Fox News Says Bulletstorm Could Make You a Rapist

Senaro

Jan 5, 2008
antipunt said:
Like, say, the fact that FBI statistics show that the rate of forcible rape has actually declined over the past two decades (along with virtually all other violent crime rates) or that FTC studies have repeatedly shown that videogame ratings have a significantly higher rate of compliance than any other entertainment medium on the market. None of these facts are in question, yet Fox continues to ignore them.
Yeah, that was my intuition as well. So what, where the heck are all these 'doctors' coming from with such obviously wrong stats? I don't get it.
From the Fox News payroll, I reckon.

theultimateend

Nov 1, 2007
The Imp said:
That chick is right about one thing though, M or 18 rated games should not be played by minors - thats the bottom line. But all the other claims are just typical FOX NEWS bullshit. Stupid right wingers and tea baggers.
Kind of a sad view since there is little to no psychological data to support the view.

But personal choice is personal choice.

My entire neighborhood played M rated games (and any other good game), half a decade in psychology seemed to support that it was harmless, and my personal anecdotal experiences have shown much the same.

Those who would be negatively effected and lash out would have done so by some other stimulus inevitably anyways. Possibly sooner had they not been distracted by the games.

Violent Games and Children reminds me of the whole Autism and Vaccines things. Utterly nutrition-less.

I'm not coming after you for sure, just digressing a bit :).

PoorCollegeLad

Feb 23, 2010
At least they're not blatantly lying about the content in the game a la Mass Effect.

That said, blatantly lying about everything else isn't the way to go either.

mik1

Dec 7, 2009
nomadic_chad said:
According to experts, there's been a steady increase in incidents of fucktardedness in America.
ACTULY according to the people who make IQ tests in order to keep a score 100 average they need to continually lower what would have been a 100 down 2 points. Because the average intelligence keeps raising.

Put that in your pipe and smoke everyone who hates the generation below them

(and by that i mean everyone)

WOPR

Aug 18, 2010
Woodsey said:
Fox News is both informative and intelligent.

See, I can make shit up too.
Dangit now I need to come up with something else witty...

okay I got it

For the last time Fox "News"! videogames with Guns in them don't make murderers
republican husbands who come home early do!

...eeh I'm sure someone will yell at me like that
*shrugs*

But seriously it's Fox News, what do you expect?

Kyman102

Apr 16, 2009
... That sound you heard was my brain up and getting a hernia from trying to process that. Then it said "Fuck this noise", crawled out of my ear, and fled to Tiajuanna.

God, I'm telling all my friends that if I ever get this paranoid about some new technology MY kids start playing, they get to punch me in the mouth. =_=; Knowing them, they'll hold me to that.

TheEndlessSleep

Sep 1, 2010
Why can the media not get over this?!?

Video games only influence your real life and make you do stuff like going out raping and killing if you're catastrophically stupid or mentally disturbed!!!

qeinar

Jul 14, 2009
well the game is not aimed at kids since it's 18+.

i like how fox just disregards the somewhat reliable numbers to just make up their own. xD

Terminal Blue

Elite Member
Legacy
Feb 18, 2010
Country
United Kingdom
This woman needs to do some fucking research..

The statistical rise of rape is largely due to a rise in victims reporting. This is extremely positive and anyone remotely involved in the issue should recognize it as such.

I wouldn't be surprised if 'psychologist and author' actually translates as the person who writes the 'which animal are you in the bedroom' quiz in the back of women's magazines.

Smooth Operator

Oct 5, 2010
Ah Fox News, they will lead us into the future with stupidity.
I know using nuclear weapon is really bad and all, but in some cases we should make an exception...

aPod

Jan 14, 2010
I like most of you, have been a gamer my whole life.
Playing games does not make me want to go out and commit murder and rape.
Frankly, it makes me not want to do anything but play more games.
I'm not sure, but i've always gotten the feeling that most people who are as into video games as myself tend to share similar mindsets.

Well, I'd love to stick around and chat but I just played Team Fortress 2 and I want to build a sentry to keep anyone from getting near my house. Where can I buy some rockets?

ZtH

Oct 12, 2010
Anarchemitis said:
sunburst313 said:
Anarchemitis said:
There are so many other things we could use game engines for apart from depiction of guns and boobs.
But why would we when we can have guns and boobs? Seems like a waste of effort to me.
The way I see it see one space gun you've seen em all.
There has yet to be a single video game that pays homage to the greatest adventure that actually happened, for example
Actually there is quite an old and difficult game titled shuttle project that does exactly that.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Space_Shuttle_Project

EDIT: Snipped your picture because it was huge.

nomadic_chad

Feb 12, 2010
mik1 said:
nomadic_chad said:
According to experts, there's been a steady increase in incidents of fucktardedness in America.
ACTULY according to the people who make IQ tests in order to keep a score 100 average they need to continually lower what would have been a 100 down 2 points. Because the average intelligence keeps raising.

Put that in your pipe and smoke everyone who hates the generation below them

(and by that i mean everyone)
Evidently, you missed the entire point of my post. It's called satire. The misspellings and grammatical errors in your post however are pure irony.

Condemned

Feb 2, 2011
Well, acording to the research I have preformed over the past 4 years, watching Fox News on a regular basis will turn you into a dumb hick.

Now if you will kindly excuse me I'm going to rape and pillage play video games.

MercurySteam

Tastes Like Chicken!
Legacy
Apr 11, 2008
Oh, Fox you impudent bastards, you.

It's a wonder that they haven't tried to link extra-gruesome and creative mass killings to BulletStorm too.