Frank Miller Wants to Write Captain America

Scrythe

Premium Gasoline
Jun 23, 2009
Captain American and the Whoring Commandos?

That just doesn't seem right.

MeChaNiZ3D

Aug 30, 2011
Count me in as one of the men who just wants to watch the world burn. Never liked Captain America, he's terrible in the movies, let go with the dark and gritty just to see what people make of it.

Sniper Team 4

Apr 28, 2010
No. I will admit that I've never read a Captain America comic in my life, but I love him in the movies. I was terrified of The Winter Soldier because I was afraid they were going to try to make his character more edgy and dark. I was glad they didn't. If Miller is allowed to touch him, that is exactly what will happen, and it could end up trickling into the movies like it did with Batman and it will ruin Captain America. Don't do it Marvel. Please.

Darth_Payn

Aug 5, 2009
This has bad idea written all over it in big red letters. If we're talking 616-Cap or Movieverse-Cap, NO! HEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLL NAW! I wouldn't even let him touch UltimatE Cap, and even THAT guy's more up Miller's alley. Modern-day Miller; '80's Miller sounds like a different person now.
Jinjer said:
No, no, nonononono NOPE. Horrible, horrible idea. I didn't think it could get worse after Remender's hatchetjob of the character but this would probably even top that. Frank Miller is the last person I want to see writing Cap, it'd be a disaster of epic proportions
Wait, when did Remender mess up the character, in your opinion? In Cap's own monthly book or Uncanny Avengers? I do agree that some of the characters make some less-than-intelligent decisions, and the villains he writes sound like they make TOO MUCH SENSE. I'm not supposed to see they have a point, I'm supposed to see Cap kick their ass!

Callate

Dec 5, 2008
Do not say 'no' to Frank Miller.

Back out of the room slowly, not breaking eye contact...

Jinjer

Jun 16, 2012
Darth_Payn said:
This has bad idea written all over it in big red letters. If we're talking 616-Cap or Movieverse-Cap, NO! HEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLL NAW! I wouldn't even let him touch UltimatE Cap, and even THAT guy's more up Miller's alley. Modern-day Miller; '80's Miller sounds like a different person now.
Jinjer said:
No, no, nonononono NOPE. Horrible, horrible idea. I didn't think it could get worse after Remender's hatchetjob of the character but this would probably even top that. Frank Miller is the last person I want to see writing Cap, it'd be a disaster of epic proportions
Wait, when did Remender mess up the character, in your opinion? In Cap's own monthly book or Uncanny Avengers? I do agree that some of the characters make some less-than-intelligent decisions, and the villains he writes sound like they make TOO MUCH SENSE. I'm not supposed to see they have a point, I'm supposed to see Cap kick their ass!
http://www.therainbowhub.com/why-rick-remender-needs-to-stop/

That sums it up pretty neatly

Darth_Payn

Aug 5, 2009
Jinjer said:
Darth_Payn said:
Jinjer said:
http://www.therainbowhub.com/why-rick-remender-needs-to-stop/

That sums it up pretty neatly
OK, I did not know the Remender problem went THAT far. My issue with the guy was that his writing lacks a sense of joy, wonder, and excitement on the part of the heroes. That and [comic book nerd rant] I'm still mad at him for what he did to Secret Avengers, taking Moon Knight and War Machine off the team, throwing in Hank Pym just for Hank McCoy to yell at, and taking away everybody's license to kill, sense of enjoyment in being around each other, and the whole high-flying espionage flavor Ed Brubaker had in the book's beginning. Even he had his darker moments, but Ed understood fun! [/rant]

Norix596

Nov 2, 2010
I sometimes mix up Frank Miller and Mark Millar, so when I read the headline I was like "Oh, great time for a creepy, racist, unnuanced Arab-killing revenge fantasy". Then I read the article and realized I was thinking of the wrong guy but found out the difference isn't all the important after all.