From a scale of 1 to 10, how is my top ten games of all time?

Sajuuk-khar

Oct 31, 2009
I dont't know. None of those listed are bad games I guess. Your taste isn't same as mine though, I'd only pick SSBM for my own top 10 (tons of fun yes; haven't played Brawl).

Pokemon R/B is deserving I guess, although one might also argue for G/S improving things. OoT is okay, but of the 3D Zelda's my favourite is WW (but I still wouldn't list it). SA2 was often very fun, yet also very flawed (and sometimes not fun): not my favourite platformer but it is my favourite Sonic game. Haven't played Limbo nor Alan Wake yet. I own ToS, yet haven't played it more than 10 minutes (yeah sorry haven't really tried either, lol). Even as mainly a PC-gamer I have to admit I really enjoyed HaloCE. Technically I guess it isn't as 'good' or sophisticated as others, but it was fun and simple. Didn't like Halo 2 as much, haven't played 3 yet). I wouldn't top 10 list LTTP, but it's good. Pikmin 2 is the odd one on the list, it's fun so I guess if you really enjoyed it. There's not much to compare P2 to, except for Overlord (Pikmin x Dungeon Keeper) I guess.

There does seem to be a rather large amount of Nintendo games on that list. Not to say that's bad: on mine there'd be a PC dominance. Have you played lot's of classics for other platforms as well?

Hey, it's your favourites though, not objectively the best games of all time. It's all good and fun games, good list mate.

Twilight_guy

Sight, Sound, and Mind
Nov 24, 2008
I think it was... blue... blue with shades of red.

Seriously, you want people to give their opinion on your opinion? Opinions can't be judged, they simply are. These games are your favorite, acknowledge it, love it, and then tell the world.

YogSothoth

Jul 21, 2011
i would go more like...
10- Fable 1
9- Klonoa (Door to Phantomile)
8- Tai Fu, Wrath of the Tiger
7- Timesplitters 3
6- Prince of Persia 2
5- Prince of Persia (NOT the reboot)
4- Devil May Cry 3
3- TES Morrowind
2- TES Oblivion
1- WoW

The Virgo

Jul 21, 2011
I don't know if someone has said this before me, but asking people what they think of your top ten games is a little ridiculous. Why do need our input of your favorite games?

If they are your favorite games, then go with that. You don't need my approval to enjoy them.

cubikill

Apr 9, 2009
I wouldn't rate, top ten lists are completely subjective, and if those are your ten favorite games ever then cool. As for what i think of the games there are all quality games, but they'er not my top ten. So 10 out of 10, because my opinion is meaningless, and its your list.

ThatDaveDude1

Feb 7, 2011
Of those 10, only 1 actually shows up on my hypothetical top ten list, so I suppose I would have to give you a 1 out of 10.

I like all of these games (with the hypothetical exception of Alan Wake, since I haven't played it), I just happen not to think that most of them are top ten material.

Link to the Past is the one I gave you credit for, by the way.

Dreiko_v1legacy

Aug 28, 2008

Sorry bro, too much nostalgia coupled with halo and what I could describe as a criminal lack of the persona series, Ico, Okami, hell even Metal Gear Solid....why alan wake?

Oh and why Mellee...have you even given Guilty Gear: Accent core a shot? Please do, please please please give GG a shot before deeming fighters good or bad.

edit: I just saw someone with my avatar in this thread...imitation is the grandest form of flattery eh? :D

icame

Aug 4, 2010
A 3. Many of the games you list I despise, while I like some. You gained an extra point for having pikmin 2 in there...

face_head_mouth

Sep 16, 2010
If you're asking me to tell you how close your list would be to my own...then I would give you about a 3. No action games, no survival horror, only one RPG, most of the games are from the last 2 generations, no Mario (but yet Halo, Smash Bros. and a 3D Sonic game?) - my own list would be very different. Having said that, I'm glad you bothered to provide explanations for all your picks; it would be a bit harder to justify your list without the context your commentary provided.

Probably half those games are considered classics, though - it's not a bad list, objectively.

EDIT: "No survival horror" Whoops. Alan Wake certainly is survival horror, and Limbo is pretty horrific in its own way. Okay, your list gets a 5.

Omnific One

Apr 3, 2010
I can agree with only one, even if I haven't played it. Ocarina of Time.

So yeah, sorry, but a 1.

I mean seriously, no Deus Ex, Half Life 2, Bioshock, etc? You have got to be kidding. Halo's a good FPS and Alan Wake was original, but top 10 material? No way.

thedevilscousin

Nov 14, 2010
Dude, just don't ask. I bet almost everyone's top 10 here is different and yours is... Well kinda unique, I like most of the games there and 3 of them are on my top 10. But if i'd have to give you that damn grade, i'll give you a 9 for some good choices.

katsumoto03

Feb 24, 2010

You really conveyed your opinions well in this list. Reading it tells us not only what games are your favourite, but why. Very well written and informative.

Linsenman

Jul 2, 2011
Go Alan Wake. I agree with that one to the max. The original Pokemon as well. I agree with of few of your choices, not others. I would say that maybe three of these would be on my own list. But they are your favorite an no one else's.

Radoh

Bans for the Ban God~
Jun 10, 2010
I was starting to doubt your taste in games, but then I saw that you had Tales of Symphonia in it so 10.

onewheeled

Aug 4, 2009
>5 of the games are Nintendo games
>5 of the games
>5 of 10
>HALF

FANBOY! 1/10

I kid, I kid, haha. While there are some... interesting choices in that list, I haven't played the majority of them, so I can't really comment. Seems like a solid list, though.

Thundero13

Mar 19, 2009
Rating someone else's favourite games? Umm, ok, I guess... 7? yeh that sounds about right... actually no 8, yes you get an 8, but this excercise still seems silly to me
If you'e wondering why I gave you an 8 it's because all those games are either good (not all of these are the best though), I haven't played them or Pikmin 2, awful, awful game

Bakuryukun

Jul 12, 2010
I would say a 7

I don't really agree with your picks and placements, but overall the games you picked are high quality stuff and there's enough genre variation to suggest you have a good and well-rounded attitude towards the medium.

lol @ "I don't agree so you get a 0" and "I like that one game on this list so 11/10"