FTL: Faster Than Light - Advanced Edition Out Now - Update

V da Mighty Taco

Apr 9, 2011
NuclearKangaroo said:
V da Mighty Taco said:
NuclearKangaroo said:
just had my first game after the patch, man the game is soooo much better now, just being able to know how each area of the sector is conected, huge game changer
Um... it was already like that beforehand. With the lines and all that jazz. Did you not know about that option in the options menu? (No offense intended, unless you hate waffles of course)
no, i cant imagine why that option would be turned off by default
Gotta agree there. It's faaaar too useful of a UI element to have off at all, let alone to have it off by default. Glad to hear that they finally fixed that, at least.

Moloch Sacrifice

Aug 9, 2013
Shamanic Rhythm said:
I played the new Lanius cruiser and it was awesome. My first thoughts were that the weapon loadout and crewmembers made it OP: then I realised there was no medbay. Yikes..
The Lanius cruiser has the cloning bay. this means your crew can be endlessly ressurrected unless it's deactivated, at the cost of skill points and only being able to heal a little bit between jumps.

rodneyy

humm odd
Sep 10, 2008
a fun thing you can do with the mind control is teleporting enemy crew members back to your ship. when they are under its effects they act like any other member of your crew you get them back to your ship they run stright to a system and start manning it until it runs out then turn hostile again.

not done much with it but could be a fun way to isolate crew members to be picked off alone.

the change to sensors is handy its a little cheaper to upgrade but 3rd level no longer gives full ship systems it gives you weapons charge and need to man it to get the old level 3 info. also with the ability to man it can leave at level 1 and take a peak into their ship at the start of a battle see who they are then redeploy the crew member to something more useful.

hanging around and letting the fleet catch up to you is more of a problem now as those Cruisers in the background now fire at you.

im not sure if they had buffed the ships stats or in the older version the crew manning a station didnt have any effect but even on normal i found early level ships (sector 1-2) with very high evasion. it might have been just super bad luck but on several occasions ive had ships looking like they had a good 30% dodge.

some nice new aguments. dont think ive seen them all but the one that lets you teleport through zoltan shields is handy. also looks like the zoltan ship quest gives a bit more than a bit of scrap if you do it again. seeing my mantis ship with a green shield round it was nice so guess its a bit more like the rockman quest now.

still playing on normal for the moment tried out hard and its really hard and want to get the hang of the new stuff before really going for it.
its the same game but with just enough changed to mean you need to relearn tactics and ways to deal with encounters. some of the new random events seem fun as well those will take a while to see all.

Shamanic Rhythm

Dec 6, 2009
Moloch Sacrifice said:
Shamanic Rhythm said:
I played the new Lanius cruiser and it was awesome. My first thoughts were that the weapon loadout and crewmembers made it OP: then I realised there was no medbay. Yikes..
The Lanius cruiser has the cloning bay. this means your crew can be endlessly ressurrected unless it's deactivated, at the cost of skill points and only being able to heal a little bit between jumps.
I know, and I don't think I like it as a replacement. Skillful management of the medbay can keep everyone alive during boarding, while the loss of skill points will become a serious pain. You need every bit of +evasion you can get versus the flagship.

Shamanic Rhythm

Dec 6, 2009
Chromatic Aberration said:
[ul][li]Harder Boss: yes if you thought that thing was already hard, think again: level one now also hacks you and the layout has been changed slightly so that the crew has access and can repair the missile and laser system. Annoying. Got quickly shot down at level two so can't comment on the other levels yet.[/li][/ul]
Mother of God.

Going to have to develop a whole new battleplan if they can access the missile launcher...

chozo_hybrid

What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets.
Jul 15, 2009
I hope something has been done about making the Crystal ship more obtainable, I've put my share of time into it, got the Crystal crew member, had almost all the stuff happen and then for half the game, no Rock home worlds, so no completing my quest >_<

I know it's a rogue-like, and I love the game, this is my only real gripe with it.

Shamanic Rhythm said:
Chromatic Aberration said:
[ul][li]Harder Boss: yes if you thought that thing was already hard, think again: level one now also hacks you and the layout has been changed slightly so that the crew has access and can repair the missile and laser system. Annoying. Got quickly shot down at level two so can't comment on the other levels yet.[/li][/ul]
Mother of God.

Going to have to develop a whole new battleplan if they can access the missile launcher...
Oh crap... That is not good, I have yet to beat this game on normal, got to the final boss, have defeated it on easy, but man... I'm going to have to get better and be luckier.