Fort Wayne Scratches Harry Baals Government Center

Scars Unseen

^ ^ v v < > < > B A
May 7, 2009
It sucks that the government would dismiss this out of hand, but I think the citizens of Fort Wayne could still pull this off. It's just a matter of greasing a few palms.

cfehunter

Oct 5, 2010
If the people care thaat much about it it'll still happen. The mayor will want to get re-elected and doing what the people want is a good way to make sure that happens.
Personally if I lived there i'd run for mayor with my headline policy being to rename the building the Harry Baals' Building.
Just so the current mayor would fold on the issue when he realises the voters wanted it, then i'd quit the campaign.

Vrach

Jun 17, 2010
antidonkey said:
So....the current mayor's wife maiden name is Kocks?

They should name it at her and the former mayor. It could be called The Kocks and Baals Administrative Building.

That's grade A, triple distilled epic right there.
You sir, are a genius. Very much supported :D

RelexCryo

Oct 21, 2008
This story is awesome. Andy, please keep reporting stuff like this. People who think only videogame related stuff should be reported are wrong. Stuff like this helps me get through the day.

Saelune

Trump put kids in cages!
Legacy
Mar 8, 2011
Thats the kind of name that people should get a free pass if they decide to legally change it.

SirCannonFodder

Nov 23, 2007
soren7550 said:
So I'm guessing that the number three choice was the Butthead Memorial Building? (cookies if you get that)
No, that was the number one choice when they polled the elementary schools.

Lyndraco

Jun 12, 2008
Oh Fort Wayne, I would have loved to work in the Thunder Dome. I would have also loved trying to tell people to go to the Harry Baals building (said, of course, with a completely straight face). And then when people question you, you can give them a stern lecture about being immature, and laugh about it later. But you've dashed my hopes and dreams for now :-(

Also, they clearly are confused about how democracy works. Really, when they nixed the idea, who was being immature then?

Asuka Soryu

Jun 11, 2010
soren7550 said:
So I'm guessing that the number three choice was the Butthead Memorial Building? (cookies if you get that)
"I knew we shouldn't have let the children name it"

The Simpson's?

soren7550

Overly Proud New Yorker
Dec 18, 2008
Asuka Soryu said:
soren7550 said:

The Simpson's?
Them's the one.
*hands you a note that says 'IOU cookies' since the computer I'm on is a buttmunch and won't let me copy & paste*

Asuka Soryu

Jun 11, 2010
soren7550 said:
Asuka Soryu said:
soren7550 said:

The Simpson's?
Them's the one.
*hands you a note that says 'IOU cookies' since the computer I'm on is a buttmunch and won't let me copy & paste*
(Takes IOU and smacks it to the side of the left leg of Eva 002, taping it on)

:3