French TV Show Creates Bin Laden/Mario Parody

beema

Aug 19, 2009
The part where the mushroom turns Bush in to Obama was hilarious.
hahaha
this was great

Kenjitsuka

Sep 10, 2009
The best part for me is that a big powerup turns Bush into Obama.
It's so true, genius!

harvz

Jun 20, 2010
i am so sick of people doing the whole "i'm *someone who this is a sore spot for* and im offended"

lighten up and loose the over-sensitivity. stop saying "too soon", i can assure you that the germans dont feel any better about WWII now than in 1945 and they tolerate every form of medium (ie, books, movies, games, etc.) having them as the bad guys. it was funny.

EvilPicnic

Sep 9, 2009
Reallink said:
This pretty much trivializes the whole war. I'm opposed to the whole war, but a lot of people died.

Too soon guys. Too soon
Not at all.

As satire I think it makes a valid point. And which 'whole war' were you referring to? I don't think a manhunt constitutes a war...

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
Despite usually being against this sort of thing, I find my self approving of this one.

I mean, how can you not laugh at a powerup mushroom turning Bush into Obama?

cfehunter

Oct 5, 2010
Hey the extra credits guys are getting through, gameification of everything including politics :p

Seriously though, gameing based satire of a serious and current issue? well played france, well played.

Arctarus'sCookie

May 9, 2011
Normally I would say something like "Isn't this a little too soon?", but seeing how last week the internet was FLOODED with Osama related articles, memes, and forums, ect. I'm going to say that I found it amusing, but It could have had more bob-ombs. Just saying.

Falseprophet

Jan 13, 2009
Reallink said:
This pretty much trivializes the whole war. I'm opposed to the whole war, but a lot of people died.

Too soon guys. Too soon
You could tell everyone who was making Godzilla jokes hours after the Japanese tsunami the same thing, eh?

VitusPrime

Sep 26, 2008
...All I can think is maybe the french were a bit to...immature about this? War isn't a game after all...

Covarr

PS Thanks
May 29, 2009
cfehunter said:
Hey the extra credits guys are getting through, gameification of everything including politics :p
Methinks someone didn't understand the gamification episode. It's about applying game mechanics to non-game situations, not just making a parody that blends the two.

I was unimpressed. Between the unevenly-sized pixels, physics that didn't even resemble the Mario games, music used in the wrong places (flagpole music at the end of a castle, for example), pretty much random mix of sprites from different eras that normally wouldn't go together, and sprites turning diagonal in a way they couldn't on a real 8-bit or 16-bit machine, this is nothing that I haven't seen on Newgrounds about a million times.

P.S. Thanks

Sabinfrost

Mar 2, 2011
Too soon? Ah well, bin there, done that.

Loved the Bush transformation, very clever video.

Olikunmissile

Jul 16, 2008
teebeeohh said:
satire is just so much more funny when it hits close enough for somebody to be offended by it.
That was delicious.

Let the rage flow!

Falseprophet said:
Reallink said:

Too soon guys. Too soon
You could tell everyone who was making Godzilla jokes hours after the Japanese tsunami the same thing, eh?
+1 Internet.

Chrinik

May 8, 2008
Nice, i liked it.
But the german satire show "Extra-3" had an Idea like that a while ago called "Super Kim", which mocked North Korea, it´s policies and the nuclear arms race, and how nuclear weapons are the only thing preventing sudden invasion by the west.
"Now with Multiplayer! With the Sudan, Iran, and many others. And if someone doesn´t have the Bomb, well, you can always share yours with him...hhhhmmmm Cognac!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fiJRcLtsuq4

Madara XIII

Sep 23, 2010
Scarim Coral said:
I had a great laugh at the American mushroon turned him into Obama. Still why was it Koopa soldier attacking the door instead of Toad soilder? Overall I though it was funny (at the parody).
Same, I busted out laughing at the artillery bit and Obama transformation as well.

This is by far my favorite french thing....EVER

Arfreid

Aug 13, 2009
I am not American, but I understand why that guy had to go. Even so maybe I find this outside the boundaries of good taste.

I'm trying to like this but I just can't.