Free Portal 2 DLC Arriving Mid-September

Son of a Mitch

Aug 7, 2011
For everyone out there that has Portal 2, check out the developer commentary on it. At one point, someone says that the white gel was originally supposed to be a gel that lets you walk on walls and ceilings. It was cut and turned into the portal surface gel, because too many people were getting motion sickness from it. However, they said that they wanted to try to include the mechanic in future DLC, so maybe this is it? Really hope so, because that sounds fucking amazing.

Kaymish

The Morally Bankrupt Weasel
Sep 10, 2008
well i suppose you can count spring as summer and its just another reason for me to think about buying portal 2

Baneat

Jul 18, 2008
-Samurai- said:
Oh, hey. It's Portal 2. I forgot about this game shortly after release.

Possibly the worst video game purchase I've made this year. At least DLC will make me pick it up again, even if for a very short while.
What other games did you buy?

Sightless Wisdom

Resident Cynic
Jul 24, 2009
More content, and for free? It's been awhile since Valve's last major DLC update(unless you count Tf2). I'm always excited by more Portal.

Hungry Donner

Henchman
Mar 19, 2009
I am quite looking forward to the single player challenge mode. The bonus challenge missions were my favorite part of Portal and they were sorely missed in Portal 2.

-Samurai-

Oct 8, 2009
Baneat said:
-Samurai- said:

Possibly the worst video game purchase I've made this year. At least DLC will make me pick it up again, even if for a very short while.
I've made over 30 PS3 game purchases this year(I picked up a second job for the sole purpose of fueling my hobbies (Games and MTG)).

It's not that Portal 2 was bad. It just has absolutely zero replay value. I knew that going in to it but bought it anyway. After the story and multiplayer is done, there's nothing left to do. So I was done with it in 2 days.

neonsword13-ops

~ Struck by a Smooth Criminal ~
Mar 28, 2011
Well, better call my buddy to tell him more frustrating puzzels are on the way.

Thanks Valve, you're awesome.

theevilgenius60

Jun 28, 2011
Echo136 said:
I still haven't played Portal 2 multiplayer. D:
Give it a try. It is quite possibly the most fun I've ever had in a multiplayer game. Just don't do it with randoms, play with friends and, for the love of God, USE A MIC! If you're anything like me, you'll need it.

Baneat

Jul 18, 2008
-Samurai- said:
Baneat said:
-Samurai- said:

I've made over 30 PS3 game purchases this year(I picked up a second job for the sole purpose of fueling my hobbies (Games and MTG)).

It's not that Portal 2 was bad. It just has absolutely zero replay value. I knew that going in to it but bought it anyway. After the story and multiplayer is done, there's nothing left to do. So I was done with it in 2 days.
I'm guessing you got the PS3 version based on the obvious but that gets you a free PC copy no? Well, there's a ton of custom maps out already which could add to the extension I guess, provided you have a decent PC

Vault boy Eddie

Feb 18, 2009
Activision saw the word free and started throwing used up papers all over the office. They didn't throw anything of value because they are cheap, 15 dollar charging for shitty maps fuckheads.

Australian Justice
Jan 30, 2010
Lillowh said:
Pfft, since when has Microsoft ever let any dlc be completely "free"
It would go under the definition of a dick move. and since PS3 PC are doing it for free, Microsoft would be fucking dumb to say it isn't free. Valves fucking smart!!!!

Iglock said:
Oh you Valve. ;)

At least it's on it's way- until then I have my newly acquired love for L4D2 to keep me occupied.
hahahaha especially with all the maps being ported over to the second game, its become the ultimate L4D game of all time.

Dr. Paine

Oct 26, 2009
Yay loopholes!

... but since I don't to XBL, I'm more interested in volume 3 of the soundtrack. -goes back to waiting-

Sniper Team 4

Apr 28, 2010
I'll believe it's out when it's actually out and available for download. Until then, I flat out REFUSE to believe anything Valve says about release dates. Anything at all.

Frostbite3789

Jul 12, 2010
Zeroandx said:
Mid September? So that means... around Mid January?
Mid January...that means late March?

OT: Yeah, Valve says lots of things. Until I have it downloaded/see it in a store, I don't believe what Valve says.

mysecondlife

Feb 24, 2011
September is NOT summer.

But this is a huge improvement in terms of short delay from original release date. Hopefully this is some sign of progress?

Jul 9, 2008
mysecondlife said:
September is NOT summer.

But this is a huge improvement in terms of short delay from original release date. Hopefully this is some sign of progress?
Well, it's technically summer until September 23, but that's a bit disingenuous. You say September, and I think early fall, not late summer.

Still, it's free, so I'm completely ok with that.

duchaked

Dec 25, 2008
hahaha good stuff...but now that I think about it, I still have a lot left to play with what Valve has released. still got a lot of L4D2 and Portal 2...and HL2 itself =.=

lol so while *I* may be as slow at playing Valve's games as they are releasing them...I couldn't help but feel a bit worried that they more they put off Ep3 the more it's gonna be like the hype before DNF (not that I'm comparing the two games/series or anything but you know the whole hype causing it to fall flat more than anything)