Funny events in anti-woke world

Kwak

Elite Member
Sep 11, 2014
Country
Guess who's trying to Bari Wiess themselves some controversy

JP: The hetero white male can't get jobs because BIPoCs now get jobs. This is clearly because they are unqualified...

Me: You realise that you are saying that previously white hetero males only got their jobs because they were white male heteros. Not because they are qualified

I'm still waiting for JP to go to prison. Or him owning up that he straight up lied for political and celebrity points
He's full of bad takes as he panders to his right wing sycophant audience.
1643089270562.png

Reactions: BrawlMan

Cheetodust

Elite Member
Jun 2, 2020
Country
Ireland
Hmmm
$911? I have Brett Hart and Ozzy Osbourne's autographs at home and they both cost me the price of a hard back book and waiting in line and both of those guys have done more to make the world a better place than Giuliani ever did.

Way to absolutely piss away whatever good will he managed to cling on to though.

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
$911? I have Brett Hart and Ozzy Osbourne's autographs at home and they both cost me the price of a hard back book and waiting in line and both of those guys have done more to make the world a better place than Giuliani ever did.

Way to absolutely piss away whatever good will he managed to cling on to though.
Technically it's the radio station he has a show on that's selling the shirts, but c'mon, Giuliani hand signs the things. He's either in on the grift, or he's not and the station is somehow taking advantage of him, in which case he's just plain incompetent. Tho as a politician, being both in on the grift and incompetent is emminently possible.

Cheetodust

Elite Member
Jun 2, 2020
Country
Ireland
I don't see the problem. Idris Elba fulfils the first and most important criteria you can have to play James Bond, just as Messrs Cavil and Hardy do.

That you must be an Englishman.
... I mean it's about 50/50 right now. Only half of the actors who played Bond were English. So Elba has a greater claim to Bondishnes than half of the Bonds. You guys let an Irish guy be bond, we had a whole war over not being British!

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia
... I mean it's about 50/50 right now. Only half of the actors who played Bond were English. So Elba has a greater claim to Bondishnes than half of the Bonds. You guys let an Irish guy be bond, we had a whole war over not being British!
Never mind that, one time they let an Australian - a colonial! - play the part. Only once though, they were very quick on the uptake there.

Hades

Elite Member
Mar 8, 2013
Country
The Netherlands
I don't see the problem. Idris Elba fulfils the first and most important criteria you can have to play James Bond, just as Messrs Cavil and Hardy do.

I think the problem the likes of Peterson have with Elba as Bond is that they do not really view him as British. Or least not ''quintessentially British'' like Bond should be.

Cheetodust

Elite Member
Jun 2, 2020
Country
Ireland
I think the problem the likes of Peterson have with Elba as Bond is that they do not really view him as British. Or least not ''quintessentially British'' like Bond should be.
A canadian gatekeeping Britishness. Cool.

Edit: then again I think people across the pond have a weird idea of Britishness. Like 2 of the 3 most recent Alfred's (nolanverse and Gotham) sound less like they worked as Butlers and more like they would crack your head in with a bike lock for accidentally knocking a steak and kidney pie out of their hand.

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia
A canadian gatekeeping Britishness. Cool.

Edit: then again I think people across the pond have a weird idea of Britishness. Like 2 of the 3 most recent Alfred's (nolanverse and Gotham) sound less like they worked as Butlers and more like they would crack your head in with a bike lock for accidentally knocking a steak and kidney pie out of their hand.
Actually I don't mind that; for Alfred to survive being the Batman's batman, it makes sense that his background is a little rough and tumble. The two popular ones are ex-SAS or ex-MI5/SIS.

Plus its not without precedent: Lady Penelope of Thunderbirds fame has a driver/butler named Parker who was a proper villain, knocking off banks and the like as a safe cracker. And he sounds even less posh than either Michael Caine or Sean Pertwee.

Cheetodust

Elite Member
Jun 2, 2020
Country
Ireland
Actually I don't mind that; for Alfred to survive being the Batman's batman, it makes sense that his background is a little rough and tumble. The two popular ones are ex-SAS or ex-MI5/SIS.

Plus its not without precedent: Lady Penelope of Thunderbirds fame has a driver/butler named Parker who was a proper villain, knocking off banks and the like as a safe cracker. And he sounds even less posh than either Michael Caine or Sean Pertwee.
I just think that part of the training would be neutralising "regional" accents. I did radio presentation in college as part of my course and don't remember how to talk in my hometown accent. People have an impossible time even placing what country I'm from.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
He's full of bad takes as he panders to his right wing sycophant audience.
View attachment 5392
Dude sounds like an insecure and raging racist douche. Most really hurt that minorities being represented positively as bad for business and education. It's only bad for the racists in charge or those that like to support racism and sexism.

Reactions: Dalisclock

Kwak

Elite Member
Sep 11, 2014
Country
No, it's his skin colour.

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
Dude sounds like an insecure and raging racist douche. Most really hurt that minorities being represented positively as bad for business and education. It's only bad for the racists in charge or those that like to support racism and sexism.
He's also a misogynist, thinks the commies are infiltrating everything and weirdly obsessed with lobsters.

So basically an alt-righter.

Reactions: BrawlMan

Gergar12

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 24, 2020
Country
United States

California's homeless crisis in a nutshell. Camping laws are based tho.

Agema

You have no authority here, Jackie Weaver
Legacy
Mar 3, 2009

He's too old. He's nearly 50 (which is I think already above the mandatory retirement age for agents according to the novels) and they wouldn't get enough films out of him before he began to look too creased. No-one wants to go back the late Roger Moore era with a geriatric making out with 20-somethings.

They probably want someone 40 at the oldest, assuming three films minimum and a film every 3-4 years.