Free Update Blowing Up Borderlands Level Cap

Last Bullet

Apr 28, 2010
Wow, that's pretty sick of them. Guess I'll put a pause on my current playthrough so the DLC don't make the main game way too easy.
fozzy360 said:
Awesome. Gives me yet another excuse to throw valuable hours at LOOTING!

On a side issue, is anyone aware how the disc with Zombie Island and Underdome Riot works? Are the expansions on the disc so you can download directly (a la the GOTY of Fallout 3) or is there a download ticket to get them online?
That actually depends, did you buy the base game on Steam or a retail disk? I'm guessing retail, in which case... not sure. Steam buyer myself. Just make sure, whichever you bought, you buy the same for DLC. Retail and Steam versions don't mix.

Chal

Aug 6, 2010
I'm more excited about them fixing the scaling so that the original zones aren't obsolete. Still, good on 'em for making this free.

Redratson

Jun 23, 2009
Wow I am very impressed with gearbox and their generosity and because of this I think I'm goin to go buy borderlands goty edition when it comes out.

mjc0961

YOU'RE a pie chart.
Nov 30, 2009
Korten12 said:
Well I best get to level 50 before then so I get the plat.
The new level cap won't change the trophy requirements. The trophy you're probably worried about is "Ding! Champion" which just says to reach level 50. You'll still be reaching level 50 regardless of if there are 19 more levels to reach or not, so it's not going to make you level up further than LV50 for the platinum trophy.

Korten12

Now I want ma...!
Aug 26, 2009
mjc0961 said:
Korten12 said:
Well I best get to level 50 before then so I get the plat.
The new level cap won't change the trophy requirements. The trophy you're probably worried about is "Ding! Champion" which just says to reach level 50. You'll still be reaching level 50 regardless of if there are 19 more levels to reach or not, so it's not going to make you level up further than LV50 for the platinum trophy.
ah well thats good to know. :) thanks for telling me.

ender214

Oct 30, 2008
That's awfully nice of them. Unfortunately it also reminded me of the sad fact that I have yet to beat Mad Moxxi's Underdome. Better get to work on that...

Siuki

Nov 18, 2009
Irridium said:

I wonder if that was intentional. Probably.
Ha Ha! I didn't notice it until you pointed it out. Very smooth joke, Gearbox.

catalyst8

Oct 29, 2008
Pielikey said:
Great, except I never play the game because it's extraordinarily unstable on ATI Graphics cards. That and Gamespy. Still, nice of gearbox to raise the cap up a bit.
There's a known problem with the ATi 10.7 update & Borderlands, especially in co-op. The Steam forum has a thread here http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1380955

WhiteTigerShiro

Sep 26, 2008
Tempting to re-download that from Steam, but I don't know if I wanna play the game through again solo. They really should implement online co-op with this game*, that would really increase the replay value of the game. Though even then all my friends are console players, which means I would have to join random pubbies.

[small](( *Yes the know the game technically has online connectivity, I was making a cynical remark about how Gearbox has still done fuck-all to fix it after the game has been out for a year. And yes, I'm aware there's way to fix it, but it involves hoops that I do not wish to, nor should have to, jump through. ))[/small]

Signa

Noisy Lurker
Legacy
Jul 16, 2008
Country
USA
WhiteTigerShiro said:
Tempting to re-download that from Steam, but I don't know if I wanna play the game through again solo. They really should implement online co-op with this game*, that would really increase the replay value of the game. Though even then all my friends are console players, which means I would have to join random pubbies.

[small](( *Yes the know the game technically has online connectivity, I was making a cynical remark about how Gearbox has still done fuck-all to fix it after the game has been out for a year. And yes, I'm aware there's way to fix it, but it involves hoops that I do not wish to, nor should have to, jump through. ))[/small]
The last patch that I updated to has no issues, and my network setup is quite strange, so the original build pretty much didn't work at all for me.

OT: I'm dismayed at this, the level 61 cap broke the skill tree for me. There is no longer a need to choose which skills you want because you get all the good ones already. I didn't need another 19 (21 if you count Mad Moxxie) to fill the third tree.

Zer_

Rocket Scientist
Feb 7, 2008
Am I the only one here who found Borderlands to be completely mediocre? I mean the co-op component is fun, but I thoroughly found myself getting bored to death after a while. And I made it to level 30+ to boot, so you can't say I didn't give the game a chance.

Yeah it has some charm, but cripes, charm alone can't keep me interested in the game.

The controls were shoddy to say the least. It felt like I was running through molasses using an old ball-mouse for pete's sake.

Yeah okay enough about my rant. I rather like Gearbox as a dev, though. Nice of them to increase the level cap for those who didn't spend their hard earned cash on the DLC.

Plinglebob

Team Stupid-Face
Nov 11, 2008
Zer_ said:
Am I the only one here who found Borderlands to be completely mediocre? I mean the co-op component is fun, but I thoroughly found myself getting bored to death after a while. And I made it to level 30+ to boot, so you can't say I didn't give the game a chance.
I made it to level 25 before getting bored with it. Thankfully I got it in a Steam sale so only spent about £10 so I got my monies worth, but its definitely a game that would be more fun co-op.

ultimateownage

This name was cool in 2008.
Feb 11, 2009
Great, so now I have to play the game over THREE times to max out the level cap. Fuck off, Gearbox, and make some fucking content for your game. They raise the level cap on MMO's, because there's ENOUGH CONTENT TO LEVEL UP WITH!

WhiteTigerShiro

Sep 26, 2008
Signa said:
WhiteTigerShiro said:

The last patch that I updated to has no issues, and my network setup is quite strange, so the original build pretty much didn't work at all for me.
I suppose I can give it a fair shot then. Last I'd heard a couple weeks ago they still hadn't fixed the port forwarding issues, but perhaps I was misinformed. Though it does still leave me with the issue of having to play pub games. *Shudder*

Aphex Demon

Aug 23, 2010
scotth266 said:
Good show by Gearbox. Now all they have to do is make the final boss worth killing [http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash1/hs268.ash1/19553_1348421317515_1440784922_30967803_3350699_n.jpg] ;)
Agree completely.

Im also really glad Gearbox have pursued in making the game all the more awesomer' too.