From Dust- OH MY GOD GAME

Nmil-ek

Dec 16, 2008
Oh god fucking damn it I was hoping this would be shit, why?

Fucking Ubisoft, here enjoy an innovative idea from a fantastic creative mind OH! We forgot enjoy the drakonian DRM aswell.

Delusibeta

Reachin' out...
Mar 7, 2010
RPS confirms [http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2010/08/17/chahis-project-dust-heading-to-steam/] PC port for digital distributors.

Sonicron

Do the buttwalk!
Mar 11, 2009
Strangely enough, Black & White is not the first thing that popped up in my mind upon watching this tech demo. Instead, it instantly reminded me of a fun little management sim called Startopia. In that game you are the admin of a huge circular space station with three vertical levels, the uppermost of which is the bio deck; here you can shape the terrain, mess with water levels and dick around with temperature and humidity levels to your heart's content and to see what useful plants grow under which conditions (that is, if you have a few purple-skinned multi-armed farmer hippy aliens on your payroll to do agricultural work for you). The crude but fun nature editor of Startopia appears to be a distinct ancestor of the one used in From Dust... I'll keep my eyes on this one.

Nin9Worlds

Jun 7, 2010
This game was presented in E3 as Project Dust, and is the first game after a long 12 year hiatus from the Awesome Lord of Awesome Gaming Monsieur Eric Chahi, best known for the game Another World, released by Delphine Software in 1991 for the Amiga. Before Another World he developed the graphics on Future Wars, featured in Extra Punctuation, when discussing time travel mechanics in games. Chahi also developed several games during the 80's, the most recognizable being Infernal Runner).

Eric Chahi stated that Dust will be a spiritual sucessor to Populous, and i believe that the player will be able to change the landscape to help the humanoids to migrate and expand their population. He also has stated that vulcanic activity will have a major role in the game, wich is not surprising since Chahi has had a manifest interest in vulcanos, having a body of photographic work about that subject.

I believe we can expect something special from this game, since this man is a legend, cited as an influence by designers such as Hideo Kojima and Fumito Ueda (Team Ico).

I can't wait!!!

CalCD

Aug 5, 2010
As long as the game lets me do all the stuff seen in that tech demo, I will be very happy - Who wants to see a lava Tsunami?

Nin9Worlds

Jun 7, 2010
Just found out this recent interview where Chahi explains in detail From Dust, check it out.

http://www.next-gen.biz/features/interview-eric-chahi?page=0%2C0