Free Portal 2 DLC Arriving Mid-September

llafnwod

Nov 9, 2007
That link should have been to Valve time [http://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Valve_Time].

mjc0961

YOU'RE a pie chart.
Nov 30, 2009
Sounds good, especially the free bit. Looking forward to it.

sir.rutthed said:
I find it funny that they're acting defensive about the whole summer release date thing. Nobody considers September part of the summer except this guy apparently.
Nobody but him and everyone else who knows how to read a calendar. As long as it comes out before September 23rd, it came out in summer.

GonzoGamer

Apr 9, 2008
Baneat said:
-Samurai- said:
Oh, hey. It's Portal 2. I forgot about this game shortly after release.

Possibly the worst video game purchase I've made this year. At least DLC will make me pick it up again, even if for a very short while.
What other games did you buy?
I'm imagining Dynasty Warriors Gundam, Kung Fu Panda, Splatterhouse, and Duke Nukem. He thought all those were great.

Is Episode 3 the new Duke Nukem Forever. It's just missing the really fitting subtext. They should call it Episode 3: endless or Episode 3: wakeup.

P2 is one of my favorite games of the year; glad to see I wont have to pay to get more content for the ps3 version either. Now they just have to figure out how to get the mods onto the consoles and they will officially be the coolest.

ResonanceSD

Guild Warrior
Legacy
Dec 14, 2009
Country
Australia
Brian Albert said:
I certainly understand why people are surprised. I mean, Valve is normally so good at getting <a href=http://half-life.wikia.com/wiki/Half-Life_2:_Episode_Three>additional game content out in a timely manner.

Source: <a href=http://kotaku.com/5832185/portal-2s-first-dlc-will-still-technically-arrive-this-summer>Kotaku

Do you have to pay for your TF2 updates?

Also The Escapist, we get our news from Kotaku

castlewise

Lord Fancypants
Jul 18, 2010
In case it hasn't been posted. I think it will be free for XBL. I seem to remember that companies get one free DLC and then have to start charging.

Ldude893

Apr 2, 2010
If I got my Valve Time [http://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Valve_Time] calculations right, the Portal 2 DLC will come out on November 2012.

scorptatious

The Resident Team ICO Fanboy
May 14, 2009
Huh. I actually completely forgot they ever made a promise like that. Better late than never I suppose.

Buizel91

Autobot
Aug 25, 2008
Lillowh said:
Pfft, since when has Microsoft ever let any dlc be completely "free"
That's what i was thinking...

I'm starting to wonder why we can't have the TF2 updates now...

FreakSheet

Jul 16, 2011
GonzoGamer said:
Is Episode 3 the new Duke Nukem Forever. It's just missing the really fitting subtext. They should call it Episode 3: endless or Episode 3: wakeup.

P2 is one of my favorite games of the year; glad to see I wont have to pay to get more content for the ps3 version either. Now they just have to figure out how to get the mods onto the consoles and they will officially be the coolest.
Its called Half-Life because you'll be waiting half your life for it.

Fitting enough?

TerribleAssassin

Apr 11, 2010
Woo! More Portal!

I've not really played it since I wiped my hard drive though, so I look forward to more Portals! :D:D

teisjm

Mar 3, 2009
I don't see why they even feel a need to apologize, most other companies would've charged 5-10$ for the DLC these days.

Kopikatsu

May 27, 2010
Lillowh said:
FreakSheet said:
Lillowh said:
Frankly, they have no choice. PC, Mac, and PS3 will be free, so if theirs ain't it could only be on them. (like how they didn't have cross platform with PS3, PC, and Mac)

Or maybe they'll charge Valve, and Valve will take the loss, which would be very noble on their part.
It's the latter. Microsoft ONLY allows free DLC/patches if the developer pays for it.

onewheeled

Aug 4, 2009
Woohoo, today's the first day of Autumn! That must mean that Valve fulfilled their promise, and got that Portal 2 DLC out by the time Summer ended, right??

...right?