Full Lego Rock Band Soundtrack Revealed

Earnest Cavalli

Jun 19, 2008
Full Lego Rock Band Soundtrack Revealed

The full list of songs from the upcoming Lego Rock Band has been revealed, and unsurprisingly, the key words here are "family friendly."

Surprised? Don't be. This game is obviously an attempt by developer Harmonix to ingratiate itself with the kiddie set, but in a stroke of marketing genius, they company is also offering owners of the original Rock Band games a chance to suck all the tunes off of the Lego Rock Band disc for use in its big brother. Admittedly, it will cost $10 and require a few minutes of entering codes and pressing buttons, but those of us who measure our worth via the size and depth of our music game libraries should be pleased.

On the other hand, the game also allows you to add any songs from the other Rock Band games as long as they are rated "E for Everyone." A quick scan through Harmonix's Rock Band Music Store [http://www.rockband.com/music] left me wondering where I could actually find these mythical ratings, but since all of the tunes in the series have been sanitized of those crucial naughty words, I'd have to guess that the vast majority of them are candidates for a transfer into the Lego world.

Anyway, you came here to see what songs would be included with Lego Rock Band, so on with the countdown:

- All American Rejects, "Swing, Swing"
- The Kooks, "Naïve"
- The Automatic, "Monster"
- KoRn, "Word Up!"
- Blink-182, "Aliens Exist"
- KT Tunstall, "Suddenly I See"
- Blur, "Song 2"
- Lostprophets, "Rooftops"
- Bon Jovi, "You Give Love a Bad Name"
- P!NK, "So What"
- Boys like Girls, "Thunder"
- The Police,"Every Little Thing She Does Is Magic"
- Bryan Adams, "Summer of 69"
- The Primitives, "Crash"
- Carl Douglas, "Kung Fu Fighting"
- Queen, "We Are The Champions"
- The Coral, "Dreaming of You"
- Queen, "We Will Rock You"
- Counting Crows, "Accidentally in Love"
- Rascal Flatts, "Life is a Highway"
- David Bowie, "Let's Dance"
- Ray Parker Jr., "Ghostbusters"
- Elton John, "Crocodile Rock"
- Razorlight, "Stumble and Fall"
- Europe, "The Final Countdown"
- Spin Doctors, "Two Princes"
- Everlife, "Real Wild Child"
- Spinal Tap, "Short & Sweet"
- Foo Fighters, "Breakout"
- Steve Harly, "Make Me Smile"
- Good Charlotte, "Girls & Boys"
- Sum 41, "In Too Deep"
- The Hives, "Tick Tick Boom!"
- Supergrass, "Grace"
- Iggy Pop, "The Passenger"
- Tom Petty, "Free Fallin"
- Incubus, "Dig"
- T-Rex, "Ride a White Swan"
- Jackson 5, "I Want You Back"
- Vampire Weekend, "A-Punk"
- Jimi Hendrix, "Fire"
- We the Kings, "Check Yes Juliet"
- Kaiser Chiefs, "Ruby"
- The Zutons, "Valerie"
- Katrina & The Waves, "Walking on Sunshine"

Yup, love songs, novelty tunes and hipster anthems co-opted by the mainstream.

On the other hand, Queen! Freddie Mercury is like a swarthy, mustached band-aid for everything wrong in the world.

Bassman_2

Feb 9, 2009
Goodie, this has 1 or 2 more songs than Beatles.

And "We Will Rock You" should be right with "We Are The Champions" (as it should have been with GH....)

But sure, this will be great for the kids to sing and play.

cleverlymadeup

Mar 7, 2008
omg they have Ghostbusters, i'm so getting this game now

the Hendrix is pretty cool but it's got freaking Ghostbusters

Aedes

Sep 11, 2009
Hmm, Accidentaly in Love. :eek:
And OMG, the Final Countdown! In Lego!!! Damn! I feel like getting it!
I know it's just the same as any other guitar hero alike but meh! Songs I wanna play are there! And in Lego!!!

Jonatron

Sep 8, 2008
Earnest Cavalli said:
On the other hand, Queen! Freddie Mercury is like a swarthy, mustached band-aid for everything wrong in the world.
I thought that was Mario...

One thing's for sure. This line up has more than Wii music, which must make it the second shortest playlist in a music game.

Which is better: Freddie Mercury or Mario?! There's only one way to find out.
*Leans on desk*
Fiiiiiiight!

El Poncho

Techno Hippy will eat your soul!
May 21, 2009
I like a few things also... is Crocodile Rock that song in the Bob the Builder christmas film?

HassEsser

Jul 31, 2009
Can the musical genre of games get any worse in making set lists???? For fucks sake! Give me the power to make a set list, and that game will sell like crazy!

Skizle

Feb 12, 2009
TaborMallory said:
That playlist is worse than GH5's. I'm not even going to consider touching this game.
yes my thoughts exactly. the should have put songs such as "Brickhouse"or "We Built This City" and then it would have been a REAL game.

Teh_Doomage

Jan 11, 2009
The fact is, if they do the same thing like they did with the first Rock Band, all I need to do is have the disc to get the songs and pay for a transfer key, I'd be all over it.

Who ya gonna call!?

ZombieGenesis

Apr 15, 2009
David Bowie...
D-David Bowie? Okay, I am now sold on this. Only if it's on the DS/PSP though (don't know much about the game) if it's on an actual console, I'd just consider that a waste of TV use.

MrFluffy-X

Jun 24, 2009
okay i think EA have went a bit overboard now...

lol in too deep havent heard that song i about 6 years

MrFluffy-X

Jun 24, 2009
Skizle said:
TaborMallory said:
That playlist is worse than GH5's. I'm not even going to consider touching this game.
yes my thoughts exactly. the should have put songs such as "Brickhouse"or "We Built This City" and then it would have been a REAL game.
Made me Larf! :D

FloodOne

Apr 29, 2009
BrotherhoodOfSteel said:
I'm not going to buy this game. Even if it has the ghostbusters theme. And that's a pretty dman good theme.
This. The Korn, Queen and Hendrix songs make me hungry, but I'll live without the tracks.