Full PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale Cast Revealed

punipunipyo

Jan 20, 2011
NOOOOOO What about the dud from "Prototype"/"Prototype 2"?

I want to see "InFamous VS Prototype"!!!!!!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Beaujon85

Oct 27, 2009
crimson sickle2 said:
"À la recherche du temps perdu," I wish I was educated enough to know what that story has to do with "Jak and Daxter."
I can't believe it took 4 pages for someone to comment on that part. I too, have no idea what Jak & Daxter has to do with Proust.

Anyone?

Gatx

Jul 7, 2011
You know what, I'm much more satisfied with the lineup now that you have Dante, Sir Daniel Fortesque, and Raiden.

Gameplay wise, I tried it out at a Gamestop. It kind of sucks. You mash away at each other with regular attacks that feel a lot more forced than in SSB (the only exception in the demo being Kratos, which actually felt like you were playing 2D God of War) to build up your super bar to insta-kill the other people, which is also incidentally the only way to get kills, and isn't even satisfying. They just disappear as if they got beamed onto the Enterprise or something, no explosions, no camera rumble, not even a little slow-mo.

subtlefuge

Lord Cromulent
May 21, 2010
I can not stop laughing at the fact that Nintendo got Snake and Sony got Raiden. It seems so fitting to how this whole game is going to turn out.

Ukomba

Oct 14, 2010
I love SSB, and I'm wondering why I'm not more interested in this and I think I have it. They're trying for a cutesy SSB style brawler with dark and gritty characters. This would be a cool roster for a Mortal Kombat Rip off, or possibly a Marvel vs Capcom Rip off, but not Smash Brothers. The characters just look too similar at that size. The Nintendo roster was full of characters that were visually distinct.

I'll save my money for Fighting is Magic.

go-10

Feb 3, 2010
roster is lacking but really given what I've been able to play of the game at shows and such, I'm not really liking how the only way to take out an enemy is with a special move, you can combo somebody for hours and never kill them and when it comes down to it the whole special move kills got old and tedious. I used Nariko and Raiden when I played it an after I saw all 3 levels of their special I didn't want to play anymore so I don't have much hope for this game :( and where the hell is Lightning and Lara Croft?

RaikuFA

Jun 12, 2009
So whens the chance to try it? Cause I ain't playing this without trying it first. And Sony seems to be extremly stingy with the beta codes.

Joriss

Dec 27, 2011
Funny how whenever I get slighty interessed in the PS3 due the fond memories I have of the PS1 & PS3, they throw something in my face to remind me that it's ain't worth it. This roster...yeah, no thanks. I'll stick to super smash brothers then, thank you very much.

PunkRex

Feb 19, 2010
Jak & Daxter, Ratchet & Clank and Sly Cooper... oh dear...

Also, Sir Daniel Fortesque, holy crap!

Scott-Spain

Sep 23, 2012
Gotta say I'm satisfied with this roster. Being a competitive fighting gamer, I'd rather have a smaller cast. Why? Because that means the developers spent more time on each character, increasing the chance for character balance.

Plus, you have to think that this is the first game in the series. It's pretty unfair to compare this to Brawl, which is the third in the Smash series. Superbot is a brand new team. Teams need to figure out their process in addition to making a game.

All things considered, however, I don't believe this completely. I'm thinking this means 20 characters a the start of the game with more to unlock/download/etc.

GenGenners

Jul 25, 2012
Foolproof said:
GenGenners said:
linkblade91 said:
The fact that Spyro and Crash are owned by Activision makes me sad...

And I hope Good Cole/Evil Cole have different enough playstyles, otherwise you could of used that 20th spot on someone else. I loved both Infamous games, but having two of him is weird. You could of had Cole as one person, Zelda/Shiek -style, and then have #20 be Kuo ;)

They also could've followed what they were doing with "the big three" (Ratchet, Jak, Sly), and included each of their respective developers' next projects. You have Sucker Punch's Infamous, Naughty Dog's Uncharted, but no love for Insomniac's Resistance? We could have played as a Chimera, but you blew it Sony :p

...that also would have solved your #20 problem...just saying...
Yeah, there was a Blog post about the two Cole's a while back when the second Cole was announced. They showed gameplay footage and...........yeah, Good Cole is Good Cole, but Evil Cole plays like fucking Satan. Trust me, they're different.
I'm still dissapointed that evil Cole still lacks his vampire powers. Would it have been that big a balance issue to let him just suck peoples blood and stake people?
You probably couldn't realistically fit those 2 moves into the combat system. They're quite small, subtle moves.
Cole: "STOP THE MATCH FOR 5 SECONDS! Just gotta drink this guy's blood!"

DoctorObviously

May 22, 2009
A Sony get-together game with only a handful of Playstation characters. Nintendo is laughing their asses off.