Former Aussie Premier Calls for R18+ Game Rating

vallorn

Tunnel Open, Communication Open.
Nov 18, 2009
Jack and Calumon said:
Getting up? That street tagging game? That should not be banned.

Anyway, I tried to concentrate on the article, but like Vegeta heard when Dodoria was talking about the Earthlings he was following, that picture just says "Hit me! Right in the face, Do it!"

Anyways, it looks like australia can finally take off it's rose tinted glasses and see the world how it is in the virtual realm soon. Of course, Australia doesn't regulate Xbox Live which about 5 minutes of that would earn the age rating of R18+ for "Encouraging Children to talk foul offences about others, other people's family relations, and display hostile actions of such gruesome detail by depicting children, who are reminded to do their chores during all this behaivour, committing such acts."

Calumon: I got nothing to say, so here's the argument which Jack had with someone on the PSN.

Mr Idiot: Oh my god Catkid! Don't plant the Bomb!

Me: What? Why not? It's the whole point of the game and we have 10 seconds left!

Mr Stuipid: I can kill 'em all before then Fag! I got my Spas and all my 'nades! I can... OH WHAT THE FUCK CATKID!

Me: We were gonna lose! Now defend it!

Mr Moron: Now they know where we fucking are! Fucking great plan Catkid! I'm gonna stab you for this.

Me: Yeah? You gonna stab me?

Senor stupida: Yeah, I'm gonna get a machete and cut your throat and then I'm gonna plough your mom cos I got a 15 inch dick you motherfucking piece of shit!

Me: IdiotTwelveYearOldBeingStupidsayWhat?

Oh come on, He wouldn't: What? Wait, FUCK! YOU FUCKING PRICK I'M GONNA... No Mom, that was Sis. She's not in? Where is she? I'm not changing the subject!

Me: Think you better apologise to your mom kid.

This is gonna end well: THAT'S FUCKING IT YOU COCKSUCKING LITTLE FUCKING FUCKHEAD! I'M GONNA CUT YOU UP AND FUCK EVERY MOTHERFUCKING HOLE I MAKE WITH MY GOD-FUCKING-DAMN KNIFE AND WHEN I'M DONE I'M GONNA SHOVE MY DICK WHERE YOU FUCKING EYES USED TO FUCKING BE AND THEN I'M GONNA GRAB YOUR BALLS AND... NOT NOW MOM! HE STARTED IT! NOOO! THIS IS MY ROOM! GET OUT! I DON'T WANNA PUT CLOTHES ON! I WANT THE CURTAINS OPEN!

Me: This is going to burned in my memory for a while.

Guess who: FUCK OFF YOU FUCKING RETAR- He left the game.

Then, a minute later I saw this and thought it was appropriate.
wow...just...wow. 12 year olds on the PSN usualy dont have headsets so ive never had an experience like that. also its your fault for not playing BFBC2 ;)

WOO HOO POST 300 [sup]SPARTANA![/sup]

vallorn

Tunnel Open, Communication Open.
Nov 18, 2009
coughingfit said:
obisean said:
What game is he (or a family member) looking to play that wont make it past the ratings board...?
Who cares as long as we finally get the rating?
#

were just curious dude.

also WELCOME TO THE WOOORRRLD OF TOOMOROW! affectionately called the escapist. (cookie for the reference)

AngryMongoose

Elite Member
Jan 18, 2010
"Peter Beattie called for a ban on Fable because it encouraged violence against women"

He is oddly knowledgable about this. There's no way he could know that without playing through the annoyance of having a wife in the game.

Though, the game encourages violence against men, and tempts violence against children, so I don't see how this is a particular issue.

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
This is when the government really needs to listen, if there own politicians, who were once against it! Now want it!

Jodah

Aug 2, 2008
vallorn said:
also WELCOME TO THE WOOORRRLD OF TOOMOROW! affectionately called the escapist. (cookie for the reference)
Thats an easy one, Futurama (the defrosting guy for the cryogenics lab).

OT : Hooray, there is hope yet!

Dioxide20

Aug 11, 2009
Question, is he up for reelection any time soon?

Like most politicians, he will look for anything to base his campaign off of to get into office. Then he will do nothing at all...

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
Dead Rising 2 just got given a 15 certificate un-cut; that's the sheer irony of their rating system.

addeB

Oct 2, 2009
That is almost like a politician is saying that they should grow up and accept games as something more adult. I think I'm going to cry out of happiness... Nah not really. gamers are emotion less monsters so we don't cry.
Also good for Australia!

Nuke_em_05

Mar 30, 2009
Wait, a politician went and got him a global perspective on something?

Either this is a great day for gamers in Australia or...

Talvrae

The Purple Fairy
Dec 8, 2009
Not G. Ivingname said:
Andy Chalk said:
A politican that admits he was wrong without some kind of huge scandel but after talking with experts and thinking it over?

O_O

IT IS THE END! WERE ALL GOING TO DIE!
It happen often here in Québec... The problem is they don't so when they are in power but after having take theyr retirement from the political scene...
It's kind of sad in fact, all our big shot get more interesting when they leave

Adzma

Sep 20, 2009
Most people are predicting that we won't get our R rating for another few years at least. Everybody who's in power with the exception of the ACT Attorney-General, and perhaps the Victorian AG are too conservative to give it to us despite the overwhealming support.

Mr. Mike

Mar 24, 2010
Please give us an R18+ rating already. I'm sure it's still going to take a few years, but when we finally start getting all the games everyone else does I'll be happy. Plus, no more games sneaking into the MA15+ category and into the hands of younger kids.

Luke Cartner

May 6, 2010
Its the Attorney-generals who are blocking it. So while this is interesting an ex prem saying this isn't that useful.

Although after the VIC attorney-general started receiving death threats for blocking it last time, maybe this time it will get through.

Both conservatives and liberals (a confusing term here as the been conservative party here are actually called the liberals) are in favor of the idea. No one really wants kids to play these games per se (well of voting age that is).