Funniest/creepy glitch in a game?

Unknower

Jun 4, 2008
Jaccklesby said:
Unknower said:
Naked Sims. Seriously, that glitch was weird.
I never came across that.. Explain? :)
I moved a couple to a new house. I bought clothes for the guy. That's when the game somehow glitched and his wife got an extra option at the wardrobe: no clothes at all.

The option disappeared after a while though.

Jaccklesby

Apr 12, 2009
Unknower said:
Jaccklesby said:
Unknower said:
Naked Sims. Seriously, that glitch was weird.
I never came across that.. Explain? :)
I moved a couple to a new house. I bought clothes for the guy. That's when the game somehow glitched and his wife got an extra option at the wardrobe: no clothes at all.

The option disappeared after a while though.
Haha, awesome. ^^

AutumnGold

Apr 2, 2009
i have 3 glitches on fable 2.
1 was where i jumped into a pond of water and i went to a dive spot and i then procedded up stairs but my character appeared as if i was sitting down.

another one is that my current player simply glides no walking animations what so ever. and if i sprint he simply fast glides.

another one is that my freind gave me the sex change potion as a gift and after i left the dungeon i still had it
its worth 6969 gold

lgrayson

Feb 24, 2008
Crysis. First time I opened it up, the game engine only rendered the eyeballs of all the characters in the scene. It was only after turning off some of the shaders that I saw it rendered properly.

Thought it was a slightly weird way to open a game!

Velian

Mar 13, 2009
The best glitch in a game I ever had was in Fable 2. My character got frozen a few inches off the ground with arms spread wide like he was on a cross. I could still move though so I would float through the world shooting people with lightning pretending I was pirate Jesus (My character had a beard and was completely good and had pirate clothes on).

Josdeb

May 22, 2008
shophius said:
Remco32 said:
shophius said:
MissingNo =D

As a young child I found it by accident. I cried.

Haven't played pokemon since.
I was scared too, didn't touch my gameboy for weeks
Well after seeing all these cute, little monsters a mass of pixels screaming glitchy music at you it's not suprising...
In total agreement. I did it with my copy of Pokemon Red and I didn't go back ever again.

Cathosach

Mar 10, 2008
There was this one time during Half-Life 2 (somewhere in Nova Prospekt I think) when Alyx got stuck in some kind of bizarre... loading screen/grenade/glitch fest thing. After a few seconds she jumps out of this mess of limbs she was in and... behold - two Alyx's which acted fully independently. The clone didn't fight or anything but she did follow me. Disappeared at the next loading screen. Alas, my attempts to russle up a threesome were unfruitful.

Amplify

Aug 31, 2008

GTA: San Andreas (possibly PS2 only)

Planes falling out of the sky killing people or spawning in funny places.

See also: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hoBT9UiI-j8

tanithwolf

For The Epic Tanith Wolf
Mar 26, 2009
The smoke grenade glitch from GoW2 multiplayer, where if you tripmie a smoke grenade to a spot just opposite the edge of the map and someone runs into it at the right angle, they get blown off the map

Christemo

Jan 13, 2009
ive tried several times in wow when i get on my flying mount, and fly on it, it still looks like im standing on the ground. an unmoving flying mount soaring through the air. looked pretty stupid.

squeekenator

Dec 23, 2008
I was playing Team Fortress 2, and we had started to play in a less than serious manner. It started when everyone (well, except for a few spoilsports) decided to play as Scouts, using only baseball bats. Next we had only Pyros with axes, then Soldiers, then the server admin person decided to start screwing with settings. So we have low gravity, high gravity, lots of fun stuff. Anyway, after a bit the admin turns on a setting called drugs. This appears to make the screen change colour and camera angle every couple of seconds. Great fun. However, when it is deactivated, I notice that everyone has vanished. I was playing on Payload, and could see the progress of the cart in the bar down the bottom. I could see the kill tracker in the top right corner telling me how killed who and such. What I couldn't see was other people and the cart. I tried shooting at where the cart should have been while the bar was telling me there were enemies there, and I was using a scattergun at a good distance, so it would have hit if there was anyone there, but no luck. I was stuck in a parallel universe. Eventually I had to kill myself by changing classes to fix it.

Later on, when I was playing Half-Life 2, I was in the section where you drive around in the hovercraft-ish thing, and went through a tunnel. In this tunnel was a load point. Unfortunately, I somehow managed to skip said load point and fly straight past it. This resulted in me reaching the end of the world after a few moments, because the game hadn't loaded any further. When I went back to the load point to fix this, it had to load 3 times before it worked.

Mysteriously enough, I've played Oblivion for a huge amount of time and Fallout 3 for a decent number of hours, and have not yet encountered any serious glitches in either.

YukoValis

Aug 9, 2008
Hitman 2, I forget where the level was, but you are in an apartment building with two guards. One of them glitched and his head acted like it spotted me in my hiding space, even though no alarms went off, and he didn't try to attack me. He just stood there like he would if he didn't spot me, so I got to stay nervously in my hiding spot inches from a several hundred foot fall.

Though his body kept facing away from me...his head...OMG It was turned around, looking right at me, and had a angry evil look on his face. Like the messed up look of the exorcist. I was just sitting there in the hiding spot for 5 minutes freaked out of my mind. I still remember that tense moment today...it was insane.

suhlEap

Apr 14, 2009
twitching half corpse in doom 3. i played it and killed one of the zombies. and it floated, twitching in the air in front of me. i couldn't get past it as it blocked a tunnel in front of me which was such a bastard as i hadn't saved in a while!

necromango

Mar 16, 2009
Counter Strike: Source Zombie Mod
When the server has human respawn, any spawning human is invisible, except for their gun. Its pretty hilarious but it probably doesnt really count as a glitch so much.

I III II X4

Nov 14, 2008
Compatriot Block said:
Last time I played Oblivion, I was walking through Cheydinhal near a priest of some sort, and out of nowhere the entire guards' barrack emptied. They beat the hell out of the priest, and then turned to me, and said in ONE voice at the same time...

STOP RIGHT THERE CRIMINAL SCUM! NO ONE BREAKS THE LAW ON MY WATCH.
A similar event happened to me at the chieftan's lodge in Skaal in Morrowind. This was after that...event, so they were all crowded around the door.

"Ahh, you like to dance close to the fire, don't you?

Slowly, I shuffle backwards, the Skaal guards all looking at me, timidly, I step forward again.

"Ask, or get going!"

Nord and Dunmer relations are very tense in Solsthiem.

----

Another would be in Oblivion, both were nearly game breaking. The first part was with me and You know who. Proudly, I saunter towards the steps of Cloudrunner Castle, only to walk up halfway, and fall straight through them. I saved and reloaded, the problem fixed itself, so I was able to whisk You know who to his/her destiny.

The next happened on my evil/alt character, basically a beserker who worked the Dark Brotherhood. I didn't take the stealth approach, everything just died if it was near my target...carpet bombing would've been stealthier than sending me to do it. So obviously, I had (and still have) an insanely high bounty, which the Guard decided to do something about.

One day I rudely discovered that I couldn't wait or sleep anywhere, Frantically I dashed about, searching for who, or what it was that wanted me dead. Finally, I happened across some guards, who were farther south than they should've been...Bruma guards, and who was it, bolding leading them after me? The Akvari-phile ***** herself, Governerness of Bruma. They were marching along the road, I think at least ten or fifteen Bruma guards, eventually they spotted me and attacked, so I quickly dispatched them and fled, leaving the unconcious Bruma governor behind in the rain.

I shit you not, this actually happened.

----

One more Morrowind one...

I'm walkin' around Vivec, just taking in the sights, when without warning, I phase through the canton and splash down in the water below, npcs raining down as well. This has happened many, many times.

Dragon_of_red

Dec 30, 2008
I like the glitch in San Andreas, where your riding your bike, and you reverse and go forward at the same time, he like melts off the bike with his legs and arms still attavhed to the bike. Its weird.

Also, in Timesplitters 2, thers an escape the level glitch in like 3 of the levels, Chasm, Ufopia and Training ground, me and my friend somehow found the ufopia one, then we checked the internet and found that there were 2 otheres. You can still shoot people, though fairly limited, but they cant shoot you.