Noisy Lurker
Legacy
Jul 16, 2008
Country
USA
WhiteTigerShiro said:
Signa said:
WhiteTigerShiro said:
Tempting to re-download that from Steam, but I don't know if I wanna play the game through again solo. They really should implement online co-op with this game*, that would really increase the replay value of the game. Though even then all my friends are console players, which means I would have to join random pubbies.

[small](( *Yes the know the game technically has online connectivity, I was making a cynical remark about how Gearbox has still done fuck-all to fix it after the game has been out for a year. And yes, I'm aware there's way to fix it, but it involves hoops that I do not wish to, nor should have to, jump through. ))[/small]
The last patch that I updated to has no issues, and my network setup is quite strange, so the original build pretty much didn't work at all for me.
I suppose I can give it a fair shot then. Last I'd heard a couple weeks ago they still hadn't fixed the port forwarding issues, but perhaps I was misinformed. Though it does still leave me with the issue of having to play pub games. *Shudder*
Yeah, last time I played, I did online with some friends and no port forwarding had to be done. My PC runs its network connection through another PC because I wanted a gigabit connection between them, and only the other computer has 2 network cards. With the original build of the game, in order to play, I had to spend a half hour port forwarding AND be running Hamachi with the friend just to connect to an ONLINE game. Lan games didn't work for some reason despite being on a virtual lan together.

DemanRisu

Sep 7, 2010
For what it's worth, the level cap has always been at 69, though it's been locked at 61 since General Knoxx.

How do I know this, you ask?

You can modify your save to change missions completed, hack in weapons, etc... you can also change the level. My Roland is currently level 69 with full XP and no glitches ingame (even the enemies in Mad Moxxi's are level 69).

The Rockerfly

Dec 31, 2008
So does everyone get it or are you required to buy all the other dlc because I have 2 pieces and I am not interested in the other two pieces

LandoCristo

Apr 2, 2010
Never played Borderlands, but looking at this, and what they're doing for DNF, I'm liking what I see. I don't mean to sound like a cheapass, but I like developers that care enough about the player to add content on for free, and not sell it to you in one down payment of $50, and then four yearly payments of $19.99 after that.

f0re1gn

DON'T PANIC
Jan 21, 2009
Does anyone know, if I can pre-order the GOTY from somewhere?

OT: The idea is great)))

Abedeus

Sep 14, 2008
How about they remove the God damn DRM from the game, then I might reconsider buying the expansions.

zombiesinc

One day, we'll wake the zombies
Mar 29, 2010
Okay, I'm getting sick of waiting... I bought the latest DLC, but have resisted playing until I get my damn update! I don't wanna wait anymore. >.<

KnowYourOnion

Jul 6, 2009
ultimateownage said:
Great, so now I have to play the game over THREE times to max out the level cap. Fuck off, Gearbox, and make some fucking content for your game. They raise the level cap on MMO's, because there's ENOUGH CONTENT TO LEVEL UP WITH!

Chill out old boy!!!
It's not like they're forcing you to play to the highest level!!
and by the way of content do you mean 3 or 4 expansion packs they actually have made?