Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
JoshTheREfan said:
I spoiled dexter for myself by going on wikipedia
When Rita dies :(
....and I've had numerous games and movies ruined for me by my friends who are giant walking dicks.
Why the fuck did I just click that spoiler tag!? FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK ME!

bladester1

Feb 5, 2008
The blasted Art book in the CE of ME3 ruined some stuff for me. I mean really what do they expect us to do while we wait for the game to install but go through and look at all the pretty things we just bought!!!! You bastards!!!

WaReloaded

Jan 20, 2011
I remember getting 'A Game of Thrones' spoiled for me a few years ago by browsing a Literature forum, the one time I saw a Fantasy related topic, I ended up spoiling the entire last half of the first novel for myself...

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
I had Mass Effect 3's ending totally spoiled for me.

Funny thing was, I was super careful about it and I avoided even the threads that had the potential of ruining it for me, but my efforts were in vain. Had the ending ruined for me barely a week after the game came out, and I was a sad toaster.

Anthony Wells

May 28, 2011
Lagao said:
Spoilers.

When I was growing up as a kid. No one gave a damn.

We listened to everyones tale of a game and how it went and we didn't scream "SHUSH ASFJOFGNASNDAS"

Get over it.

perfect. absolutely perfect.

OT: Pretty much every damn thing i have is spoiled for me. I dont care. i love the spoilers because im not gonna waste my tiem on something if im not gonna like how it turns out.

thejackyl

Apr 16, 2008
Noone can tell when I spoil movies, books, and such. My friends and I sat down to watch something once. I think it was supposed to be a romantic comedy or something. But I just turn to the group who hasn't seen it yet and said:

"Just letting you know... That guys dies."

or

"Everyone dies by the end."

My friends have stopped taking me serious when we were watching something and I blurt out "Snape kills Trinity with Rosebud." (stolen from XKCD) while we were watching Plan 9 from Outer Space.

Aside from that, my mom was trying to get me to finish Harry Potter 7 before the movie came out. And while discussing that I was only on Chapter 8(?), before anything spoilerific happened, she says: So you don't know --omitted-- dies? and she also gave the ending away before I got any farther, and tried to shrug it off saying: "Nah, that couldn't happen."

I started reading The Hunger Games, and she saw the movie before buying the books. While I was reading she asked where I was, and I told her... "Is that before --omitted--- happens?" She spoiled half the book for me too and I was only like 3 chapters in.

Bernzz

Assumed Lurker
Legacy
Mar 27, 2009
Country
Australia
Gears of War 3 was spoiled for me, as I was low on money and hadn't been able to buy it at the time, and someone on this very forum just came out and said, without a spoiler tag,
that Dom dies
and it kinda ruined that scene for me. Would have been much more powerful if it hadn't been spoiled.

Also, Batman: Arkham City was spoiled for me before I got to reach the ending. So now I have much less motivation to get to the ending, because I already know the most spoilery part of it. Once again, someone on these forums saying it with a spoiler tag.

New Frontiersman

Feb 2, 2010
On this very site, on a thread about the game Xenoblade Chronicles. Specifically one about how it hadn't come out in the US yet (By the way I live in the US and was both incredibly excited about the game and trying to avoid spoilers) and some asshole up and mentions about a death that occurs in the story. He tried not to mention names but he pretty obviously gave away who was going to die. I was pretty upset.

00slash00

Dec 29, 2009
final fantasy 7. i mean honestly, it was like 2005 before i ever got around to playing it, and having stuff like aeris death spoiled for me didnt hurt my enjoyment of the game. in fact it might have made it better because i knew she died, i just didnt know when. everywhere i went i was looking over my shoulder, not sure when i would be saying my goodbyes

Sam_Winchester

Sep 24, 2009
Mass Effect 3. Someone was just being a troll when they mentioned *expletive* happens at the end.

Also Heavy Rain. I got bluntly told who the killer was from the guy I was borrowing it from on the day that I borrowed it. Made me angry, but I still saw it through to the end.

Kyrian007

Nemo saltat sobrius
Legacy
Mar 9, 2010
Kansas
Country
U.S.A.
It wasn't that big of a deal, but I had FF7 spoiled for me. Not the Aeris bit, but the ending (which isn't as bad as spoiling the Aeris bit would have been.) My roomate and I were going thru it at the same time, and I had just created my first save on the last disc. I stop to go to class, and watch this pretty sweet combat my roomate is doing. I ask him what fight that was... last one. Watched the end and credits... never to this day have finished that game myself. It kind of ruined it.

Yopaz

Sarcastic overlord
Jun 3, 2009
There was a discussion about games with band endings on this site. Someone complained about Batman Arkham Asylum's ending and one quoted him and said something along the lines of:
How can you say Arkham City had a bad ending, the Joker died!
The game wasn't out on PC at the time so I hadn't even started playing it before he spoiled Arkham City for me. I tried to convince myself that it wouldn't end that way and I was hoping that what he said wasn't true so I would get a surprise in the end. That didn't happen.

Guffe

Jul 12, 2009
If there's a movie I haven't seen and don't really intend to, I don't mind people talking about it. Hell sometimes even if I am going to see it I don't really mind.
Games I don't either really care about spoilers but I think it's the worst when it comes to books.
Hasn't happened any spoiler shit in recent time for me since many of my friends really really hate that spoiler shit.

Yopaz

Sarcastic overlord
Jun 3, 2009
imahobbit4062 said:
Yopaz said:
There was a discussion about games with band endings on this site. Someone complained about Batman Arkham Asylum's ending and one quoted him and said something along the lines of:
How can you say Arkham City had a bad ending, the Joker died!
The game wasn't out on PC at the time so I hadn't even started playing it before he spoiled Arkham City for me. I tried to convince myself that it wouldn't end that way and I was hoping that what he said wasn't true so I would get a surprise in the end. That didn't happen.
For fuck sake, say that you're going to spoil Arkham City before the fucking spoiler. All you said was Asylum, then City after the spoil.
If you don't want spoilers, don't click to view the spoiler. The text after the spoiler clearly said he spoiled Arkham City by saing what I had put in spoilers. Don't blame me for something you did.