Fuck you Microsoft.

Belgian_Waffles

Jan 24, 2010
Dear Microsoft,
Fuck You.
Seriously, I had my Xbox fixed three months ago and lo and behold it breaks again, ON THE GOD DAMNED GEARS OF WAR 3 BETA!
I have to miss this because of your shoddy, third-rate development standards, no go to hell that's inexcusable.
I bought the Epic edition of Bulletstorm just so I could be guaranteed a spot in your beta, extra money just so I could play a game that SHOULD be out right now but you pushed back because you wanted more money towards the holiday season.
Oh in that case fuck you too Epic.
The Red ring of death is on the top of list of worst things you've ever allowed to exist, you don't even bother trying to fix it you just give the absolute ludicrous excuse of "Hurr Durr, things break."
Hell no I've had both my PS3, Wii, and DS for that amount of time and they all work fine, hell my DS phat still runs when I turn it on. You know how long I've had that? Since day one!
At least I'll have time to play with quality games on systems that fucking do what they were built and sold to do.
Hello Portal 2 and hello Mortal Kombat.

P.S. while we're ranting Escapist make more than 20% of your Captcha's readable.

Edit: My NES, SNES and N64 still work as well, WTF?!

RedEyesBlackGamer

The Killjoy Detective returns!
Jan 23, 2011
I've had mine for 2 and a half years. I'm worried it'll die any day now. They did release a shoddy piece of equipment. I have a NES that still runs for Pete's sake!

Belgian_Waffles

Jan 24, 2010
RedEyesBlackGamer said:
I've had mine for 2 and a half years. I'm worried it'll die any day now. They did release a shoddy piece of equipment. I have a NES that still runs for Pete's sake!
Me too, fucking hell. What's wrong with Microsoft.

LostCrusader

Lurker in the shadows
Feb 3, 2011
Just wondering, how many repairs have you needed for your 360? I've had mine since release and have had to send it in twice.

Gxas

Sep 4, 2008
I replaced mine once, my new one is running fine. If it ends up dying, I'll nab myself a slim. Am I upset? A little bit. Is there anything I can do? No, hence why I don't complain and haven't complained. If it doesn't help, then I don't do it. If you're really so upset with them, don't buy another console. But, I know you will, and Microsoft will make a small bit of profit off of you, rendering your complaints here moot.

GideonB

Jul 26, 2008
Belgian_Waffles said:
RedEyesBlackGamer said:
They forgot cooling was an important part of making a console live for longer.

Lost In The Void

When in doubt, curl up and cry
Aug 27, 2008
My bet to have people take you a little more seriously, would be to

A. Work on your language skills beyond curses; its fine to swear I'll be the first person to say that, but when half your rant is swears [thats hyperbole for you if you don't notice] it loses the point and makes you look like a little angry kid and we have enough of those on the internet

B. Format a little better; not every sentence needs to start as a new paragraph

Anyways onto your actual topic, my 360's been going since day 1 and I'm quite lucky in that respect I'm sure. Anyways its unfortunate that yours went down at such a time, hope you enjoy your alternate games at least.

Dec 14, 2009
GideonB said:
Belgian_Waffles said:
RedEyesBlackGamer said:
They forgot cooling was an important part of making a console live for longer.
I can just picture MS's R&D department now...

"Why! Why does the console keep melting!"
"I think it's an issue with the cooling system, sir"
"You're right, it's not hot enough."
"Well, no sir, that's not what I-"
"MOAR FIRE!"

teh_Canape

May 18, 2010
Belgian_Waffles said:
My NES, SNES and N64 still work as well, WTF?!
said it before, I'll say it again

pure forged Nintendium will stand through the hardest of nuclear strikes for the rest of eternity

^-^

Belgian_Waffles

Jan 24, 2010
Lost In The Void said:
My bet to have people take you a little more seriously, would be to

A. Work on your language skills beyond curses; its fine to swear I'll be the first person to say that, but when half your rant is swears [thats hyperbole for you if you don't notice] it loses the point and makes you look like a little angry kid and we have enough of those on the internet

B. Format a little better; not every sentence needs to start as a new paragraph

Anyways onto your actual topic, my 360's been going since day 1 and I'm quite lucky in that respect I'm sure. Anyways its unfortunate that yours went down at such a time, hope you enjoy your alternate games at least.
Four, I had four swears.
I actually restrained myself from going over more.

Rex Fallout

Oct 5, 2010
Shepard said:
Is it wrong I read your post in Austin Powers' voice?
HA! This is exactly how I read it to! In my head I even heard him finish the thing by saying, "Yeah baby yeah!" Ah, good times.

Anyways, back on topic:
I've never wanted an Xbox, they offer nothing the PS3 doesnt have (well nothing that I want) and I've had my PS3 for 3 years now- no problems at all. I've known several people who in that time have gone throught 3-4 360's (yes even the new ones). This is ridiculous- console wars aside, who in the right freaking mind pays $300 dollars to rent a video game console for a couple of months? I dont care if they agree to fix it, it seems like WAY to much hassle getting it sent in every time it inevitably breaks down. Buy a system with far fewer failures, the PS3, Wii, DS, PSP, whatever. Because its ridiculous that this happens.

PS, my Sega Genesis still works!

Spygon

May 16, 2009
Sorry but this is not microsoft only joking that does really suck.Never had a problem with a 360 since they fixed the cooling problem 3 years ago i must be really lucky

CrazyCapnMorgan

Is not insane, just crazy >:)
Jan 5, 2011
My uncle's has had 2 PS3's. One is completely dead with no warranty left, the other has blue-ray issues. I've had an XBox 360 Elite since that came out and it has not once RRoD. I've seen several of my friends go through many, MANY, MANY RRoD with normal XBoxes.

Now, I have the original GameBoy. You know, the ones that were cloned from the material of Wolverine's skeleton? That thing still works - I can still play Pokemon with no problem and Final Fantasy Legend still plays nicely.

Some things work, some things don't. When you have companies caring more about their bottom line than their customers, you'll have these problems no matter what company produces them. If I had my way, I'd say "Fuck everyone, give me a working Sega CD player so I can finish playing Popful Mail." On that note, Working Designs needs to be brought back. They made awesome RPGs. Seriously, I actually had fun chasing after a villian named, and I shit you not, Nuts Cracker.

-AC80-

Jul 10, 2009
got xbox on release 4 months later rrod
got ps3 ylod 5 months later

got a giant top of the line pc a year and a half later still going strong and is easy to clean and i don't void anything to go inside and i built it my self.

tl;dr: get a pc, is the only advice i can give.

Jelly ^.^

Mar 11, 2010
Well, I had my first one break just outside Microsoft's warranty, but I had a store extended warranty and all I had to do was call up and they shipped me a brand new Elite console, no questions asked or anything. It's been going for a good few years too now.

Also, a NES I found on a street corner still works.

As does my Megadrive and Game-and-watch.

Belgian_Waffles

Jan 24, 2010
CrazyCapnMorgan said:
My uncle's has had 2 PS3's. One is completely dead with no warranty left, the other has blue-ray issues. I've had an XBox 360 Elite since that came out and it has not once RRoD. I've seen several of my friends go through many, MANY, MANY RRoD with normal XBoxes.

Now, I have the original GameBoy. You know, the ones that were cloned from the material of Wolverine's skeleton? That thing still works - I can still play Pokemon with no problem and Final Fantasy Legend still plays nicely.

Some things work, some things don't. When you have companies caring more about their bottom line than their customers, you'll have these problems no matter what company produces them. If I had my way, I'd say "Fuck everyone, give me a wroking Sega CD player so I can finish Popful Mail." On that note, Working Designs needs to be brought back. They made awesome RPGs. Seriously, I actually had fun chasing after a villian named, and I shit you not, Nuts Cracker.
When your console has a 54% failure rate, you need to go back to the drawing board.http://www.engadget.com/2009/08/24/microsoft-responds-to-xbox-360-54-2-percent-failure-rate-report/

Mr. Omega

ANTI-LIFE JUSTIFIES MY HATE!
Jul 1, 2010
My thought process when deciding to buy a PS3 or 360.

"Microsoft made the warranty on the 360 longer due to the RRoD. The very fact that you ever need to even THINK about warranty on a game console is never a good thing..."

That was the honest-to-God argument I made, word for word, to my brother when we were deciding what console to get.

And it just shows Microsoft has no intentions of fixing the problem, just finding ways to help gamers cope with it.