Football Fans

JourneyThroughHell

Sep 21, 2009
D_987 said:
JourneyThroughHell said:
Probably nostalgia speaking.

I mean, I was such a Real Madrid fan back then. Not anymore, not really.

The biggest problem with football now isn't even the domination of rich clubs, it's refereeing.

A problem that can be fixed with a snap of the fingers.
That's defiantly an issue, though I don't beleive referee's are the issue so much as fans and broadcasting - referee's are scrutinized now more than ever, and players practice in order to con them - it's something the great Brain Clough made perfectly clear in an interview with John Motson; just how much of this is still true, probably more so today?

I don't fault the referees. But I can't fault the fans and the broadcasting either.

When Roberto Rosetti looks at the replay that's shown on the stadium and sees the goal was offside, but can't disallow it even though that would be the one correct decision - that's when you know FIFA fucked up.

KuwaSanjuro

Dec 22, 2010
Chelsea supporter, and anyone calling Glory Boy know my family was born in the Chelsea part of London so that's why I support them, not been paying attention at all this season but I know about the Fernando Alonso transfer and the recent Liverpool win over Chelsea, dammit, definitely worth 50 million.

Phoenix09215

Dec 24, 2008
StealthyNinja said:
Yes, I'm a football fan. I support Chelsea, the in-form team at the moment. I'd hate to be a Liverpool fan though, especially after the absolute thrashing we gave them today :(
I know right? Its a good job all our players are playing so well!!! >.< But seriously... I will Ancelotti would man up and drop some of the bigger names!!

OT: I love football. I both watch and play it as much as I can. Its entertaining to watch (most of the time) and a great way to exercise!

D_987

Jun 15, 2008
KuwaSanjuro said:
but I know about the Fernando Alonso transfer and the recent Liverpool win over Chelsea, dammit, definitely worth 50 million.
You were half right =P

KuwaSanjuro

Dec 22, 2010
D_987 said:
KuwaSanjuro said:
but I know about the Fernando Alonso transfer and the recent Liverpool win over Chelsea, dammit, definitely worth 50 million.
You were half right =P
Yeah sorry mixed up the name Fernando Torres, that's really weird because I haven't heard anything about Fernando Alonso in years, guess he must be a rubbish driver now. And he's definitely not worth 50 million. Well neither is Torres. Cheers for the correction.

monkey_man

Jul 5, 2009
Nah, I can watch it, but I don't care. I'd rather do something constructive, like boosting my ego online beating other people, or even bots.
The destruction and chaos on the soccerfield is nice too, however

The Diabolical Biz

Jun 25, 2009
D_987 said:
...I'd say they're my "second" team, after Forest...
DO HO HO, Obinna you legend.

HUZZAH, I CAN GLOAT ABOUT A VICTORY FOR ONCE :D (no hard feelings, right??)

Also, to any fellow Hammers out there:

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/groups/view/West-Ham-Fans-of-the-Escapist

wooty

Vi Britannia
Aug 1, 2009
The Artificially Prolonged said:
Yes, very happy Liverpool fan after beating Chel$ea today

StealthyNinja said:
Yes, I'm a football fan. I support Chelsea, the in-form team at the moment. I'd hate to be a Liverpool fan though, especially after the absolute thrashing we gave them today :(
Hope you kept the reciept for Torres :)
Sorry, Torres is non-refundable. Besides, he'll love it on the bench at Stamford Bridge.

As you can all tell, Liverpool fan here :D
Up, up, up the table we go (hopefully)

The Harkinator

Did something happen?
Jun 2, 2010
I support Manchester United but each season I also pick an 'underdog' team that just got promoted to the premier league. This season I chose Blackpool and they havebeen so entertaining.

Still, RED DEVILS ARE THE BEST

D_987

Jun 15, 2008
The Diabolical Biz said:

Gloat all you want, we'll see who has the last laugh when Forest take West Ham's spot in the Premiership. =P

Xyliss

Mar 21, 2010
SplashyAxis said:
Yep, Arsenal fan. Probably not the best weekend to announce that come to think of it.
Is there ever a good time to announce that? I kid I kid.

OT: I support Manchester United and absolutely love it

The Diabolical Biz

Jun 25, 2009
D_987 said:
The Diabolical Biz said:

Gloat all you want, we'll see who has the last laugh when Forest take West Ham's spot in the Premiership. =P
Sigghhh. You know, it's sad, but you're probably right. A damn tough run of fixtures in the run in to the end of the season. Still, our strike force is now excellent (Demba Ba, Carlton Cole, Freddy Piquionne, and Robbie Keane), along with ridiculously on form Obinna...there's hope yet, I tells ya!

Also you're not in the home and dry yet!! Last thing you want to do is get complacent!

D_987

Jun 15, 2008
The Diabolical Biz said:
there's hope yet, I tells ya!

Also you're not in the home and dry yet!! Last thing you want to do is get complacent!
Oh defiantly, we got that way last season after beating West Brom and look what happened! West Ham do have a number of good players; I think it's your defense that lets you down far to often.

The Diabolical Biz

Jun 25, 2009
D_987 said:
The Diabolical Biz said:
there's hope yet, I tells ya!

Oh defiantly, we got that way last season after beating West Brom and look what happened! West Ham do have a number of good players; I think it's your defense that lets you down far to often.
It's true, although with Tomkins back we should be back on form. In my opinion, our loss to Birmingham came about because of Upson's substitution at half time, as he'd been winning in the air against Zigic all game. For an Under 21, Tomkins is great, and him and Upson are a solid partnership. Green, also, when he's playing well, is top notch.

The Artificially Prolonged

Random Semi-Frequent Poster
Jul 15, 2008
wooty said:
Sorry, Torres is non-refundable. Besides, he'll love it on the bench at Stamford Bridge.

As you can all tell, Liverpool fan here :D
Up, up, up the table we go (hopefully)
Oh I'm sure he will, Shaun Wright Phillips has always said how comfy the seats are at Stamford Bridge :D

It looks like Liverpool are on the up again, still more improvements to be made but last view weeks have been a step in the right direction, was worried we were going the why of Leeds United a few months ago.

wolf92

Aug 13, 2008
I'm American, and I love Football. I lived in Europe for a while, and that's why I call it my it's proper name

Aris Khandr

Oct 6, 2010
I still love Arsenal, even if they messed up this weekend. But, then again, I support Les Bleus on the international stage, and we all know how well the World Cup went for them. :(

Giest4life

The Saucepan Man
Feb 13, 2010
D_987 said:
GeoPB said:
The Mighty Reds: Nottingham Forest. So excited for the QPR match next week!
As am I. It's defiantly make or break time for Forest in the next few games, though if they're ever finally going to clinch promotion it's this year. After last year and the Sheffield United play-off semi-finals I doubt I could bare us loosing in the semi's again and not make it to the Premiership...hell, even in League one we lost to Yeovil in the play-offs...

Giest4life said:
Ecstasy, today. As Stevie G. led us to another wonderful victory.
He did? I mean I saw the game, but I thought it was a woeful display of football with neither team having many chances, and a goal that was pure luck...
Had you seen the game through the eyes of a scouser, and then perhaps, you would have seen what I saw.