Funny events in anti-woke world

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I usually don't do too many VTuber reactions, but what Alicia says here is actually important. I got it time stamped. Don't worry as it is something positive and the importance of discussing race and pointing out racism. And how you can't just ignore it or be upset because of the show, game, or TV show is discussing it. Especially if it's an anime that does a great job with its subject matter. You shouldn't be complaining about it, nor shelter yourself and run and hide from it, and I'm glad she points this out.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
A thread about how Western otakus hating the very Japanese creatives they claim to respect.
Those "self-proclaimed gatekeepers" are just another set of parasitic racist and sexes leeches. They only watch anime to see black be drawn as negative stereotypes, be murdered, or just to be "funny only", and background characters. That trend is more or less dying in Japan for good reason and has been for nearly a decade now. You still get one or two every now and then, but they usually don't leave Japan. I'm more than happy that Japanese artist realized dark skin or black people want to be drawn like normal persons as well, and not just cultural or negative stereotypes. Screw off a parasitic leeches and die in a fire. Stay away from the anime, because it is not for you, nor do you deserve it.

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
That Jinkei identifies as nonbinary, are we certain they're even Japanese? /s

I say /s but you just know at least one doofus with a waifu avatar actually said that.

Reactions: BrawlMan

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
Because creating black characters is "woke" and therefore must be rejected. These assholes aren't even trying to hide their racism, are they?
They're still hiding, but now it's in plain sight under the 'woke' umbrella. Aferall, they're not saying black people are worse than white people, or that gay people are worse than straight people, they're just saying 'woke', and everyone, even centrists, are using that term now to convey annoyance at leftist ideals. Right? ;)

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
You should blow their minds and tell them that this JINKEI, a japanese, is also non-binary. :eek:
Because creating black characters is "woke" and therefore must be rejected. These assholes aren't even trying to hide their racism, are they?
Somebody pick up that phone
They're still hiding, but now it's in plain sight under the 'woke' umbrella. Aferall, they're not saying black people are worse than white people, or that gay people are worse than straight people, they're just saying 'woke', and everyone, even centrists, are using that term now to convey annoyance at leftist ideals. Right? ;)
What these idiots seem to forget is that anime has been drawing black people like normal people or more super model looking since the 80s and 90s. Not every anime did this, there were many problems, and there's still a lot that used either black, blackface or negative cultural stereotypes. There was constant change, and by the late 2000s it was getting more noticeable. Especially as anime/manga became more mainstream and is getting accepted across the globe now, and not just the UK, EU, CAN, and USA. So modernization and homogenization makes sense. What helps is that many Japanese artists want to draw blacks, latinos, and dark-skinned character as actual people and there is nothing wrong with that. The racist "anime fans" want ugly looking blacks/inhuman stereotypes to justify their racism and prejudice.

You can tell they're not real anime fans, because there's so much anime out there now, than there was before that drew black or non-ambiguously brown dark-skinned character either just as beautiful looking as the white or Asian characters. Or just have them look like normal people like any other person.

• Afro Samurai
  • Bleach
  • Shaman King (second anime only and the Western version of the manga)
  • Mitchicko and Hatchin
  • Cowboy Bebop
  • Yasuke
  • Cannon Busters
  • Clock Strikers - This manga just came out a few months ago, and has black pre-teen girl as the main protag.
  • Alita: Battle Angel/GUNM
  • Appleseed
  • Ghost in the Shell
  • Gunsmith Cats
  • FMA 2003 & Manga/Brotherhood
  • Street Fighter II: The Animated Move
  • Street Fighter UDON Comics - I know this is not manga, but it's still heavily anime inspired and its fucking Street Fighter.
  • Attack on Titan
  • Kill La Kill
  • Promare
  • Cyberpunk: Edgerunners
  • Star Wars Visions Season 1
  • The Animatrix
  • Batman: Gotham Knight
  • Naruto Shippudden
  • Boruto
  • Pokemon
These "gatekeepers" don't know shit!

Here's some of Jinkei's art work. Their work is beautiful. Whoever they are.

Last edited:

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
Not a bad sign, but not holding my breath.

Not be surprised if the usual suspects don't push for increased use of fossil fuels, as fusion is supposedly just around the corner.