Full Metal Genesis

Legion

Were it so easy
Oct 2, 2008
Just admit you like NGE already Grey. Nobody makes this many strips about a single show they don't like.

Not that this stops this strip being 100% accurate. There is a strong argument for Shinji's attitude as being justified, but not so much when compared to a lot of other characters.

Alphonse was easily one of my favourite characters from FMA.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
thaluikhain said:
Casual Shinji said:
Daystar Clarion said:
Shinji Ikari, only person to complain that he gets to pilot a giant robot and live with MILFsato.
29-year old women are milfs now?

Damn, I'm getting old.
Well, the youngest recorded mother was 5 years old, so yeah. Though, most people would hesitate to admit liking to fuck her until she was much older.
Oh dear, I think we might've gone too far in a few places.

Should probably change subject to something less disturbing...

Izanagi009_v1legacy

Anime Nerds Unite
Apr 25, 2013
Grey Carter said:
Full Metal Genesis

He is a bit of a bamf when you think about it.

Read Full Article
Are you trying to make a metapoint about both the similarities and differences of anime and how they have the same basic backstories but different reactions to each situation or am i thinking too hard?

On the other notes, the contrast works but as evident from the question, I was thinking too much to laugh.

kailus13

Soon
Mar 3, 2013
Legion said:
Just admit you like NGE already Grey. Nobody makes this many strips about a single show they don't like.

Not that this stops this strip being 100% accurate. There is a strong argument for Shinji's attitude as being justified, but not so much when compared to a lot of other characters.
Both Ed and Al had a goal throughout the series though. Shinji doesn't have such a goal to keep him stable.

Imp_Emissary

Mages Rule, and Dragons Fly!
Legacy
May 2, 2011
Country
United States
Legion said:

Alphonse was easily one of my favourite characters from FMA.
I thought Grey was a fan, and that was why he has so many of these done.

Anyway, Bamf?
One big BAMF! Coming down!

WouldYouKindly

Apr 17, 2011
mrhateful said:
I've been wanting to see Neon genesis since everyone says that it is very good. However, from what I have seen of it is that it show cases the very worst stereo types of anime, (Weak main character, excessive fan service, all female characters clinging to the protagonist like flies around a turd, oh and that stupid thing anime does where the main character slips and land body first on a female touching her breasts looking embarrassed)
That's kind of the point. It's a deconstruction of these stereotypes. In context, most of the fanservice is disturbing, only occasionally played for humor. The trip and feel is pretty much the first of these, but it gets a lot weirder and more uncomfortable.

Izanagi009_v1legacy

Anime Nerds Unite
Apr 25, 2013
Daystar Clarion said:
Gendo Ikari, best dad ever.

Shinji Ikari, only person to complain that he gets to pilot a giant robot and live with MILFsato.
Oh boy, here we go again. Let's see, he also has had various tragedies that we are lucky to never happen as stated in the comic: abandonment, low self-confidence, and extreme pain and agony to the point of wanting to die.

that giant robot, it will literally torture you as you fight because of the pain transmission, everytime an angel blast or rips a chunk of flesh off, you feel that agonizing pain and since the actual damage is not occurring on your body, it tend to cause a mental drain

as for the women, Misato has her own problems and as of Eva 3.0 kind of hates Shinji for third impact. Asuka is extremely closed off and pushes Shinji away so hard that he feels even greater abandonment. Rei is pretty much a empty shell that can be replaced over and over and that continual cycle of having someone you are close to die and come back with no memory of your experience together would have an effect.

I'm honestly tired of people who say that Shinji should stop whining. The pain he goes through and the timeframe he experienced them would crack many people in real life.

Casual Shinji

Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
Eri said:
Age has no bearing on milf status. If you have a kid as a woman, you are a mother.
I don't know... Teen milf sound like a bit of a contridiction somehow.

[small]God, what am I even talking about!?[/small]

hudsonzero

what I thought I'd do was,
Aug 4, 2009
did a eva DVD boxset fall on your dog or something because almost every comic has been making fun of it for the past few months.
also to many words in the second panel.

Leaper

Jun 3, 2009
mrhateful said:
I've been wanting to see Neon genesis since everyone says that it is very good.
I felt the same, and watched. Now I hope I could unsee it, because it was that fucking horrible, and it also made not watch any anime at all, unless it has very good recommendations from sources that I respect.

Dec 14, 2009
Izanagi009 said:
Daystar Clarion said:
Gendo Ikari, best dad ever.

Oh boy, here we go again. Let's see, he also has had various tragedies that we are lucky to never happen as stated in the comic: abandonment, low self-confidence, and extreme pain and agony to the point of wanting to die.

that giant robot, it will literally torture you as you fight because of the pain transmission, everytime an angel blast or rips a chunk of flesh off, you feel that agonizing pain and since the actual damage is not occurring on your body, it tend to cause a mental drain

as for the women, Misato has her own problems and as of Eva 3.0 kind of hates Shinji for third impact. Asuka is extremely closed off and pushes Shinji away so hard that he feels even greater abandonment. Rei is pretty much a empty shell that can be replaced over and over and that continual cycle of having someone you are close to die and come back with no memory of your experience together would have an effect.

I'm honestly tired of people who say that Shinji should stop whining. The pain he goes through and the timeframe he experienced them would crack many people in real life.
Called it.

I'm very well aware of the actual implications of the show.

See, we have these things we do for comic effect.

You may of heard of them before, they're called jokes.

rayen020

May 20, 2009
Really when your body is destroyed and you become soul attached thinly to a metal suit of Armor whose very existence is called into question, there really is no reason to not learn kung fu.

Casual Shinji

Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
Johnny Novgorod said:
Casual Shinji said:
Daystar Clarion said:
29-year old women are milfs now?
Maybe from the perspective of a 14 year-old.
Yeah, I guess I can see that - 19-year olds were already milfs to me when I was 14.

And now the word 'milf' will quickly loose what little meaning it had each time I say it.

Mr. Q

Apr 30, 2013
We all handle grief differently from one another. Some in rather bizarre ways, but at least they're handling it in a constructive manner. ^^;