For those of you hyped for MW3, I ask... why?

Dr. wonderful

Dec 31, 2009
Father Tunde said:

We like things that you don't. It's our opinions. I'm not a fan of South Park, nor of Sprouts, but I don't ask people to explain to me why they like them.
Thanks.

Why can't people just let people enjoy something for the sake of enjoying it? It's not that fucking hard.

Dangit2019

Aug 8, 2011
If there's one type of thread I hate the most, it's the "why do you like [insert popular game here]". Maybe because some people find it personally fun and actually remember that that's what GAMES are for.

mitchell271

Sep 3, 2010
Lacsapix said:
Its top of the line in gaming
its just not my thing
AHHHHHH HIPSTERS!!!! jk
OT: I'm only borrowing from a friend for one reason: the campaign. I've played through the other 2 and I'm curious of how it will play out

Westaway

Nov 9, 2009
Because I'll get my $60 bucks out of it for the first 2 months when it's still fun and everyone knows which weapons are OP. At which point I'll probably never play it again. I have very low hopes.

TheBritishAreComing

Jul 19, 2011
I haven't bought a COD game since MW1, so I'm fine with buying this one. Also, they're redoing the killstreak system,so I want to see how well those work gameplay-wise.

Also, the campaign has GUNS and EXPLOSIONS and NO-THOUGHT-REQUIRED GAMEPLAY. It'll be fun to mindlessly shoot people in-between Dark Souls rage quits.

theonecookie

Apr 14, 2009
VikingSteve said:
Leonartheinsane said:
Why? Because the multi-player is tight, exciting and responsive. I mean sure it's not the most creative thing to come out all year but it does change significantly game from game. C0D4 was my favourate, balanced weapons, nice mix. COD5 brought zombies and a great multiplayer WW2 theme, plus loved the Japanse weaponry. COD6 the weapons started getting an emphasis on faster firing and more crazy and hectic with add ons. COD7 I haven't played much of to be honest, but the guns have slowed down and it takes far longer to kill someone than in previous COD's which again significantly alters the gameplay.
Read: Easy. There's no learning curve.

COD is a half-assed shooter any way you slice it.
Care to point out a shooter with substantial a learning curve I've yet to meat one and i'v been gaining for 15 years (played a lot of shooters too)

Also how can you define a online shooter as easy surly that's got more to do with who your playing rather than the game its self

Burn2Feel

Jan 20, 2010
Modern Warfare has been more fun to play than any other FPS I've played, there are the agitations and you may feel that the games are recycled, but surely you can say that about every Mario/LOZ/Racing/*other name here*. Mario hasn't changed the formula one bit, but I haven't seen a thread questioning someone's reasons for liking it. I've pre-ordered it, mainly because I love having a FPS to play and Modern Warfare hasn't let me down so far in entertainment terms

Dr. wonderful

Dec 31, 2009
VikingSteve said:
Dr. wonderful said:
Father Tunde said:

We like things that you don't. It's our opinions. I'm not a fan of South Park, nor of Sprouts, but I don't ask people to explain to me why they like them.
Thanks.

Why can't people just let people enjoy something for the sake of enjoying it? It's not that fucking hard.
because some people would like to know exactly what's going through your head when you play these trainwrecks
Because it's a Game? You remember what people play a game for? FUN.

Beside, I don't even Play COD. I'm just defending people choice to play it.

Leonartheinsane

Jun 20, 2011
VikingSteve said:
Read: Easy. There's no learning curve.

COD is a half-assed shooter any way you slice it.
I disagree. I've definetly got better over time. You definetly gain ideas about how to approach differently scenarios in it.

And yeah sure, I agree it's a great game to relax and play with a couple of beers and mates (Which I'm sure is it's biggest selling point), but you can also play it competitively; Sneaking around with a bolt action sniper rife takes a lot of practice and is harder than you'd think in a packed free for all.

Bran1470

Feb 24, 2010
it gives me a reason to stay home and actually use my PS3 for something other than netflix

Titan Buttons

Apr 13, 2011
Since Call of Duty 4 came out I've only bought the MWF games and while there isn't a huge inervation between each game the story is amazing and solid and while I don't have high hopes for 3 I still want to know how the story ends because it has been quite an amazing one so far.

DalekJaas

Dec 3, 2008
I don't want innovation in a franchise that already works perfectly, some new graphics would be nice, but as far as competitive FPS goes CoD is top of the line.

marblemadness

May 26, 2010
I've reached maximum prestige in MW1, MW2, and Black Ops and I still love the formula. They change enough, add enough new features each time around to make it worth my money. I'll be buying it because I know I'll get at least 200 hours of gameplay for $60, and that's a pretty damned good deal if you ask me :)

TheCowman

Oct 22, 2011
PessimistOwl said:
Personally, I'm more stuck in the older days of gaming when the story was the only thing that merited a good game
Wait, which "older days" are you talking about.

Cause in the actual OLDER days of gaming, you were lucky to get any story beyond "our princess is in another castle".

team star pug

Sep 29, 2009
The-Epicly-Named-Man said:
Counter-question: If you're not interested in the game, why bother even thinking about it?

I haven't been a huge fan of COD since 4, but I don't constantly b*tch about the series, or harass it's fans.
That you for that information, but it is completely irrelevant. You didn't even answer his question, so the escapist moderators will probably ban you for a year. ...