Former Duke Nukem Teaser Site Reveals Bombshell

BreakfastMan

Scandinavian Jawbreaker
Jul 22, 2010
Gah, that trailer just screams Barbwire-style "strong, independent woman". And that character model is ugly as sin. The outfit is just seriously painful to look at. That is not to mention the completely blank expression and dead eyes, as well as shit animation. Already, the game is looking like ass.

Smooth Operator

Oct 5, 2010
I guess the top down nature explains the poor models and animation, but that is all they had to show for so first impressions are not good at all.
And I do remember how their last game ended up... can't say this thing sounds promising in any way.

Mave

Jan 26, 2014
Wow ... lame trailer.... ugh, I hate the character design looks really bad, sounds like a nice idea of a character but really she looks like a mix of a barbie doll with a terminator action figure, the mech arm looks awful , I hope the visual style of the character is reworked, a fem-duke game could be funny if done well.

Arawn

Dec 18, 2003
Oddly enough this reminded me of Bomb Queen (comic book) if they could channel that type of character into this game I'd be very happy. Otherwise the premise is interesting, but the video does nothing to inspire excitement.

Happiness Assassin

Oct 11, 2012
Wow... what an utterly uninteresting trailer... until the ending. Then we get an example of some of the worst dialogue this side of a early 90's anime dub. It is painfully obvious how her placeholder status for Duke is. Combined with stiff as hell animation and 3D Realms still being run by retarded monkeys eating their own feces, I have no hope for this game.

Doom972

Dec 25, 2008
This looks more like an old tech demo than a current teaser. Her movement is very robotic (they couldn't even have her blink every once in a while) and she doesn't do much.

I'll keep an open mind about it until I see gameplay footage, but this teaser didn't get me excited for it.

RealRT

Feb 28, 2014
A little bit of trivia: in Duke Nukem Forever Duke was initially supposed to have a female counterpart/companion in a character also nicknamed Bombshell, who was supposed to put him in his place. But she was cut and, as rumors state, replaced with that Captain Dylan douchebag from DNF.

Baralak

Dec 9, 2009
I actually thought it looked pretty cool. Nice to see a woman protag, and one who looks like she can kick some butt. I'm looking forward to it, although I haven't seen enough to get me really hyped. But yeah, if this showed up in an indie bundle, it could probably convince me to beat the average for it.

Hagi

Apr 10, 2011
Looks cool enough to me.

I'd prefer a modest teaser based on alpha-assets over diverting several million of the budget for a grand CGI trailer, leaves more money for the things that actually matter.

I do like top-down action-RPGs so who knows, might pick this up.

Lono Shrugged

May 7, 2009
This looks like utter garbage. I suddenly flashed back to late 90's PS 1. And I would be very surprised if the character wasn't inspired by Aimee Nixon from Judge Dredd

For the record, Aimee Nixon was a very good hard as nails female character. She had an interesting back story and you can see from the way she is drawn in that picture, that she is a fairly realistic depiction of a woman who has spent most of her life in bar fights (I love the broken boxers nose) If you are going to steal. Steal from the best.

I don't think for a second Bombshell looks progressive or kick ass or appealing in any way. This is just a mental fuck doll for people who liked Girl With The Dragon Tattoo. The ad is all about image, with nothing about character. All I can glean is that she seems to be Jack from Mass Effect 2 and Adam Jensen's lovechild.

Good marketing can hide a shit game. Marketing this lazy usually is bad news. Especially when the assets look this ugly and the ad has nothing to say.

RA92

Jan 1, 2011
With Duke we at least get a few mildly funny one-liners. For a female protagonist we get slow pans of boobs.

rbstewart7263

Nov 2, 2010
Seems like the animation needs loads of work but I support there being a female duke nukem basically.

or tank girl she is basically that too.(with less personality but you know cant judge from the trailer)

CriticalMiss

Jan 18, 2013
I guess it's still a step up from Duke Nukem even if it's kind of shit (that voice acting, bleh). Hopefully they will release some gameplay footage before the end of the decade.

Creedsareevil

Mar 25, 2014
Yeah.. i think i'm gonna go back and fus ro dah some other twerp off some other mountain instead of buying this one....

captcha: no-brainer

Indeed Captcha. Indeed.

karloss01

Jul 5, 2009
Was it just me or did the whole trailer just look like they swapped out duke's character model for this bombshell? everything she did was very manly or at least heavily associated with 90's action man (jack daniels, one handing shotguns, riding a motorcycle through explosions.)