For Completionists: The Achievement/Trophy That Got Away

SweetLiquidSnake

Jan 20, 2011
This is a thread where people can share which achievement/trophy elluded them and they were never able to attain it, either because it was too hard, too long to do, didn't have multiplayer, etc.

For me, it was in Bioshock 1. I beat the game on normal, with 49/50 achievements. The only one left? Beat it on hard. I went back later and sped run to get it, and it was damn near impossible but I did it.

BUT THEN... They released that useless DLC pack which adds a 51st achievement: beat it on hard without dying. At this point I had already traded in the game, and even if I didn't hard mode was such a ***** that I would'nt have even bothered. So now I'm stuck with a hauting 50/51...

Episode42

Nov 28, 2010
Not so much the trophies that got away, but i platinumed both Fallout 3 and Borderlands. Then they released DLC for both, adding new trophies. So i've now got these trophies for both which are basically just collecting rubbish (Steel ingots or audio logs) and i just don't have it in me.

The only trophy i badly want is one for Flower, which should be easy, but i'm an idiot.

Swifty714

Jun 1, 2011
The mill worker achievement.

FOR SOME REASON, THE 100th INGOT DIDN'T SPAWN

Besides that...None that I could be bothered with.

Mr Thin

Apr 4, 2010
The achievement to collect all laptops for CoD:MW.

After going through the ENTIRE game a second time 'purely' for the sake of figuring out which intel item I missed, following a video walkthrough that showed the location of each one to the letter, I found out that there's a glitch that can cause one of them (I forget which) to disappear. And that the only way to fix it is to reset all my achievements.

Screw that, I have them all, my Xbox 360 is broken.

ChillzMaster

Mar 23, 2011
It was a cold day in October when I first attempted this achievement.

They told me it was impossible. No one I knew had it, no one could quite get it. They said it was broken. They said it was unattainable.

I said it was possible.

I died many times, just missing, barely, until finally, nearly a year later.

I did it. And then I took its friend with it.

So, You Came To Hear Me Beg, Halo Reach? I shan't, for Gods Must Be Strong, and as A Monument To All Your Sins, I have the three hardest Achievements in Halo Reach as of yesterday, ending my one-year hunt for them, nabbing a well-deserved 300 Gamerscore.

I. Am. GOD!

(You Came To Hear Me Beg - Assassinate an Elite to survive a fall that otherwise would have been fatal : Gods Must Be Strong - Beat Halo: Reach's Campaign on Legendary : A Monument To All Your Sins - Beat Halo: Reach's Campaign on Legendary... Alone...)

-Chillz

the spud

May 2, 2011
I could never quite get that rocket knome achievement form episode 2...That damn chopper section got me every time...

onewheeled

Aug 4, 2009
The achievements in DJ Hero 1 where you have to win 10 Xbox Live games, and where you play a game of local DJ vs DJ multiplayer.

First of all, do you know ANYBODY that owns the first DJ Hero game? Maybe you know a couple of people with the superior sequel, but not the first one. NOBODY plays that game online. Nobody did even before the sequel was released. And nobody I know owns the game, so having them come over with their DJ deck controller was out of the question.

Forever, that will remain 48/50, I guess.

BlumiereBleck

Dec 11, 2008
The last 3 achievements for Fable II i tried to get before the 3rd one came out....dollcatcher, chicken master, and pub game master.....i couldn't do it :(

MightyMole

Mar 5, 2011
I'd have to say the Treasure Hunter achievement on Final Fantasy XIII... I really don't have the patience for that one :/. I've already had to grind to level up high enough to get the last C'ieth stone missions finished, I don't feel like making an excel sheet and grinding even more to obtain every weapon... Love the game, but I'm not gonna do it. Too many other good games to play, 120 hours was long enough... Lol

Oh, also the Chaos Generator achievement for Left 4 Dead. I've gotten every achievement but that one because I have to find a local server to do it on. It's pretty lame :/ I hope they fix that glitch one of these days....

Fiad

Apr 3, 2010
One in Oblivion for becoming the Duke of Dementia, I went for the other one forgot to save beforehand. My Oblivion got bugged and now I can't really do much without the game breaking.

Son of a Mitch

Aug 7, 2011
Assassin's Creed 1 'Conversationalist': I've run through the game 3 times now and Lucy glitches and won't say certain dialogue lines when she is supposed to. Annoying when I've already found all 420 flags and killed all 60 templars. Twice.

CoD MW1 'Mile High Club': Fuck that achieve.

Bioshock 1 'Seriously Good at this' and 'Brass Balls': tried to just get these last two at the same time, but fighting the guy in the fishery and getting close to any big daddy just took me out.

FallenPrism

Jan 7, 2009
One last Flag in Richard's Kingdom, AC1. I think it was bugged and wouldn't spawn.

Also Mile High Club in MW.

suitepee7

I can smell sausage rolls
Dec 6, 2010
bulletstorm, reach level 65 online. i'm about 56, but that's from playing with my friend online. he has since had a kid, and random games are a pain in the ass to load, and then when they do everybody just randomly kills as opposed to working as a team. everybody is so damn stupid it is unbelievable.

so yeah, until he gets more time, that one will never be done =\

shadow_Fox81

Jul 29, 2011
you don't get an achievment but its always haunted me. the silver keys in fable one i was one short, i looked everywhere but refused to cheat my way to it by asking for help, then one day got so frustrated i got rid of it.

Ando85

Apr 27, 2011
Seriously 2.0 on Gears of War 2. I got 1250/1250 on GoW1, but I still sit at 1700/1750 on GoW2 as 3 quickly approaches. I could do it by merely farming the Brumak part at the end of the game, but it is mind numbingly repetitive. I'm not sure if I will get a chance to devote time to that before GoW3 comes out and makes the prospect of ever playing GoW2 again very slim.

Antitonic

Enlightened Dispenser Of Truth!
Feb 4, 2010
Any of the multiplayer ones. I'm not ultra-competitive, and current circumstances put me at a disadvantage controller-wise. I also live in Australia, so by default my Internet service is crap, but I'm on an older plan which makes it worse.

Also, the games that have achievements for multiple playthroughs. I can't get as involved after beating a game once. It's the same with books: once I've gotten the story, it takes quite a while before I'm able to read it again without knowing the story in and out.

Titan Buttons

Apr 13, 2011
CoD 4 - the mile high club
Batman:AA - The get all achievements achievement and the get all medals in the melee rounds
and just a heap from CoD when they add downloads or have multiplayer achievements, I don't play online that much.

Easton Dark

Jan 2, 2011
Demons Souls

The Gold 'World Uniter' trophy or whatever it's called, for beating the King and getting the Good ending.

The Maiden came in and was doing some enchanting, so I thought "What would she say if I hit her while she was doing this?". So I did. SHE'S A 1 HIT FRICKING KILL.

I GOT THE BAD ENDING, NO TROPHY, AND IT AUTO SAVED SO I'D HAVE TO PLAY THROUGH IT ALL AGAIN.

AND I WAS BORROWING THE GAME.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU