Fox Won't Share Simpsons Profits With Actors

TitanAtlas

Oct 14, 2010
So Fox's way to save something... is by killing it?...

I love how they relate gamers to bad and foul degenerates and then pull crap like this...

But honesty be taken... the simpsons kinda deserve to die for a little... and the cast needs to change for something else... the guy who did Family guy made 2 more shows... and he maitains them all, having variety to the lot..

The simpsons guy had futurama, killed it, kept with simpsons and now is in risk of losing that too... i only feel sorry for the people who work so hard to maitain the show and they're jobs...

jackanderson

Sep 7, 2008
Scrumpmonkey said:
leet_x1337 said:
We already know how mean Fox is to Joss Whedon.

eeeyup

List of things Fox can eat a bag of dicks for;

Being Fox
Raping the Simpsons
Fox news
Pimp-Handing the Cast of the Simpsons
Fucking Fox news!!!
Canceling Futurama
Being Fox
Canceling Firefly
and lastly being Fox
You forgot to add "Canceling Arrested Development" in there.

FarleShadow

Oct 31, 2008
Christ, fanboys abound! O I H8 FOX!
Companies don't care what you like, they care what sells to the *masses*, deal with it.

Oh incidentally, if they did agree to a profit sharing contract, you're saying that they get a slice of money for every episode after that point, so that's TV deals, boxsets, etc etc until the end of time.

No company in its right mind is going to do that.

moviedork

Mar 25, 2011
Scrumpmonkey said:
leet_x1337 said:
We already know how mean Fox is to Joss Whedon.

eeeyup

List of things Fox can eat a bag of dicks for;

Being Fox
Raping the Simpsons
Fox news
Pimp-Handing the Cast of the Simpsons
Fucking Fox news!!!
Canceling Futurama
Being Fox
Canceling Firefly
and lastly being Fox
You forgot the best show on Fox, Arrested Development!

LHZA

Sep 22, 2010
It's probably time the Simpsons was taken off the air but not like this. They deserve to go out on their own terms. The show isn't what is once was but in its prime it was the funniest thing on television. Also, the voice actors have done some great work, both in the past and the present. They deserve a cut of the profits. If they are willing to take up to a 70% cut, as Harry Shearer says he's willing to, then that seems more then reasonable.

emeraldrafael

Jul 17, 2010
Well done fox, way to look even more like spectacular assholes. you should feel, just so proud.

Its really sad that, regardless of what happens, Fox will continue to make money of the simpsons which they'll use to continue funding their other bullshit. this should just be a warning to every other actor/show going ot fox. dont.

Adzma

Sep 20, 2009
Harry Shearer's comments may certainly make him seem reasonable, and while everyone knows that Fox is a corrupt cesspit of money hungry fatcats, let's not forget that currently the actors are earning $8 million a season. We everyday citizens can not even dream of seeing that kind of money.

viranimus

Thread killer
Nov 20, 2009
Seventh Actuality said:
Please let this degenerate until they have no choice but to end the show. There would be literally no downside.
Except of course the massive downside of canceling a decent show for pure unadulterated crap. Honestly, I am absolutely against any sort of notion of the show being canceled, ever. The show deserves a better end than to be simply stopped. No what needs to happen is renew the show for 2 more seasons in total. Let it set the bar at 25 seasons. Make the 25th season the farewell season, and end it properly.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

It has been my experience thus far that I have yet to find someone who is able to make an argument for "The show needs to end" that doesnt consist of "Im not as old as the show, and because I grew up around the middle seasons I dislike the show and dont understand how anyone ever thought this was good, because it certainly does not appeal to my demographics sense of style and taste."

Honestly the Simpsons is animated and written better than ANYTHING Seth Mcfarlane puts forth, and they have over saturated him to death with 3 friggen shows that predominantly boil down to "Shit Seth Mcfarlane found on the Internet" and "pointless filler material and musicals"

Fox doesnt have a good track record with the fans, But the cancellations of Firefly and Arrested Development were both Justified. To cancel this show because a bunch of MEs dont get it or because Fox thinks its more important to set a new bar of greed than to let the show set a new bar for longevity would be the single greatest atrocity in televised programming history. The worst part, is that its likely to happen.