For those been in a few fights or martial artists-

A.A.K

Mar 7, 2009
Im a studying martial artist (4 years now) and ive been in more then my fair share of fights, but my question is, how do you defeat the helicopter fighters-the psychos, the ones that are angry nd dont have anything to lose. They swing nd swing more often then not with a weapon.
How do you overcome these people without waiting for them to tire out?

Please dont say something along the lines of "avoid all fights" or "use a gun" or anything to that equivalent.

From A (meaning 1) past experience i was badly hit though i was extremely lucky nd got a punch in that knocked him out.

Katherine Kerensky

Why, or Why Not?
Mar 27, 2009
I have no training.
If you want to stop someone without waiting for them to tire, you have to put them down.
Kick 'em in a weakspot... that'll do the trick.
Not much else I can say. I prefer kicking. Hurts me much less while hurting the target more.

comadorcrack

The Master of Speilingz
Mar 19, 2009
Greyfox105 said:
I have no training.
If you want to stop someone without waiting for them to tire, you have to put them down.
Kick 'em in a weakspot... that'll do the trick.
Not much else I can say. I prefer kicking. Hurts me much less while hurting the target more.
^ helicopter fighter ^

Lord Beautiful

Aug 13, 2008
If they pull a weapon on you, it should be perfectly alright to crush their testicles with the end of your foot.

A.A.K

Mar 7, 2009
"Kill them" may sound good in theory, but its hard to block and hard to strike because of the constant flailing. Though it is quite true that you have to paralyze them, knock them out, or kill them.

Hurr Durr Derp

Apr 8, 2009
Hit the ears or the nose. Tends to disorient people if you hit them hard. The main thing is to stay cool (which is probably the hardest thing in a situation like that) and focus on not getting hit/stabbed/whatever.

If they're the kind who really go all red haze berserker style on your ass (I once had a mate like that) just keep your distance and start looking for a way out, it's not worth it to go toe-to-toe with someone like that even if you could take him on.

Jun 11, 2008
BlakBladz said:
Im a studying martial artist (4 years now) and ive been in more then my fair share of fights, but my question is, how do you defeat the helicopter fighters-the psychos, the ones that are angry nd dont have anything to lose. They swing nd swing more often then not with a weapon.

Please dont say something along the lines of "avoid all fights" or "use a gun" or anything to that equivalent.

From A (meaning 1) past experience i was badly hit though i was extremely lucky nd got a punch in that knocked him out.
You mean like someone who does nothing but throw hooks and puches until they are tired sort of thing?

comadorcrack

The Master of Speilingz
Mar 19, 2009
Greyfox105 said:
comadorcrack said:
^ helicopter fighter ^
Wait, What? o_O
Why are ye calling me a 'Helicopter fighter'? o_O
Are you calling me insane in some way?
[small]ach mein gott...
Haaauuuuuuu~[/small]
Lets face it "EDITED OUT NICKNAME BECAUSE GREYFOX IS A SPOILSPORT" You do get a bit crazy

the_maestro_sartori

Nov 8, 2009
In the gym we used to call that overhand right haymaker the "idiot punch" - as whiteblood said, it's generally a big overhand right they wanna hit you with if they're just all anger and not thinking about anything but damaging you.
After a few drills, it's easy to get under that right and land as many knees to the guy's balls as you want, as many knees to the stomach, as many shots to the head - but honestly, if you've been learning martial arts for 4 years and don't know that, you're studying the wrong art.
Look up Muay Thai or Jiu Jitsu in your area.

or ya know, watch Bas Rutten self defence videos online :p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LVqCgBEei0o&NR=1

enjoy :p

Katherine Kerensky

Why, or Why Not?
Mar 27, 2009
comadorcrack said:
Lets face it "EDITED OUT NICKNAME BECAUSE GREYFOX IS A SPOILSPORT" You do get a bit crazy
Damn right I am a spoilsport. I like to spoil any fun that could be at this one's expense.
Especially when it has a reference to... him.
I hate him so much. Rather stay on here and be me.

Eliam_Dar

Nov 25, 2009
I was trained in Full Contact for 7 years, kick boxing for 4 years, Kung Fu Wai Kung Pai 3 years, WT 1 year, Judo 4 years, Box 2. On 2003 I had an accident that practiaclly ruined my efforts, but I still have the knowledge (some idiot tried to rob me a week ago)

Remember a few basics in self defense
1. Your life is precious protect it by any means neccesary
2. Weak points. Even the stronger opponent has them, the most direct ones are on a line from the throat to the genitals. Easier to find are throat, chest just below the esternon, and genitals.
3. Knees, a proper kick applied on a kneee will lower any oponent.
4. Do not oppose force if you are not stronger, if you are grabbed and pushed, pull from his arm, if you are pulled push him
5. Balance, always keeps yours, make your opponent loose his, it is easier than you think, non experience figthers tend to move in a straight line towards you to attak, dodge to the sides, same principle can be applied if grabbed.
6. If attacked by more than one opponent, keep moving so they cannot attack you from different angles at the same time. Putting a wall on your back is not a good option (despite what movies say) it cuts any retreat chance you may have.
7. Normally a robbery starts with someone grabbing you. do not hesitate and hit first.

GOLDEN RULES

1. YOU ARE NOT FASTER THAN A BULLET DO NOT ENGAGE AN OPPONENT ARMED WITH A FIRE ARM UNLESS YOU HAVE NO CHOICE
2. IF IN DOUBT HIT HIS KNEE

CincoDeMayo

Dec 17, 2008
BlakBladz said:

I used to study Kyukushin Karate myself actually, but that was a while back.

The important thing as far as I see is that you never lose focus of your opponent. You don't necessarily have to tire him out, but if you take some time to analyze your opponent and register his preferences (such as if he's left- or righthanded, if he mostly aims for your head or if can actually fight, etc), and then use whatever opening you can find to knock him out.

the_maestro_sartori said:
...- but honestly, if you've been learning martial arts for 4 years and don't know that, you're studying the wrong art.
Look up Muay Thai or Jiu Jitsu in your area.
There is no such thing as right or wrong martial arts, when will people learn that? Any kind of self defense is about bringing down the opponent before he or she brings you down, and how it's done is not a matter of right or wrong, it's a matter of live or die.

thylasos

Aug 12, 2009
Accept a hit, pull them in close along the arm or leg, then get them in the nadgers.

Feb 13, 2008
Wait for the first flail, cushion it, hold it, reverse the angle and watch him break his own arm.

Beat a helicopter fighter with plane moves. ;)