Fox News is at it again, this time for "Green Games"

owen4evr

Feb 11, 2011
Wow these guys are idiots, next they will be saying killing zombies in video games is breeding serial killers.

Scrustle

Apr 30, 2011
I saw this earlier on FB on the Extra Credits page. It makes me so angry! Everything they say it utter rubbish! At least when they attack violent games no-one can deny that they are in fact violent, but this!?!? It's just SO ridiculous! How the hell is Fox News still allowed to broadcast the crap it does?? The worst thing about it is that so many people actually take this stuff seriously! It makes me weep for humanity. Thank God we don't have anything to this extent of lunatic hate-spewing over in the UK. But I'm painfully aware that Fox News controls the opinions of a huge section of the the most powerful nation on Earth...

Hagi

Apr 10, 2011
Maybe I don't have enough experience with FOX news, or the effect they have (read: no experience at all).

But I don't see how this makes you angry.

To me it's like watching this:

oktalist

Feb 16, 2009
Fox's troll powers put even /b/ to shame.

Psst, don't anyone tell them that the Picus Media Group from Deus Ex: Human Revolution is a thinly veiled parody of News Corp. And especially don't encourage them to read any of the emails in the Picus offices.

Dark Knifer

May 12, 2009
It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. I was surprised that he said "nuclear power is arguably the safest form of energy production" which made me go o.o did he actually say something that might be right?

But yeah, I'm used to it but I found it more tolerable then a lot of other stuff they have done.

pumuckl

Feb 20, 2010
Dark Knifer said:
It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. I was surprised that he said "nuclear power is arguably the safest form of energy production" which made me go o.o did he actually say something that might be right?

But yeah, I'm used to it but I found it more tolerable then a lot of other stuff they have done.
first of all how is bashing a green game better then bashing violence? o_O just cuz it's a game ur not familiar with?

second of all even when fox tells the truth they do so in such a shady manner, nuclear power isn't the safest form of energy production at all, unless ur talking amount of damage caused/the amount of energy produced. in which case yeah it ranks up there, only for the ungodly amount of energy it produces, not from lack of danger

ACman

Apr 21, 2011
Next up on MSNBC: Is Call of Duty: Modern Warfare pushing a right-wing, neo-conservative world view on your kids? Find out at eight.....

Jake the Snake

Mar 25, 2009
This is why I don't even bother with these guys anymore. They just say things without any sort of evidence or professionalism to back it up. They just spew mindless propaganda, and seriously, you'd have to be as simple as a child to believe any of it.

Hosker

Aug 13, 2010
Is there anybody who actually takes them seriously? I certainly hope not. They shouldn't be allowed to report.

ACman

Apr 21, 2011
Fox News have captured and amazing demographic; pandering to neo-conservatives and Christian fundamentalists and trolling everybody else.

Dark Knifer

May 12, 2009
pumuckl said:
Dark Knifer said:

first of all how is bashing a green game better then bashing violence? o_O just cuz it's a game ur not familiar with?

second of all even when fox tells the truth they do so in such a shady manner, nuclear power isn't the safest form of energy production at all, unless ur talking amount of damage caused/the amount of energy produced. in which case yeah it ranks up there, only for the ungodly amount of energy it produces, not from lack of danger
I was more talking about how they usually spread blatantly wrong information and this seemed slightly more balanced. Still biased obviously but not as bad as other stories they have covered. Like the mass effect story, least in this one they give the impression they played the game before doing the interview but if they approached these games in the same manner they did with that then I'd be just as annoyed.

Secondly, you'll find that nuclear accidents happen because nearly all nuclear power plants, aside from aircraft carriers, are several outdated. In America they haven't built any new plants in 40 years. There would still be a danger obviously but the technology should be given the chance to allow scientists to improve it. Plus, I didn't take fox's word for it, I made my opinion from different sources.

LiquidGrape

Sep 10, 2008
Oh, wait, I have this bookmarked for occasions like this:

Dear Fox,

Best wishes,
//All of us who value common sense and critical thinking

pumuckl

Feb 20, 2010
[/quote]

I was more talking about how they usually spread blatantly wrong information and this seemed slightly more balanced. Still biased obviously but not as bad as other stories they have covered. Like the mass effect story, least in this one they give the impression they played the game before doing the interview but if they approached these games in the same manner they did with that then I'd be just as annoyed.

Secondly, you'll find that nuclear accidents happen because nearly all nuclear power plants, aside from aircraft carriers, are several outdated. In America they haven't built any new plants in 40 years. There would still be a danger obviously but the technology should be given the chance to allow scientists to improve it. Plus, I didn't take fox's word for it, I made my opinion from different sources.[/quote]

good point, though you have to think these new plants would have to be near someones neighborhood, and nobody wants an experimental nuclear plant next door

Jason Danger Keyes

Mar 4, 2009
On the bright side, someday they'll all be dead or retired, and we can happily disregard them from their nursing homes.

JamesStone

If it ain't broken, get to work
Jun 9, 2010
Ok, I´m not surprised. Angered, yes, but we all know that logic reasoning and an actual fair debate is not what Fox News is all about.
They are a extremely pro-republican, christian and conservative channel, so "green games" are agaisnt their ideials. Their are an indocrination channel, made specificaly to spread their one-minded, uninformed and overall stupid opinions and ideials to people dumb enough to actually believe it, so I can add hypocrits to the list, seeing how they accuse EVERYONE to spread the "liberal agenda". The Reapers would be jealous.

Also, killing virtual polar bears?

****MASSIVE FACEPALM****

the27thvoice

Aug 19, 2010
Heh, McDonald's the game, they react to the word "slaughter"...how the HELL does this guy think they get the meat out of the cows? They kill them. Many at a time. In a slaughtherhouse. That's what a slaughter is, if you can't call that a slaughter you have to stop using the word completely.

Hosker said:
Is there anybody who actually takes them seriously? I certainly hope not. They shouldn't be allowed to report.
At this point, I trust Onion News Network more than Fox News...

Cridhe

May 24, 2011
If I was being paid their kind of salary to troll on national TV all day, hell yeah I'd do it too.

Denamic

Aug 19, 2009
StANDY1338 said:
Nuclear is the most safe form of energy out there? Chernobyl anyone? When was the last time a wind farm caused nuclear fallout resulting in cancers being prevolant amungst children?
Yeah, Chernobyl was a freak accident because it was understaffed, and the staff that were there were unqualified, and the reactors themselves were low quality shit that hadn't even undergone proper maintenance.
Statistically, nuclear power is still the cleanest and safest way of producing vast quantities of power.

People should really stop using chernobyl as an example when they really know nothing about it or even nuclear power in general.
Modern plants are vastly superior in every conceivable way.