Full Lego Rock Band Soundtrack Revealed

DaxStrife

Late Reviewer
Nov 29, 2007
They got the Ghostbusters theme? Why? It barely qualifies as rock... are you going to do the saxophone parts with the guitar buttons or something?

ddq5

I wonder what the character limi
Jun 18, 2009
I seriously think the Rock Band/Guitar Hero needs to branch out in the opposite direction as well, namely, an M/+18 rated RB/GH game. There are just so many great songs that have "fuck" in them that would make a killer setlist. Gems like "Take the Power Back," "Anthem, Part 2," and "Jeremy" should be able to be played in their uncensored glory. I'd totally be up for Guitar Hero RATM.

Brotherofwill

Jan 25, 2009
What's up with all these new rythm games using Bowie's 'Let's Dance'? DJ Hero used it too (in a rather insane remix with 'Heard it through the Grapevine' but still). It's not that good of a song, he's made so much better stuff. Hell even on the album of the same title there are better songs like 'Modern Love'. Much more energy, more awesome Guitar and drum parts and overall more memorable.

'Leeeeet's dance... dum dum dum de dum' So fucking dull and slow-paced. Exactly not the kind of song you'd want in a Rockband game.

It's still a pretty good list. 'Pasenger' is awesome, though not exactly ideal for a Rockband game. 'Final Countdown' is more like what they need, cheesy sing-along stuff.

Artemis923

Dec 25, 2008
Bleh. A waste of time and effort that could've been spent making better DLC for RB2.

Like some Dissection or Necrophagist.

Inco

Swarm Agent
Sep 12, 2008
They should have just released the songs as DLC. Really...
'Rooftops', 'Ruby' and 'We will rock you' are the only songs that i would really consider this game for.
Since that the former two are already on GH games with 'Rooftops' eventually going to be importable to GH5, i think this is a miss.

Plus the Lego characters are a bit of a put off, because i like to watch the virtual avatars do the songs on stage, whereas the lego 'stars' look shoddy. (From what i have seen)

Also, it has pink. The one artist i seem to loath subconsciously. I would be forced to play that 'song' a few times in order to proceed. Guess what? I would rather go drink battery acid.

timmytom1

Feb 26, 2009
TaborMallory said:
That playlist is worse than GH5's. I'm not even going to consider touching this game.
Same here, these rythm action games seem to have soundtracks of declineing quality of time goes on...

Andronicus

Terror Australis
Mar 25, 2009
Wooo yeah, Lostprophets! I'm so totally getting thi... Oh, wait. It's just Rooftops. Blech. Give me Kobrakai. You know what would be better? Shinobi Vs. Dragon Ninja! "...Get my way or nothing will move oooon". Ahem.

Hmmm. Yeah, there's a couple of good songs there, but none of them are "Under Pressure" (call me what you will, but "We Will Rock You" begins to grate on my nerves after a while). I might get it when it drops in price, but I've only just got Beatles Rockband, so I think I'd better get a bit better at that first.

HT_Black

May 1, 2009
Well I'm impressed-- this thing actually has more than three songs I give a s**t about. It's good to see that Harmonix is learning from their mistakes...

The Rockerfly

Dec 31, 2008
The Final Countdown?

Sold, I can't wait to try the guitar solo
It looks like it's going to be a bit easy but the set list looks like some proper classic rock

TheSkaAssassin

Oct 12, 2009
TaborMallory said:
That playlist is worse than GH5's. I'm not even going to consider touching this game.
So don't. This game was clearly designed with families in mind, not rockstars. Its going to have a lot of family-friendly songs.

zerzxes

Apr 14, 2009
First i thought they would have to make controllers out of lego's to impress me... but the track list!

AceDiamond

Jul 7, 2008
Hey Harmonix can we talk for a second?

Look at the name of the game. Rock Band. What does that imply? That's right: rock music. So please explain to me your desire to constantly wedge country music into a game called Rock Band. You couldn't have gone with the Tom Petty version of Life is a Highway? You just had to use Rascal Flatts? And KT Tunstall? Stall is the operative word here.

Nevermind the fact that your ratio of good to bad music is consistently getting worse. Although I have to give you points for putting in a song by The Police that people will actually know, as well as finally getting some Jimi Hendrix, it doesn't excuse the fact that you've wedged in a few country tracks and some crappy pop tracks by Good Charlotte and All American Rejects. I thought after Rock Band 2 you guys finally figured out what makes a good setlist, now I'm not so sure.

I will say at least it didn't provoke the feeling of abject horror that GH5's setlist produced in me though.

TheSkaAssassin said:
TaborMallory said:
So don't. This game was clearly designed with families in mind, not rockstars. Its going to have a lot of family-friendly songs.
If that's true please explain what "Summer of 69" is doing on there. Bear in mind the number is not referring to the year

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
Now all we need to know now is "WHAT WILL THE GUITARS DRUMS ETC BE?" If it is lego it just simply gives me more reason to buy this. Wow I could make a custom skin using lego!

gremily

Oct 9, 2008
I can never stand the Rock Band soundtrack. I like the guitar hero soundtracks better because the songs are more heavy.

WolfLordAndy

Sep 19, 2008
Thats actually a great list of songs tbh. Could be better yes, but compared to most singstar/GH/RB games its pretty good.