FPS Helmet Simulates The Feeling of Headshots

xitel

Assume That I Hate You.
Aug 13, 2008
Indigo_Dingo said:
xitel said:
Indigo_Dingo said:
xitel said:
Am I the only one who thinks this might get painful after a while?
After a while?

Personally, I don't need a device that will punch me in the head, I can do it myself and save several hundred dollars.
Except then you wouldn't be wearing a stupid looking helmet!
Personally, I think I'd look plenty stupid punching myself in the head. Just this way I look like a guy who wasn't stupid enough to spend several hundred dollars on it.
But if you were wearing the helmet and someone punched you in the head it wouldn't hurt.

xitel

Assume That I Hate You.
Aug 13, 2008
Indigo_Dingo said:
xitel said:
Indigo_Dingo said:
xitel said:
Indigo_Dingo said:
xitel said:
After a while?

Personally, I don't need a device that will punch me in the head, I can do it myself and save several hundred dollars.
Personally, I think I'd look plenty stupid punching myself in the head. Just this way I look like a guy who wasn't stupid enough to spend several hundred dollars on it.
But if you were wearing the helmet and someone punched you in the head it wouldn't hurt.
Why would I have enough warning to put on the helmet but still be in a position where I'm going to be punched in the head?
The point is to walk around with the helmet on all the time. Punching yourself in the head so that you're ready when someone else does it. You could even line the helmet with tinfoil to block out the satellite signals.

Meado

Apr 27, 2008
I now have a plan.
Step 1: Buy one of these for everyone who still plays Halo3 multiplayer.
Step 2: Go nuts with a battle rifle.

xitel

Assume That I Hate You.
Aug 13, 2008
Indigo_Dingo said:
xitel said:
Indigo_Dingo said:
xitel said:
Indigo_Dingo said:
xitel said:
Indigo_Dingo said:
xitel said:
After a while?

Why would I have enough warning to put on the helmet but still be in a position where I'm going to be punched in the head?
The point is to walk around with the helmet on all the time. Punching yourself in the head so that you're ready when someone else does it. You could even line the helmet with tinfoil to block out the satellite signals.
How do you know the Freemason lizard people didn't build this helmet just so they could cook your brains to perfection?
Ha, I'll show them, I'll wear two helmets! That way my brain will be a burned piece of charcoal and they will get NO enjoyment out of it!

Mar 26, 2008
I'd imagine if you got tagged by a headshot in real life you wouldn't be feeling much at all, having a large section of your brain missing and all. Mind you that sums up the target audience for this device in the first place, in my opinion.

stompy

Jan 21, 2008
Seems technology is getting us closer and closer to virtual reality (well, perceiving VR as real).

shadowfire44

Mar 12, 2008
Indigo_Dingo said:
Programmed_For_Damage said:
I'd imagine if you got tagged by a headshot in real life you wouldn't be feeling much at all, having a large section of your brain missing and all. Mind you that sums up the target audience for this device in the first place, in my opinion.
Its target ausdience are by definition PC gamers. I'll leave it at that.
Wait... What do you mean by that? Are you saying PC gamers are dumb. Or are you saying Programmed's comment is invalid because PC gamers are smart. It's just kind of... confusing to leave it at "that."

On a separate note, the vest would be pretty cool if it was cheaper, I wish I could feel where it was I was getting shot from when playing certain games. It would make it easier to run and hide so I don't die. But then again, I like to buy games, not a vest that costs well over the price of 2 games. Also, does anyone know the full list of games that it's compatible with? It does advertise "Compatible with over 20 PC games", but it helps to know what those games are if you want to make use of the damn thing.

EDIT: Hey whoa! Screw my question I found a list. The games that it can be used with are:
Call of Duty 2 and Call of Duty 4
Turning Point - Fall Of Liberty
You Are Empty
Blacksite
Bioshock
Frontlines: Fuel Of War
Rainbow Six Vegas 2
Turok
Mass Effect
F.E.A.R
Prey
TimeShift
Crysis
Unreal Tournament 3
Clive Barker's Jericho
Halflife 2: Episode 1 and 2
Medal Of Honor Airborne
Enemy Territory Quake Wars
Quake 4
Doom 3
Farcry 2
Mercenaries 2
Fable
World of Warcraft

Honestly it's a decent list, some games are unnecessary, but there are some good ones on there.

CoffeeMonkey

Oct 31, 2008
Seriously, I'd much prefer *not* to know what's it feels like, getting a bullet through my head.

I really can't imagine it being very comfortable.