted about Guy's injury, he's been quality recently and we don't really have a decent replacement. That's one of the downsides of our team, it's just not big enough, and I'm pretty sure we have money to spend and one of the best youth academys in the U.K. I personally can't wait for Finlay to be fit and see him play, a new player is always awesome. :D

JourneyThroughHell

Sep 21, 2009
D_987 said:
JourneyThroughHell said:

Awesome.

Super awesome.

Yes, they're playing each other on the 16th of February in the Champions League, over two legs.
Well, I knew that one.

The League used to be really, really good.

Back in Leeds/Real Madrid/Bayern days, mostly.

D_987

Jun 15, 2008
JourneyThroughHell said:
Well, I knew that one.

Everything seemed better back then, I guess because money is so much more influential nowadays, I recall when a massive uproar occurred over Zidane's 48 million move to Real Madrid. Now nobody seems to care about the price of players, and some of the obscene amounts of money thrown around is incredible.

JourneyThroughHell

Sep 21, 2009
D_987 said:
JourneyThroughHell said:
Well, I knew that one.

Everything seemed better back then, I guess because money is so much more influential nowadays, I recall when a massive uproar occurred over Zidane's 48 million move to Real Madrid. Now nobody seems to care about the price of players, and some of the obscene amounts of money thrown around is incredible.
Probably nostalgia speaking.

I mean, I was such a Real Madrid fan back then. Not anymore, not really.

The biggest problem with football now isn't even the domination of rich clubs, it's refereeing.

A problem that can be fixed with a snap of the fingers.

D_987

Jun 15, 2008
GeoPB said:
I was gutted about Guy's injury, he's been quality recently and we don't really have a decent replacement. That's one of the downsides of our team, it's just not big enough, and I'm pretty sure we have money to spend and one of the best youth academys in the U.K. I personally can't wait for Finlay to be fit and see him play, a new player is always awesome. :D
It just shows his quality that he was able to cross the ball whilst injured - that's a true player. I'm not I would right off McKenna just yet, I'm sure he's a more than adequate replacement for at least a few matches, he plays the same kind of role as Guy so it's not like the team suddenly needs to change its play-style.

I've seen a few videos of Finaly [apparently the fastest player at the last world cup] and he seems adequate enough, though much like Tyson apparently he's not a natural goal-scorer, which is worrying - then again Finlay is effectively Tyson's replacement - as great a player as Tyson is [and he clearly loves the club]; he's past his prime, and he'll begin to loose his pace if he hasn't already. Having said that his performances against Derby this season alone were outstanding.

D_987

Jun 15, 2008
JourneyThroughHell said:
Probably nostalgia speaking.

I mean, I was such a Real Madrid fan back then. Not anymore, not really.

The biggest problem with football now isn't even the domination of rich clubs, it's refereeing.

A problem that can be fixed with a snap of the fingers.
That's defiantly an issue, though I don't beleive referee's are the issue so much as fans and broadcasting - referee's are scrutinized now more than ever, and players practice in order to con them - it's something the great Brain Clough made perfectly clear in an interview with John Motson; just how much of this is still true, probably more so today?

MrJKapowey

Oct 31, 2010
I'm forever blowing bubbles,
Pretty bubbles in the air,
They fly so high, nearly reach the sky,
Then like my dreams they fade and die.
Fortune's always hiding,
I've looked everywhere,
I'm forever blowing bubbles,
Pretty bubbles in the air.

East, East, East London!

Yeah, I support the Hammers.