Full-Sized Papercraft Link is Amazing

HardRockSamurai

May 28, 2008

The attention to detail is simply uncanny. I wish I had that much time on my hands :)

Simalacrum

Resident Juggler
Apr 17, 2008
I remeber seeing a site once that had paper statues too... but these ones were much, much more detailed, mainly because they used a different method of construction... I think they used a lot more advanced technology, like using moulds, etc. They were more like Greek/Roman statues rather than this kind of stuff. I'll post a link if/when I find it.

I have to admit though, this is pretty damn impressive too... the ones I originally saw weren't painted or anything, so this one does look prettier.

Mad Gab

Sep 7, 2009
now all they need to do is start making these in flatpack kits and they'd make a fortune

Aedes

Sep 11, 2009
I'm stunned by the amazigness of this schulpture.
Paper Link > Paper Mario! Only becouse he's real.

j0z

Apr 23, 2009
Sporky111 said:
Oh, I wish I could take a close look at that. It looks flawless, but the cynic in me wants to see the creases. I wonder how fragile it is?
I'll check! *runs toward it with hammer*

OT- awesome, quite impressive piece of work

oppp7

Aug 29, 2009
Wow, whoever did that did a good job. I need to look up paper craft on Wikipedia.

oshin

Apr 25, 2008
Flying-Emu said:
Slow news day?
Its Sunday.. Nobody is working, so Id guess yeah ?

This thing is awesome, I hope it can go the distance, but I guess after a couple of months is will curl and the ink will yellow, but still, a really nice achievement.

VZLANemesis

Jan 29, 2009
The full videos explain how it is made, it's not as hard as one might think, but still...
LOADS of time spent on that model, I would really like to get a hold of it. XD

oshin said:
Flying-Emu said:
Slow news day?
Its Sunday.. Nobody is working, so Id guess yeah ?

This thing is awesome, I hope it can go the distance, but I guess after a couple of months is will curl and the ink will yellow, but still, a really nice achievement.
The ink will yellow? What do you mean by that?

Florion

Dec 7, 2008
:) I think I am seeing an increase of "[adjective] [noun] is [adjective]" headlines. First, "Expensive Blue-ray player is expensive," and now "Amazing Link is Amazing"? It's cute.

oshin

Apr 25, 2008
If have ever printed something off an inkjet you`ll notice it`ll yellow after a while.

NuclearJonJon

May 24, 2009
"$135,000 Blu-ray Player Is Expensive"

"Full-Sized Papercraft Link is Amazing"

You guys have been having a field day with these article titles :D

Oh no, a Ninja :C

ae86gamer

Mar 10, 2009
That must have taken months to make. I've tried making papercraft before and I couldn't even make a small 8-bit treasure chest from the Zelda games. That Link looks amazing.

Emphraim

Mar 27, 2009
That is seriously awesome. I actually thought that picture was something from Twilight Princess before I read the article. This guy must be really dedicated to Zelda.