French Bees Create Blue Honey After Raiding M&M's Factory

Scars Unseen

^ ^ v v < > < > B A
May 7, 2009
So we're talking about refined petroleum products making their way into the food chain of a major pollinator species? Yeah, that will work out just fine, I'm sure.

Gilhelmi

The One Who Protects
Oct 22, 2009
I agree, it wont sell.

See, most people in the "home-grown" honey market, are not looking for novelty colors. They are looking for normal, not-factory anything, honey.

Nope, the dirty-hippies will not buy it.

Akisa

Jan 7, 2010
Gilhelmi said:
I agree, it wont sell.

See, most people in the "home-grown" honey market, are not looking for novelty colors. They are looking for normal, not-factory anything, honey.

Pfft just label it iHoney and the hippies will buy it. Heck, you can poop and name it iCrap and they'll buy it if you make it shiny enough.

Olrod

Feb 11, 2010
$Ka-CHING!$

I see a new business opportunity for Bee farms that use "processes candy sugar" instead of nectar to new and usual colours of honey.

Now all I have to do is think up a catchy name...

Eri

The Light of Dawn
Feb 21, 2009
Not sellable? Is he retarded? Color has no bearing on whether something passes inspection standards.

Evil Smurf

Admin of Catoholics Anonymous
Nov 11, 2011
Andy Shandy said:
Time to bring out one of my favourite GIFs.

Also, I'd love to have different colour honey.
that is the best gif on the Internet.

Bee keeper, shut up and take my money!

Gilhelmi

The One Who Protects
Oct 22, 2009
Akisa said:
Gilhelmi said:
I agree, it wont sell.

Pfft just label it iHoney and the hippies will buy it. Heck, you can poop and name it iCrap and they'll buy it if you make it shiny enough.
That is not true. No, no it can not be true. NOOO ITS NOT TRUE.

My God, it it is true. Is it not? NOOO, no the hippies might be, well hippies, but they are not stupid.

They are human what does that tell you? Darn it, that is a fair point. Most humans are stupid too some extent.

Akisa

Jan 7, 2010
Gilhelmi said:
Akisa said:
Gilhelmi said:
I agree, it wont sell.

My God, it it is true. Is it not? NOOO, no the hippies might be, well hippies, but they are not stupid.

They are human what does that tell you? Darn it, that is a fair point. Most humans are stupid too some extent.
Too be fair human are stupid regardless of demographics. For example

PC gamer accepts DRM, non resealable games
Xbox, paying for multiplayer that is traditionally free.

I leave the populous to determine ps3 and wii

toapat

Mar 28, 2009
i can see why he is pissed, but honestly? why not slap a 100E label on it and sell it for the lulz. Its not significantly different, considering its just Suger+Water+Food dye instead of plantsperm.

ill have to ask my comp teacher wednesday about this though

Gilhelmi

The One Who Protects
Oct 22, 2009
Akisa said:
Gilhelmi said:
Akisa said:
Gilhelmi said:
I agree, it wont sell.

Too be fair human are stupid regardless of demographics. For example

PC gamer accepts DRM, non resealable games
Xbox, paying for multiplayer that is traditionally free.

I leave the populous to determine ps3 and wii
I just enjoy pretending that someone, somewhere, in a Galaxy far far away, is in fact, not stupid.

I know I will never find them (except in the Lord Jesus Christ) but I must keep imagining.

Shinsei-J

Prunus Girl is best girl!
Apr 28, 2011
I think Mike should try monetize this as one of "Mike's million dollar ideas".

-Dragmire-

King over my mind
Mar 29, 2011
That looks like it'd make an amazing topping for decorative pastries. I wonder if the nutrition is the same so it could be some healthy food coloring.

Skeleon

Nov 2, 2007
He probably doesn't want to sell it because it is "artificial" because his bees took it from an industrial plant. It doesn't qualify as proper honey as honey is supposed to be based on nectar.
But, hell, just sell it as something else. He's sure to find customers even if he calls it "sweet food colour infused bee spit". I wouldn't mind buying a jar of blue bee spit myself, actually.

sleeky01

Jan 27, 2011
I have a suspicion that the Beekeeper doesn't want to sell the colored honey to avoid any legal entanglements with Mars incorporated. No not the planet, the company.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mars,_Incorporated

Because if Monsanto can sue a farmer for infringement when seed accidentally blew onto his field Mars could make a case for the new honey and claim ownership.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monsanto_Canada_Inc._v._Schmeiser

RaNDM G

Apr 28, 2009
I am surprised Mars doesn't jump in on this. Colored honey in M&M jars would bank with Moms everywhere.

Sir Bee

Oct 9, 2012
Jack Rascal said:
I wonder if the bees themselves noticed this... Was there one bee wondering "am I the only one thinking something's different?"
That was an amazing find, I mean I thought I was tripping nectar. But it was the best tasting stuff ever and it made my honey look weird. I would do that shit again.

AnnaIME

Empress of Baked Goods
Dec 15, 2009
Suspicious.

The jars in the picture show nice, clean colours.

Did the bees only eat one colour per hive? How advanced of them, not to mix.

Elementary - Dear Watson

RIP Eleuthera, I will miss you
Nov 9, 2010
I wouldn't buy it...

Not because it is in cool colours... because the colours rule...
Not because it tastes bad... because honey is awesome...

No... I wouldn't buy it because it is French... and I am British... and therefore it would be morally wrong for me to buy it...

I am also from the South West of England... and we have enough of our own epic honey...! :D