Fort Wayne Scratches Harry Baals Government Center

emeraldrafael

Jul 17, 2010
So wait..

YOu're not going to call it Harry Baals (1st choice) or Thunder Dome (2nd choice), why do you bother letting people vote? You may as well have just named it the "fuck you voters, we'll name it whatever we damn well please" building (which arguably would be a long and just as non serious of a name and would need abbreviated).

Come on Fort Wayne, get a damn sense of humor. I mean, with this and the parent group in the US trying to remove the word ***** from television, I'm beginning to think America is losing its sense of humor.

SamElliot'sMustache

Oct 5, 2009
InterAirplay said:
Colbert represents a greater contribution to culture and society than NASA has ever, ever managed to achieve
Actually, a lot of modern advancements in technology and medical science came about because of NASA, such as CAT scans, dialysis machines, breathing material used by firefighters, and cordless tools. [http://www.suite101.com/content/practical-applications-of-space-technology-a98927]

Sephychu

Dec 13, 2009
DEMOCRACY

This is a splendid demonstration of it.

Seriously, why bother? I'd fucking love to work in the Thunder Dome, and I would have even if I hadn't an idea of the backing to it. It's a badass name.

This is hilarious though. I hope some politicians who aren't up their own asses see this changed(read: This is a contradiction in terms).

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
My first thought:

"Trolls! Trolls everywhere!"

After reading:

"'Minnie Baals'? That poor, poor family."

By the way: "... Scratches Harry Baals..."? Nice article title.

midpipps

Feb 23, 2009
SamElliot said:
InterAirplay said:
Colbert represents a greater contribution to culture and society than NASA has ever, ever managed to achieve
Actually, a lot of modern advancements in technology and medical science came about because of NASA, such as CAT scans, dialysis machines, breathing material used by firefighters, and cordless tools. [http://www.suite101.com/content/practical-applications-of-space-technology-a98927]
Ninja'ed that is what I was going to say.

OT: They really should name the building what the people wanted. It could have been much worse and I am sure some of the people are voting just for the luls the man seems like he has done enough to deserve to be remembered this way and backing down from what the people wanted just because some people may make jokes about it is just BS.

soren7550

Overly Proud New Yorker
Dec 18, 2008
So I'm guessing that the number three choice was the Butthead Memorial Building? (cookies if you get that)

Booze Zombie

Dec 8, 2007
TestECull said:
Oh come on name the center after them. Drop the political correctness.

If I was the current Ft Wayne mayor I would have overrode that decision and attached the damn sign myself.
Political correctness? Nah, this is just dumb.

antidonkey

Dec 10, 2009
So....the current mayor's wife maiden name is Kocks?

They should name it at her and the former mayor. It could be called The Kocks and Baals Administrative Building.

That's grade A, triple distilled epic right there.

tkioz

Fussy Fiddler
May 7, 2009
Harry and Minnie Baals... oh dear god... that would have been an awesome name.