Full PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale Cast Revealed

pandorum

Mar 22, 2011
Roofstone said:
But.. But... No Crash? And no Spyro?

I was looking forward to Crash. )=
Bit of a downer. Still gonna get it I suppose. But still..

What about these two guys? )=
Compleatly agree its still nice the old Sir is getting some love.

Captcha: on-off. you are alive ain't you?

lord.jeff

Oct 27, 2010
omicron1 said:
I smell post-launch DLC. And lots of it.

Eh. Maybe it won't be too bad to have new characters every couple weeks.
I have no problem with fighting games having DLC if it's handled right, it's a lot better then having five version of a single street fighter game just because Capcom wanted to make a single roaster update.

I think twenty is a bit to many to try working on for their first fighting game, I'd rather have a small collection of characters each completely unique then dozens of clones. I believe Spyro and Crash aren't in the games because they got sold off hopefully Sony can get them back though for the next game or DLC.

shrekfan246

Not actually a Japanese pop star
May 26, 2011
Hah. Haha. Ahahaha. Raiden and no Snake? Oh wow. People are going to have a field day with that one. And does that (DMC: Devil May Cry) annotation mean they're using "New Dante" instead of "Classic Dante"? Because if so, that'll cause an uproar too.

I'll be counting the days until the PR starts rolling out.

Guitarmasterx7

Day Pig
Mar 16, 2009
Raiden but no snake? Other than that and the redundancy of having both cole mcgrath and evil cole mcgrath, no really disappointing or lame choices.

ZehMadScientist

Oct 29, 2010
Sony, you are going to lose quite a few buyers with this roster.

You lost the moment you did not include Crash and Spyro.

BlueKenja

Jul 4, 2011
If it's called "playstation" all stars shouldn't they also have Playstation 1/2 exclusive game characters?:

Shin Megami Tensei: DemiFiend, Raidou Kuzanhoa, Yu, The Blue Haired Boy, Serph.

Final Fantasy 7 - 12: Cloud, Aerith, Squall, Edea, Zidane, Vivi, Auron, Balthier (maybe too close to Dissidia though...)

Suikoden 1 - 5: Tir, Riou, Luc, Lazlo, Jeane, Viki, Frey

Ico + SotC: Ico, Wander

Dark Cloud and Chronicle: Toan, Max, Monica

Maximo: Maximo, Death

Probably others....

Therumancer

Citation Needed
Nov 28, 2007
Hmmm, well I'm not all that excited about this, in general every attempt to try and emulate "Smash Brothers" has kind of failed as far as I've seen. The big example I can think of is that Cartoon Network "Punch Time Explosion" thing they released which I guess some people had high hopes for, but actually blew chips.

I think the whole "Smash" subgenere of fighters is something that companies should stay away from, I will hopefully be wrong, but I can't see this ending well for Sony. Any way it goes, as much as I like fighters, I'm going to very much be taking a "wait and see" attitude.

I also find it kind of amusing to see people complaining about a lack of female characters. WTF did people expect given the complaints over the "Battle Nuns" trailer for "Hitman" or the nature of the complaints about a certain Tomb Raider trailer. With people screaming about violence against women, is it any surprise that nobody wants to say put many characters like Lara Croft, Lightning, or other characters into a fighting game where they are going to get pounded?

That might not have factored into the final roster (where women are present, but in low numbers) but it wouldn't surprise me. In Lara's case I wouldn't be surprised if she got cut due to the reaction to a certain trailer.

In short, I wouldn't be surprised if recent "Women against Tropes" and feminist gaming arguements and discussions have actually managed to start the gaming industry regressing, every bit of progress the industry has made since "Final Fight" being undone.

If your wondering why I mention "Final Fight" I'm referring to how they decided the female characters in the US release of the game were transvestites because it was too contreversial for a US audience for guys to actually be seen pounding the crap out of girls (no matter how violent or dangerous). This leading to a lot of contreversy over the gender of "Poison" due to contridictions in the character's various incarnations in spin offs. Over time we got to the point where noone had any problems with girls coming out to punch it out, win or lose, with the guys, it's all in good fun and pure fantasy, and characters like "Poison" and the mess of what her actual gender is have become hot topics of video game speculation (if your curious the wikipedia page for Poison DOES put it to rest, the creator says that the US version of Poison is a post-op transexual for example).

So basically due to all the bellyaching about Agent 47 taking down a group of (heavily armed and well trained) female mercenaries dressed as nuns, I wouldn't be surprised if games that in any way allow you to emulate this in any context are on their way out. After all it's not that far removed from say Zangief beating Cammy or Chun Li into the pavement, or whatever fighting game analogy you care to use (note, the women Agent 47 took out were NOT defenseless victims, and would have probably tore apart anyone who wasn't a genetically modified super-assasin with a bar code on the back of his head).

In short for the few making the point about the lack of women on the roster, you should be screaming praises to the heavens that a company like Sony has put any into this game at all given recent events. After all the clear message is that since guys can't fight girls or do bad things to them in the media, that women need to be locked away, sheltered, and protected, as opposed to you know... picking up guns or combat skills and trying to use them (or is it that if a girl becomes a professional killer your morally obligated to let her go on murder sprees... I get confused here at times),

Lamppenkeyboard

Jun 3, 2009
Hmm I'm interested, but I'll probably wait a few months for a good bundle pack before I spring for it. Though what bugs the crap out of me is, are the two Coles going to be like fox/falco? Because if they are going to whore Snake and Crash out as DLC but have a pair of clones in the initial game, that is at least a little offensive.

Echo136

Feb 22, 2010
I dont see how Big Daddy fits there seeing as he's third party and Bioshock was made for PC first

disgruntledgamer

Mar 6, 2012
Seems like a piss poor list that's to say the least reaching for characters. Not too sure what to think about this SSB ripoff. I suppose it could be good but something tells me it's going to be meh.

mooncalf

<Insert Avatar Here>
Jul 3, 2008
I just scratch my head, this seems like such a random grab-bag of mismatched oddity.

Mr.PlanetEater

May 17, 2009
Maybe it's because I've never played any of the inFamous games, but won't Cole MacGrath and Evil Cole MacGrath play almost identically?

Saltyk

Sane among the insane.
Sep 12, 2010
Well, there are are I'm happy to see (Cole, Jak & Daxter, Kratos), some I'm surprised to see (Nariko, Spike) and others I'm disappointed not to see (Ratchet & Clank, Crash) I think I may pick this up. It could be a fun party game to play with my friends. Besides, I know there are plenty of you who want to beat up Nathan Drake. So, now's your chance. And you have such brutal options. Evil Cole, Kratos, and Nariko, for example.

Okay, I might be sold of this game. At least, maybe after a price drop? Trying to decide if it's worth full price, now.

T'Generalissimo

Nov 9, 2008
I guess it's sort of appropriate that in comparison to Smash Bros. they have way less 1st party characters and more 3rd party characters, but am I the only one who thinks this game is coming out a generation too late?

RobfromtheGulag

May 18, 2010
Cid SilverWing said:
Please... PLEASE...

Stop making these mash-up games...
Petition signed and signed.

It's going to be hard enough to recreate the lightning in a bottle that Smash had, let alone do it with a tag-sale'esque roster like this.

crimson sickle2

Sep 30, 2009
"À la recherche du temps perdu," I wish I was educated enough to know what that story has to do with "Jak and Daxter."