For those who eat Ramen

skyfire_freckles

Jan 30, 2008
halflobster said:
i bowl mine on the stove for about 7 minutes then throw in some lunchmeat
Eeeewwwww! Seven minutes? That's disgusting! Ramen mush!

As far as recipes go, my guy cooks up the ramen according to the package directions (3 minutes, everybody, just 3)(shudders), drains the water out and then fries the noodles with a sauce made from soy sauce, hoisin sauce(in the grocery store near the soy sauce; it's good) and worcestershire. He calls it Yaki-soba.

supersixfour

Jul 16, 2009
Xyphon said:
Matronadena said:
I only eat Ramen when I make my yearly trip back to Nara... then I load up at the little ramen bars......the crap they throw in a bag or plastic bowl is just.....there is no heart in it.
Bring me back some. I've always wanted to taste ramen that isn't dried up. :D
well theres alot of good ramen places here in west LA ramen ya on olympic and hauser i thin and asahi ramen on olympic and sawtelle are great 2 name a few

LewsTherin

Jun 22, 2008
Peas, Tabasco, HP sauce,whatever meat is in the fridge, rice, another kind of instant soup (usually chicken-noodle), crackers, broccoli, beans, cheese, bread, whatever it takes to give it some substance. Ramen (we call it Itchiban here)by itself doesn't fill me at all, and it barely has any calories/nutrients worth mentioning.

UsefulPlayer 1

Feb 22, 2008
I just experiment. I love just throwing stuff into the pot and let it cook.c Pretty much anything that can do good with a bit of flavor can go into the pot.

romitelli

Jan 2, 2008
I eat ramen at a nice little chinese place next to my house. Huge bowl of fresh ramen plus dessert for four bucks.

scotth266

Wait when did I get a sub
Jan 10, 2009
Here you go: my personal ramen-making style. [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/18.106909?page=5#2449825]

Booze Zombie

Dec 8, 2007
You can do anything with noodles.

Naruto style with everything and the kitchen sink, stir-fry, soup or anything else.

One I've heard is good, though... cook some chicken or curry flavored noodles, allow them to become not-soggy and then put them on top of cheese on toast.

Never tried it, but I've heard it's good.