French TV Show Creates Bin Laden/Mario Parody

Blade Chunk

Feb 2, 2010
At least when Bush changed to Obama it wasn't a can of black face...

I'm just not sure what to say, it was slightly amusing, but French so I have a disliking to at the start.

Sikachu

Apr 20, 2010
FogHornG36 said:
first part, super offensive, second part, super funny.
Yeah, I guess it is super offensive to make light of three thousand people dying, but hundreds of thousands is super funny. I think that posts like yours should carry mod wrath, you make places like this very unpleasant for people who aren't ridiculously blinkered American supremacists.

FogHornG36

Jan 29, 2011
Snowalker said:
FogHornG36 said:
Umm, I don't follow, it seems your indicating that while Mario was Bush it was offensive, yet while it was Obama it was funny...

or am I misunderstanding?
By the first part, i ment the start were bin laden flys the bowser thing into the buildings, that its totally offensive, a lot of innocent people died that day, they didn't even know why, or who did it.

The rest is making shit out of politics and war

Sikachu said:
Yeah, I guess it is super offensive to make light of three thousand people dying, but hundreds of thousands is super funny. I think that posts like yours should carry mod wrath, you make places like this very unpleasant for people who aren't ridiculously blinkered American supremacists.
Why don't you cry a little harder flower child

Devil's Due

Sep 27, 2008
Calbeck said:

Pretty much says it all.
That is the most awesome picture I've probably ever seen, and I'm saving that.

As for the thread: I'm not sure if I like it, but the transformation scene was hilarious indeed. But that's really all that France is good for: laughter. :) Just kidding, friends.

Mahorfeus

Feb 21, 2011
Inb4 people hate on the French for no apparent reason... Wait, am I too late? Crap.

Well, it was funny, regardless of the 9/11 thing. That's just how satire works.

Reallink

Feb 17, 2011
Reallink said:
This pretty much trivializes the whole war. I'm opposed to the whole war, but a lot of people died.

Too soon guys. Too soon
To quote myself to address the people who quoted me, this is actually just my opinion, and didn't need to be targeted at others.

I think that in being opposed to war, I really can't make light of the situation. Saying that killing is wrong and then making light of it would be hypocritical. So its just a personal thing.

The mushroom from Bush to Obama is gold though

antipunt

Jan 3, 2009
I'm usually pretty political insensitive (unintentionally).

For example, I made fun of the crocodile hunter (killed by a sting ray) too soon. It wasn't even a direct thing, I just said "watch out for stingrays" to my friend who was going to the beach. There was a huge awkward silence.

Long story short, I have a thing or to to learn about this 'too soon' thing -__- . My brain hurts; ain't my specialty

~

My reaction during the mushroom scene: "wait hold on, Bush didn't kill Bin Laden...what the hell is... OHHhhh, OK, lol"

Nieroshai

Aug 20, 2009
This was bland, but meh, at least it didn't bash Bush. Sure there's the thing about a lot of bombing, but that did kind of happen. Also the titles made tiny almost nonexistant jabs. Also, it tells the audience that Bush was indeed on the hunt.

It's mediocre, could have had better execution or at least better video quality. It didn't HAVE to look like it was filmed off of a CRT television through a cheap camcorder.

Nieroshai

Aug 20, 2009
Mahorfeus said:
Inb4 people hate on the French for no apparent reason... Wait, am I too late? Crap.

Well, it was funny, regardless of the 9/11 thing. That's just how satire works.
If satire isn't allowed to be irreverent, we're all doomed.

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
Mhmm...nope.

Not offended, just...it's inaccurate. You see, Bush was completely ineffective in this endeavor, so he should've lost a few lives and screwed up more. Just calling it as I see it.

Sikachu

Apr 20, 2010
FogHornG36 said:
Why don't you cry a little harder flower child
Not crying at all and neither am I a hippy you pathetic excuse for a human being. I just have the benefit of not being brainwashed (or else very hard of thinking) like you who values 3,000 American lives more than 100,000 of anyone else's lives. You are a pathetic embarrassment to yourself and your countrymen, and it's because of people like you that the whole rest of the world hates your country.

Max_imus

Jul 8, 2010
Wow, the people who can't take some satire...

It's a bit heavy-handed, I give you that, but overall, I think parody and satire are good means to handle traumatic events. And the whole War on Terror was traumatic, for many countries.

It shouldn't go too far, obviously, but as long as people jumping out of the Twin Towers or innocent Afghani civilians aren't made fun of, go for it.

Knytemare

Aug 28, 2009
Support for what?
911 or the war?
After 911 america had the support of the world. The way haiti did or Japan when disaster strikes.
But when you started invading other countries and dropping missiles on people. Then some of us stopped supporting. I mean, Iraq? Really?
Did we all forget that they LIED, and there were no WMD's.

Parody, satire and political discussion of this kind do not trivialize war, world politics or death.
They are an important way for the world to discuss its problems.

And one of our problems, right now, in the world, is the USA and its excessive use of force.