FUCKING SPOILERS!!!!!!!!

letfireraindown

Jul 28, 2010
I've been watching Future Diary on hulu, and a couple weeks back when I finished the 22 episode and just wanted to check on some info. I end up reading into the 23rd episode "Breach of Contract" and though it did make me more excited for the episode, the summery did contain a lot of spoilers. I still haven't watched the episode yet, so we'll see how I like it when I do.

BloatedGuppy

Feb 3, 2010
anthony87 said:
....You sure? Alright. I'm gonna put this in spoilers under the assumption that you've already read the book. For the love of god don't read it otherwise.....yeah I'm stating the obvious but still...

Jon gets murdered by the Nights Watch

Like I said, I only know the "what" of what happens and it was a fleeting glimpse of the spoiler at that. If you've read it....please, no mas. I can't stand to know more of what happens.
As soon as I read your OP I knew that's what you'd been spoiled on.

Dude, seriously. Stay the fuck away from ASOIAF discussion altogether if you don't want to run into godawful spoilers like that. Not only are people not good about accidental spoilers, there's plenty of people who are happy to drop deliberate spoilers just to screw people up. And ASOIAF is popular/mainstream enough at this point, and has enough major plot twists/developments, that it's a prime candidate for massive spoilage.

anthony87

Aug 13, 2009
Capitano Segnaposto said:
SmashLovesTitanQuest said:
lol, its impossible to spoil GOT for me.

People keep trying but they just cant. There are so many fucking characters in that show, and I cant be bothered to remember the names. I can remember the names of the houses but little else. So when someone runs up to me and screams "STANLEY DIES!" I just ask "Whos Stanley?"

Thanks for that. Couldn't you just put that into spoilers (if true) like EVERYONE ELSE?
Well I think he's just referring to the show and using "Stanley" as an example
or at least I really fucking hope so

David Bjur

Hazy sucks, Daystar Moreso
Nov 21, 2011
Wanna know something cool? My friend told me about the Far Cry 2's ending and since I told him to, and one year later I bought the game. With the help of some self-manipuation, I made myself forget the ending. I'm a pro at controlling myself.

Also, I got RDR's ending spoiled to me. I had decided previously that I wouldn't watch or look up anything game related until i finished the game but one sad day I was watching a music video, took a look at the comments, and one of them said:
Oh my gosh, this music is so sad! But not sadder than John Marston's death in RDR's ending lol

So yeah, that pissed me off like freaking h*ll. I almost cried when I had tried so hard not to get the story spoiled to me.

And of course, ME3 spoilers, this one:
That some of the guys in your crew could die, got it spoiled to me on this very site.

The White Hunter

Basment Abomination
Oct 19, 2011
Budweiser said:
I like going to see brand new movies and then upon leaving I like to loudly discuss the ending in front of all the people still waiting in line...
I tip my hypothetical hat to your immense level of douchebaggery my good man, I hope their anguish brings you great joy xD

anthony87

Aug 13, 2009
BloatedGuppy said:
anthony87 said:
....You sure? Alright. I'm gonna put this in spoilers under the assumption that you've already read the book. For the love of god don't read it otherwise.....yeah I'm stating the obvious but still...

Like I said, I only know the "what" of what happens and it was a fleeting glimpse of the spoiler at that. If you've read it....please, no mas. I can't stand to know more of what happens.
As soon as I read your OP I knew that's what you'd been spoiled on.

Dude, seriously. Stay the fuck away from ASOIAF discussion altogether if you don't want to run into godawful spoilers like that. Not only are people not good about accidental spoilers, there's plenty of people who are happy to drop deliberate spoilers just to screw people up. And ASOIAF is popular/mainstream enough at this point, and has enough major plot twists/developments, that it's a prime candidate for massive spoilage.
Yeah I know. I've learned my lesson and I'm trying to look on the bright side. At least I've still got all of A Feast for Crows to go through and I've had none of that spoiled......for now o_O

The White Hunter

Basment Abomination
Oct 19, 2011
David Bjur said:
Also, I got RDR's ending spoiled to me. I had decided previously that I wouldn't watch or look up anything game related until i finished the game but one sad day I was watching a music video, took a look at the comments, and one of them said:
Oh my gosh, this music is so sad! But not sadder than John Marston's death in RDR's ending lol

So yeah, that pissed me off like freaking h*ll. I almost cried when I had tried so hard not to get the story spoiled to me.
I had it spoiled to buy my shithead friend ¬_¬ The same one who spoiled BioShock for me.

My eventual response was, upon learning he had completely avoided even the hype for arkham city, to tell him the ending. He cried, I laughed, vengeance is sweet.

lemby117

Apr 16, 2009
anthony87 said:
EscapeGoat said:
Just out of curiosity, what did you spoil for yourself?

Don't worry if it makes you feel better it's never explicitly stated

OT: The Ending To Red Dead Redemption, still f*cking loved it though

anthony87

Aug 13, 2009

People keep trying but they just cant. There are so many fucking characters in that show, and I cant be bothered to remember the names. I can remember the names of the houses but little else. So when someone runs up to me and screams "STANLEY DIES!" I just ask "Whos Stanley?"

Thanks for that. Couldn't you just put that into spoilers (if true) like EVERYONE ELSE?
anthony87 said:

Well I think he's just referring to the show and using "Stanley" as an example
or at least I really fucking hope so
...Theres a character called Stanley?

Hehe. Well, this illustrates my point perfectly.
Nah, but there's a character named "Stannis". Between the similar sounding names and your comment about not being able to remember the names too well, I'm sure you can understand the train of thought.

Appleshampoo

Sep 27, 2010
Bernzz said:
Gears of War 3 was spoiled for me, as I was low on money and hadn't been able to buy it at the time, and someone on this very forum just came out and said, without a spoiler tag,
that Dom dies
and it kinda ruined that scene for me. Would have been much more powerful if it hadn't been spoiled.

Also, Batman: Arkham City was spoiled for me before I got to reach the ending. So now I have much less motivation to get to the ending, because I already know the most spoilery part of it. Once again, someone on these forums saying it with a spoiler tag.
That EXACT same thing happened to me, and it was also on this forum that it was spoilt by some ass hat just randomly saying it in the middle of a non spoiler related thread.

That scene then sucked for me =(

Also had Arkham city spoiled for me by random people just posting about it.

Spoilers suck :(

Kratenser

Sep 18, 2010
for me it was The Wind on Fire books. Great books, amazing story, exceptional character development, a very good set of fantasy books by William Nicholson.

My only problem with the series is that each chapter name sums up what will happen in the chapter. Why they cant just be numerically named I don't know, but you are gonna know pretty much what happens before you start reading >.<

theswordsmn

Nov 12, 2010
Well, I work at Gamestop, so every single game pretty much gets spoiled for me. For some reason every customer thinks that we are each some form of demigod that can play and beat a game withing the first day it was out. And it REALLY pisses me off when they try and cover they're tracks by going "oh! Ummm yeah, well I mean it's pretty obvious it happens! I mean you should be able to notice something is wrong like right off the bat!" or my personal favorite "OH SHIT! Well don't worry about it, cause they aren't REALLY dead, they come back to life." Then it becomes: thanks butt-munch, now you spoiled it twice.

Ashannon Blackthorn

Sep 5, 2011
Nothing, spoilers do not bother me in the least and personally I view anyone who gets incredibly worked up to the point of frothing rage as having a weak mind in some ways.

Just to note, I don't refer to people wnho are like "Oh moron I wanted to see for myself" I mean the people who are like :OMG YOU RUINED IT I CAN NEER WATCH IT NOW YOUR SUCH A FUCKING MORON I HATE YOU AND I WISH YOU WERE DEAD."

The first type I can respect and try not ot spoile things, the second type I guve them a fucking page by page synopsis...

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
Xartyve2 said:
I think I speak for most people on the planet when I say

Citizen Kane, Soylent Green, The Empire Strikes Back, The Sixth Sense
To be fair, I didn't get the significance of the Citizen Kane reference until I actually watched the movie.

OT: Someone tried to spoil Second Sight for me, and it's a good thing I slapped him immediately because it has what remains the most ZOMGWTFBBQAWESOME plot twist in gaming.